Taking a breather

Abathyn Dalmoir

Abathyn was taking the advantage of her sleeping daughter to take a walk. Her long, brown hair was blowing around to the point of annoyance, and she looked around, wondering where her cousin had gotten to. Her arms were getting tired; Jaimee was far too heavy not to have a pram.

"Sorry I'm late" said Melodie, rushing towards her cousin. "I've just had alot on my mind lately" she said shyly, wrapping her scarf more tightly around her neck trying to ward off the cold breeze.

Abathyn jumped at the sound of her cousin behind her. Jaimee started, and began to cry. "Oh dear, and she'd just gotten to sleep too," sighed Abathyn more to herself than anything, her voice low and annoyed. "That's ok, I've only just gotten here myself." Abathyn directed at Melodie. Abathyn's face was in a frown as she rocked around on the balls of her feet, attempting to quieten Jaimee. "Where do you want to go?" Abathyn observed the expression on her cousins face curiously, noting how pale it looked. "You certainly look as if you've been busy" said Abathyn sympathetically.

Melodie looked around shyly. "I'm not really familiar with the surroundings yet" she said timidly. Feeling awful having woken up Jaimee. She looked down at the grizzly 2 year old "Wow she has grown alot since I last saw her". Melodie turned to Abathyn and stared straight ahead, looking lost and bewildered.

Abathyn spotted the worried look on Melodie's face. "Don't worry, she only catnaps at the best of times." she replied soothingly. Abathyn was generally mean and rude to everyone, but Melodie and Jamiee were the exception to that. "She has grown a lot, and shes very heavy. Would you like a hold?"

"Um...Ok" replied Melodie, hesitantly. It had been a long time since she had seen Jaimee and she didn't have a good track record with children. Melodie placed her books in her satchel and put her arms around the 2 year old. Jaimee looked up at her and smiled. Tears started to well in her eyes, don't think about him she told herself, but she couldn't help it. She blinked back the tears, "so where are we off to cuz?" she asked Abathyn.

Abathyn passed Jaimee over, and she immediately stopped crying. "You're good with kids," she said reassuringly. Abathyn happily watched her little angel cuddle Melodie, not noticing the tears in her younger cousin's eyes. "I think... lets just take a little stroll and window-shop?" she said uncertainly.

"Ok" said Melodie agreeingly, as she didn't have any idea what she would actually buy anyway. She walked along slowly looking down at the ground. She had always been shy, but Abathyn was always the one who made her open up. Melodie wondered if Abathyn would ask what was bugging her. She didn't quite know what she would say, but she knew it would be good to have a good heart to heart with her older cousin.

Abathyn began to walk, and took a sideways glance at Melodie, who was still weighed down by Jaimee. Melodie was looking very... depressed. Abathyn knew things had been bad lately, but this appeared to be the worst it'd been. "Auntie Meldy is sad," exclaimed Jaimee excitedly. "Can I has icecream?" "Here, let me take her," Abathyn said softly. She led Melodie over to a nearby bench and sat down, settling Jaimee on her knee. "Whats wrong?"

((WE JUST GOT CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: ))

"I just miss Ashley, you know?" Melodie took a deep breath. "I know I moved here to get away from it all, but it's still hard" Abathyn looked at Melodie as if to say she knew Melodie missed him. Which seemed to reassure her. "I guess you know what it's like. How is Jaimee's father?" Melodie said this hesitantly, knowing it was a touchy subject for her cousin.

"I'm sure Ashley misses you too," she replied gently, with a knowing smile. She'd heard from Ashley recently, and it looked like he had a surprise planned.

Her sympathetic look changed to a scowl as the conversation changed to Labain. "That cheating b**stard ran off with his other woman as soon as I told him I was pregnant." she replied angrily, her eyes almost changing colour at the thought of him. "I haven't heard from him since, and I'm all the better for it." she finished defiantly.

"How's the rest of the family been?" asked Abathyn, attempting to change the topic.

Melodie saw Abathyn's eyes flicker when she mentioned him. She knew it must have been bad. The two cousins excahnged a hug. Melodie felt as though they were more like sisters, since her mother and father's death when she was only 7. "Grandma has been writing, but she says the house id so empty without me!" Melodie laughed, remebering the letters her grandmother had sent.

"We are both single and lonely then" said Melodie, feeling like she belonged here. "Although...there is this guy..." She said, her voice trailing off.

Abathyn listened to the explanation about Grandma, and watched Melodie's expression change. "Who is it this time...?" asked Abathyn with a knowing smile. "Auntie Meldy, ICECREAM!!!" yelled Jaimee into Abathyn's ear impatiently, waiting to be acknowledged. "Shush Jaimee, mummy's having an important talk with Auntie Meldy." whispered Abathyn quietly.

((small amounts of godmodding approved :p ))

"Toby Finch" said Melodie, slightly blushing. She was glad they had changed the topic. "Shall we talk over icecream?" Melodie suggested, looking at little Jaimee and smiling.

((will rp later, have to go visit my sister)) ^_^

Abathyn chuckled at Jaimee, amazed at how well she had everyone wrapped around her finger. "Ok," she replied smilingly. The small group walked off towards the icecream shop...

Abathyn came out of the icecream shop, clutching a toddler in one hand and an icecream in the other. She smiled at her younger cousin. "Shall we apparate to my house? I think someones getting a little tired." she said, a careful eye on her little angel, the other eye on her cousin Melodie.

"Sounds good to me!" replied Melodie, taking off her scarf and replacing it in her bag. Looked like the weather was going to get better. She looked down at little Jaimee and up at Abathyn, she knew she had found her real family.

The three began on their trail back to Abathyn's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back