Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
12 3/4" Black Walnut Wand with Essence of Silver Thistle Core
Chloe Chan had never been more confused in her life. Her mother had decided to take her on a holiday, in New Zealand, or at least, that was what she had been told. Apparently though, once she found the documents in her mother's purse and had in fact, received a very odd letter, all she had felt was anger, she was upset at her mother for not having told her who she really was. She was magical. She had magical abilities in her, and now, as it turned out, this wasn't just a trip, it was the country she was to move to in August. In September, she would start at the boarding school, Hogwarts was it? According to her mother, once Chloe had confronted her about what the hell it actually meant that she had 'magic in her'. For her entire early childhood she thought she was normal and that she did fit in with all the other children at school. Now though, all of that seemed like a complete lie.

Of course, Chloe could never be angry at her mother for long. She blamed her at first, for not preparing her, because now she was confused about herself, and made her wonder who her biological father was. She had never thought about him much before, she had grown up in a loving home, and her mother's partner loved Chloe just as if she were his own child. But, she had to admit that there was always something missing, and for this she could not put her finger on it. Chloe had given up being angry at her mom when all she had been trying to do was protect her, maybe from the truth, she wasn't sure, but the girl was just that - a child. Being eleven was proving to be harder than she had thought. She didn't want to grow up so soon. While her mother had gone to do some shopping, Chloe had convinced her to let her go eat something as she was starving, thankfully her mother knew she could take care of herself. Sure, she wasn't in Singapore, the most familiar place she knew, but she could find her way around.

After finding a place that looked welcoming enough for the young girl, she entered and after finding a seat, was quickly given some food that she had ordered. Once her stomach was fuller, she began to think back on those documents. What were those papers and why had they been in mother's bag? How long had they been there for? Maybe, Chloe was meant to have found them, in the end, even if her mother hadn't meant her to do so. The only thing she could remember from those papers was a name, that had been in the back of her mind for days. Chloe could only assume it was important, but she couldn't bring herself to ask her mom, after she had pulled a tantrum about magic being real and about being lied to and stormed out of the room shortly before their trip. She didn't want to push her away because despite this, Chloe still needed her, still needed her mom, the person who raised her after all.

Olivia had spent years dreaming of the day she would start attending Hogwarts and the day was growing ever closer. Now that she had turned eleven and received her letter it was more of reality than a dream and the closer it got to September the more excited she got. For the most part, Olivia was looking forward to a time when she wouldn't be responsible for anyone but herself and she could finally focus on her own success. Olivia had her own ambitions and she would finally have the freedom to focus on them and not raising her siblings. The ensuing years since her mother died had been hard on Olivia, her father had never been the same and there was a big hole in her families life that she had been forced to fill.

With her siblings in daycare and her father meeting a friend in the three broomsticks, Olivia had the freedom of Brightstone Village. She spent the morning visiting a few shops, bought a few trinkets in Dervish and Bange's and finally made her way into a place to get some food. The cafe was pretty busy and empty tables were few and far between, Olivia spotted a table populated only by a young girl who looked like she could be around her age. "Hi," Olivia said as she approached the table. "Every other table is full, do you mind if I join you?"

Chad didn't always enjoy some of the Quidditch games he played. Particularly the ones he had to play in New Zealand. It always brought back such unpleasant memories, to have to be back in such a stupid country. He hadn't even let his siblings know that he was in town - for all they knew, he only played games in England.
The man knew he was getting to an age where soon Quidditch wouldn't be for him anymore, but he couldn't quite imagine a world without it. He had no idea what to do next, perhaps he'd become a coach - but he didn't think anyone would enjoy that. As much as he hated to admit it, he was getting old. When he was younger, he hardly ever got hangovers this bad, but now - his head was pounding and he couldn't even think straight to make his own coffee. Chad had snuck out of whoever's house he had woken up at, and found the first cafe' he could to get something stronger than whatever he had had last night. When the cashier asked his name, he scoffed, offended that they didn't already know who he was. "Seriously? I'm Chad Aria. I should get my coffee free for that." He tutted, rolling his eyes. Chad moved away from the counter, and took a seat while waiting for his drink, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples.

