Summer Time made promises...

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
A sunrise, the proof that simple things are most beautiful.
Harri made her way from the seventh floor to the lakefront to watch the sunrise, it was something she had told herself she had to do some more. The sight of it was utterly calming and seemed to put everything in prespective for her once more.
Arriving at the lakefront she loved the way the orange sun sent rays flying across the surface of the water, the way the water shimmered would have been inviting if she hadn't been wearing a t-shirt and shorts and was therefore feeling a little cold. She sat down staring across the water, her mind thinking over the summer. Her and Nina had promised that they would write, but she knew how things were. People often made promises they couldn't keep, of course they always had the intention of keeping them but sometimes it wasn't possible.
She sighed, not a sad sigh but not a happy sigh, she would miss Nina alot. Last year she had helped her out alot as well as being up for laugh and a general good friend. She sat contemplating this, her bright green eyes shimmering, reflecting the light of the sun just like the immense lake that was spread out infront of her.

[Hey do you think you could use a darker colour? its hard to read]

Nina was walking along the lake front, watching the sunrise sadly, she missed Alex, she couldn't bare herself to write him, they were over, she didn't want that, but now she was at HNZ and would not be moving back, not ever. Her Grandma really had taken a toll on her. Nina groaned slightly, she had heard in a newspaper that Haden died, a hit and run, Nina felt so bad, if Alex had been there, Haden wouldn't be dead, they would both be alive, perhaps not happy, but alive. Nina never really got along with Haden but it was all her fault Alex's only brother had died, and she knew it.

As she walked a tear streamed down her hot cheeks. It glistened in the sunlight and her strawberry blond hair blew when a gentle wind picked up, as if it was teasing her or reminding her of what she did.

((Sure sorry!))

The sun continued to cimb, higher and higher the clouds were illuminated by the sudden light and the lake shone in all its beauty.
Harri continued to stare out across it, watch the gentle flow .
She really loved it here, this was one of her favorite spots of the whole school, especially now when it wasn't packed with excitable first years. Now when it was just peacful, when no-one else was around.
The wind picked up gently, fanning her bright red hair around her and sending a slight shiver down her spine. She sighed and stood up, wishing she had come out more appropriatly dressed. She turned to walk back to the castle with one final glane to the lakefront. She stood there now, drawn to the warmth of the castle, but just as much drawn to the serine setting that surrounded her.
Finally the picturesque landscape won and she began to walk along the waters edge. Her plimsolls getting a little wet as the water lapped over at points.
She hadn't been walking long when she stopped dead, she saw someone ahead of her. She would recognise that strawberry blonde hair anywhere, "Nina?" she whispered to herself, "It can't be can it?" she said, before realising that she probably looked crazy standing here talking to herself. She ran over the smile on her face unbeatable, "Nina? What are..." she stopped seeing the tears on her face. "Whats wrong?" she said sitting beside her, her brow furrowed and an arm around her shouler.

[thanks lots]

Nina looked up when she heard a familiar voice. Nina rushed to wipe her tears away. Nina walked over to Harri giving her a weak smile before wrapping her arms around her, Harri was like her little sister and she missed her so much, but the pain and guilt she was feeling was unbearable so she began to cry gently. "Alex..." Nina choked slightly then stammered to say, "bro..th..er..dead." Nina pulled away from Harri gently and wiped her tears before looking at the girl before forcing a fake smile and she said in a horse whisper, "I transferred."

Harri grimaced at Nina's word, "Oh my gosh," she said softly, "Thats awful," she said hugging her. She hated seeing Nina upset, over the last year she had become like a big sister to her and seeing Nina cry made her upset.
She couldnt help but feel a wash of happiness when Nina said she had transferred but it quickly went away.
"Hows Alex?" she asked gently, knowing he must be distrort.

Nina winced and let out a soft whimper before turning her head away from Harri and she said, "I..I don't know." At least not anymore, Nina thought sadly to herself then she said, "We're over..and it's because I got fed up with him blaming himself.." Especially when it's my fault.

"Oh God Nina," Harri said, "I really put my foot in it there didnt I. Sorry," she said smacking her head.
"Oh Nina, really I'm sorry to hear that," she said sadly, "You two seemed perfect together," she said honestly shaking her head and thinking back to the summer.

Nina shook her head gently then said, "People change..and uhm now..I think I may have a thing for Noah.." Nina rolled her eyes at herself then sighed as she ruffled up Harri's hair gently, acting like an older sister to Harri then she said, "On a happier note.. How was the rest of your summer?"

Harri looked at Nina, "Seriously?" she said giggling as Nina ruffled her hair. "I like Noah," she said nodding in approval, "He seems really nice," she siad grinning.
"Great thanks! I saw Kevin," she said happily, "How about you?" she asked.

Nina bit her lip and said, "I'm not sure.. but I've got a feeling I do..but I feel so bad about Ash I mean I don't even know where she is." Nina sighed softly then said, "Well I went to France for a while, ended up fighting with Alex after his brothers death..then going to my parent's house, I saw Darcy for the first time." Nina smiled proudly as she spoke of her baby brother. "I found out my Grandma isn't really my Grandma is a witch..and she has been hiding it all from me, the only reason she told me was because of the TriWizard Tournament, she wanted to know if Professor Barker was back." Nina rolled her eyes angrily at this then shrugged her shoulders softly.

Harri smiled, here was Nina always worrying about other people, "Yeah but do you like him?" she asked.
"Ah really? Whats he like?" she asked, hearing the pride in her voice.
"Oh no, thats awful," she said, "Its been a rough summer for you hasn't it?" she said sadly.

Nina let a giggle come out of her lips and said, "He's like any other one year old..." Nina smirked playfully then it faltered slightly and she nodded her head and said, "Yeah..I don't know if I should even be living in her house any more..I don't want to intrude..but I've been living with her for almost my whole life."

Harri smiled, "My uncles just got a son and hes absoloutely gorgeous too!" she said happily. "Oh I'm sure your not intruding," she said confidently, "But if you ever want to get away, you know my house is always there!" she said honestly, like she had told Steph, her and Nina were always welcome at her house.

Nina beamed at Harri and said, "That's great Harri!" Nina smiled at Harri and said, "Thanks my dear.."

Harri smiled, "Pleasure," she said. "So how you settling in to life at HNZ?" she asked, "I mean I know you were here last year, but as a proper student?"she said laughing.

Nina couldn't help but blush slightly and she said, "Hmm it's good..I keep getting confused looked from some of the younger students, but it's a bit amusing.."

Harri laughed, "Their all just pleased to see you," she said winking, "How comes you transferred? If you don't mind me asking?" she asked, curiously.

Nina smirked and joked lightly, "Well I couldn't stay away from you..for the rest of Hogwarts." Nina shook her head and said, "It's complicated, well not really, I just don't exactly feeling like explaining it."

Harri nodded, "Fair enough," she said. "How does it compare to Scotland?" she asked curiously, she had never been to HS before and she couldn't seem to imagine what it would look like in her head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back