Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Even though Marisol felt better emotionally because she had finally told her best friends about her condition, it didn't do much to improve her recovery process during a full moon week. Although she had gotten used to the routine of transforming those nights, it still did nothing to ease the pain and sickness she felt before and after the grueling night. This month's full moon had been no different and Marisol, eager and impatient to get back to a normal life after the full moon, had strained herself the night before, trying to see if she could force herself back into a human sooner. So the morning after, she had to actually be carried up to the hospital wing due to fatigue, when normally she would've been able to walk on her own. She was frustrated with herself but couldn't dwell on it as she had instantly fallen asleep the moment she was put into a hospital bed without even taking any potions as she normally did. She knew she'd have to be woken up again to take them but she just hadn't been able to fight her sleep earlier.

Wyatt had been helping at the Hospital Wing for a little while now but had yet to tell his friends because he didn't want to begin to talk about the disappointment that he still felt knowing that at the end of the day he wasn't actually going to be a surgeon because that was selfish and he had to take care of people so he could one day take care of his best friend and people like her. He had been instructed to hand out potions to the appropriate patient. Double and triple checking that they were the right potion for the right patient he turned to see that somewhere along the day Marisol had come into the wing. The boy swallowed hard as he had only now truly noticed how frail she looked. Marisol Woods was not meant to be frail or weak. She was a hell of a lot stronger than he was - that much the boy knew. Still he walked towards her as she slept and he gentle tried to wake her. "Marisol," he said softly. He knew which potion she needed and he had been instructed to take an unlabelled vial of it to her when the time came. Before he gave her the potion though, she needed to be awake. He put his hand on her shoulder, gently and a little awkwardly rubbing it to wake her. "Woods, gotta wake up ok?" he said, a little stronger now, and hoped this would do the job for the girl who looked half dead laying before him on the hospital bed.

Marisol had only been asleep for an hour or two when she felt someone trying to rouse her awake. She had fallen into a dreamless sleep but she thought she recognized a voice suddenly. She intended to ignore it in order to keep sleeping but she heard it again, more familiar this time, so she stirred a little. It took effort for her to get her heavy eyelids open but even as she blinked she could recognize that face instantly as it came into focus. "Wyatt," she said with a raspy voice and a lazy smile. She instantly tried to push herself up to sit now that he was here but she groaned as she felt the sudden weight of her aches and pain hit her again and she laid back limply in defeat. "What're you doing here?" she asked, now a little embarrassed.

Wyatt gently tried to coax Marisol from her sleep although he really wished he could let her be because it hurt him to see his best friend in so much pain. He needed to be able to talk to Asaiah about this because he didn't quite know how to cope seeing Marisol like this and it was too selfish to bring this up to her. As she woke he brushed her hair out of her face like he had seen his father do to his sister when she was sick. Maybe that might make her feel a little better - he hardly knew. He loved medicine and healthcare but seeing her sick was different. She was more family than family was. "Hey sleepy," he said wincing as he saw how weak she seemed laying back down. "I'll tell you if you do me a favour?" he asked her as he had heard that traditionally it was fairly difficult to get Marisol to drink her potion from the staff. "The healer asked me to give this to you - if you take this I'll tell you," he said with a grin, trying desperately not to sound patronizing as he offered the vial to her with Wolfsbane in it.

"You're not supposed to see me like this," Marisol said stubbornly, feeling weak and vulnerable, but she still smiled despite herself because she was rather happy to have him there. Marisol closed her eyes as he brushed her hair out of her face but peeked her eyes open in interest when he mentioned giving her something in return for explaining how he was here. Once she saw the small vial in his hands, she knew exactly what it was and wrinkled her nose in disgust. "I hate that stuff!" she pouted, feeling betrayed by Wyatt and laughing a little at the thought. She winced as the effort made her sore and knew once she took her Wolfsbane potion she could take the other potions that eased the soreness and the rest of her symptoms. She turned to look at Wyatt and pouted dramatically to guilt him, though there was a hint of mischief in her face. "Don't make me take it," she whined.