Chloe hadn't expected anyone to approach her, and her thoughts were muddled about the whole situation, so when she looked ups as a girl's voice spoke, she couldn't have felt more relieved for the distraction. "Oh, um - sure, go ahead," she said, nodding towards the seat next to her. In fact, maybe some company wouldn't be so bad. She didn't want to feel lonely after all. Or worse, look like a loner, and like someone who did not have friends. Okay, she didn't have friends yet, but she was positive she would soon, if the children at her future school were going to accept her as she was. "I'm Chloe, what's your name?" she asked, refraining from making the possible mistake of asking the other girl if she was to go to Hogwarts as well. She had no idea who she could trust around here.

It wasn't long before someone loudly exclaimed that he should get his coffee free simply because the person behind the counter didn't know his name. Chloe scoffed, and nudged the girl next to her. "Can you believe that guy?" She didn't care if the man could hear her, she couldn't get a good look at his appearance from where she sat but she could already imagine how self-absorbed he probably was. Chloe was good at judging people from first impression and so far, this man wasn't in her good books. Unless of course, she found out what he was really like - maybe, underneath all of that selfishness, he was a big softie. "I'll be right back," she said and got up, making her way over to the man. "Uh - excuse me, hello. Could I ask you something?" she said, pretending to fidget with her shirt as she waited for a response. She wanted to test this guy's patience, if he had none. It was just funny the way he reacted to not receiving free coffee.

Olivia smiled reassuringly at the girl as she seemed to decide if she could join her or not, eventually deciding on allowing her to take a seat. "Thanks," She said as she took a seat. "I'm Olivia, nice to meet you," Olivia introduced herself following the lead of the other girl. She wondered if the girl opposite her was also heading to Hogwarts in September, it would certainly be good to already know someone before she got there, if she could strike up a friendship with her. Olivia was out of practice talking to people, it had been a long time since she had spoken to anyone other than her siblings. "What brings you to the village?" Olivia asked, trying to find a way to determine if the girl was Hogwarts bound.

Soon her attention was drawn elsewhere by the commotion by the counter. A rather loud and obnoxious man seemed to be demanding free coffee because who he was...who was he? If he was supposed to be famous Olivia didn't recognise him. "He's so rude, who's he even supposed to be?" She asked the girl wondering if she had a better idea who the 'famous' man was supposed to be. Surprisingly, Chloe excused herself and seemed to approach the rude man. Olivia watched on curiously wondering what she was up to.

Chad's head was thumping against his brain - it was a wonder he even heard a voice near him. His eyes shot open and he looked down to see a kid standing by him. Chad never really had patience for kids - well he didn't really have patience for many people. He glanced over to see if his coffee was ready yet, taking a small breath in to try to relax when he saw it wasn't, and there was going to be no saving him from the kid in front of him. "Yeah, sure what - you want an autograph or something?" Chad said, looking around to try find a napkin. "I don't have a pen."

Chloe thought the girl was nice, although she still wondered if she should trust her and befriend her. She wanted to ease the loneliness however. She smiled as she said it was nice to meet her, it was indeed a pleasure. At her question, she shrugged. "I’m not from around here actually, I’m moving here in September...well, i’m going to a new boarding school and my
mother wanted us to visit first to see what the village is like,"
she said carefully, not wanting to reveal too much about why she was here just in case Olivia wasn’t magical. Something in her made her hope that the other girl was like her. "What about yourself?" she asked genuinely, but also wanting to turn the spotlight around on Olivia.

Chloe hardly heard Olivia’s question though she assumed she agreed with her, considering she didn’t stop her, as Chloe approached the man and when he noticed someone was speaking to him, she raised her eyebrows. Erm...what? That confused her. Was she meant to know who he was, or something? "Uh...not to burst your bubble man, but... are you supposed to be, like, famous or something?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing. She’d forgotten what she went over to his table for. It wasn’t for an autograph, that was for certain.

Olivia couldn't help but smirk as the girl told her that she would be going to a nearby boarding school, the girl must have been talking about Hogwarts but neither girl could come out and say it and risk exposure to a muggle. "Me too, the boarding school thing at least, I already live nearby," Olivia responded, wondering if the other girl would twig they were likely going to the same place.

Olivia watched from across the room as Chloe approached the strange, obnoxious man. She wasn't sure what Chloe was trying to do or why she though it necessary to approach, who Olivia assumed was a complete stranger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back