Wyatt smiled at Marisol sympathetically as she claimed that he wasn't meant to see her ill - somehow she'd forgotten that they lived in the same house and he saw her looking half dead before but had never brought it up before because he had thought she was on her monthly cycle. Well... a different monthly cycle anyway. "Don't worry, you're still a nerd," he said, playfully teasing her. As she protested Wyatt felt bad for her because he wished he could give into her wishes but he really had to insisted. "Please, Marisol," he said softly because it was hard to see her hurting like this and even harder to be the one to force her to take the potion that must have been hell for her though he thought it was only meant to help and nothing more. There was a lot for him to learn, it seemed.

Marisol laughed, and winced, when Wyatt called her a nerd because it made her happy that he still treated her exactly the same. She knew he had seen her looking ill now that he knew what caused it, but he had never seen her the morning after like today, and that was when she felt her worst, especially after straining herself the night before. Marisol locked eyes with Wyatt as he softly pleaded with her and for the first time, she saw how this might be hurting him just as much as it hurt her. She knew her friends would be empathetic to her disease, but she hadn't thought of it affecting them. Marisol smiled warmly at him and then sighed dramatically in defeat as she said, "Okay fine." Not that she wasn't going to take it, she knew she had to. With a bit of effort and wincing, Marisol sat up and held her hand out for the vial. She grimaced slightly but then flashed Wyatt a bright smile to show that she was cooperating and quickly downed the potion. "Happy now?" she said playfully as she handed back the empty vial. "Your turn now, spill," she instructed, still curious how he was allowed in here when she knew the Hospital Wing made special accommodations to keep students out for full moon week for Marisol's sake.

Wyatt smiled sympathetically as he watched her drink the potion because he had to make sure she had every last drop of it for her safety as well as everyone else's. Apparently he was alone in thinking it'd be cool to be a werewolf. So he took the vial back from her and nodded, "Thanks." As he put the vial into the pocket of his robes the boy looked down at his shoes to compose himself and think of a way to word this. "Remember that book you got me for Christmas?" he asked as he looked back at Marisol affectionately because he adored that Christmas gift more than any ridiculous toy he had ever asked for and gotten because he knew she had really put effort into it whereas he knew his parents probably got an assistant or a nanny to pick gifts up for both Wyatt and his sister on their parent's behalf. "So I'm not messing around anymore. I can't be a surgeon or a Doctor but I'm going to be a Healer," he said trying to seem like it wasn't a consolation prize for the life that had been snatched away from him. He didn't know if it was obvious what he was doing at the Wing quite yet so as Wyatt moved to put a blanket on top of his best girl he said, "I'm volunteering here. I'm getting extra training so I can help you in the future." He tucked her in and smiled. He wanted to create a potion that would actually help Marisol because she seemed hardly improving with the potion and suspected that it would not get any easier as the days went on.

Marisol waited patiently as Wyatt pocketed the empty vial and began to explain why he was here. She nodded quietly when he mentioned the gift she had given him last Christmas, it had taken her a year to ask around and find the book so she was glad Wyatt really appreciated it. She didn't know what it had to do with him being here until he finally explained it. "Wyatt that's awesome!" she said, her face completely illuminated by the idea. She knew it wasn't what his original plans were but she thought it was just as good. "Maybe your surgical expertise can help improve magical healing here!" she said. She was too happy for Wyatt for her tone to be bitter, but you could tell Marisol still held some resentment for the limitations of magic when it came to healing. Marisol settled back against her pillows and got comfortable under the blanket he tucked around her and stubbornly said, "I don't need help. Other people who are sick need help." She hated thinking of her condition as a disease so it was hard to accept Wyatt's good intentions. Marisol tried not to dwell on it and instead wanted to focus on Wyatt's new position. "Does that mean you'll be here a lot?" she asked, a million thoughts running through her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back