Sugar

Jakobe Vittori

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Jakobe Hitachiin was so confused. He was supposed to be doing homework for Potions, but it was boring him. He wanted to do something, or more interesting anyway. The Student Lounge was boring with nobody in it. Jakobe sighed and threw the book down on one of the tables in a bit of a sulk. He was being childish, he could tell, he knew he was being childish, but he had to relieve his boredom somehow. The only was he could think of was to throw his book, but now that he had thrown his book, he had nothing else to do. "Right bad idea." He slipped himself onto the floor of the Student Lounge then and pulled a packet of sugar out of his pocket. He poured some onto his finger and popped it into his mouth, there was really nothing better then sugar or sugary substances. He could eat them all day if he was allowed too, though, of course he was not allowed too, which greatly defused his happiness. Sometimes he just had to take it into his own hands, literally, like eating a doughnut. It's frowned upon at home because his mother believe in a wholesome meal and a satisfying diet, not a weird mix of sugary foods.

Jakobe grinned to himself, he was really quite happy that he still had his sugar packets. He was used to carrying them in his pockets to hide them from his mother so this was really not much different. Leaning back into the chair he was sitting in front of, Jakobe sighed. Weekends were the most boring time in Hogwarts, his friends were all busy with other school related things. Jakobe had been writing his sisters a lot, and now apparently Kumiko was pregnant which was the biggest surprise ever really. It was so odd! Jakobe shook his head and crawled across the floor to retrieve his book before flipping it open and keeping his body laid across the floor. It seemed to be more interesting from this angle, for whatever reason. Jakobe smiled and tipped more sugar onto his finger before popping it into his mouth. Indeed, this was the best source of nutrition in the world.
<i></i>

Esme's satchel bumped softly against her hip with each step as the Slytherin made her way along the Fourth Floor Corridor, her filed nails trailing lightly along the closest wall, much to the amusement of the girl and the annoyance of the portraits that her fingertips would occasionally brush over. It was so hard to fight the urge to flip them all around in their position so that the animated, and generally downright unpleasant figures had only the plaster of the wall to admire. Isabelle, one of the pre-teens fellow doormates had already covered up one in their sleeping quarters. The girl smiled. If she ever had a portrait painted of herself, she'd make sure it was stuck with a Permanent-Sticking Charm and had some form of measure to stop it being covered, wherever she decided to have it placed. The Lancaster House already had a few of her ancestors and extended family, though many were taken down, for reasons she wasn't one hundred percent sure of, but had come to the conclusion it boiled down to a person's blood status. If any relatives had decided to marry off with a muggle, they ceased to exist in the eyes of the family. It seemed a common practice among certain families.

Reaching the Library, Esme almost went to turn into the room when her eyes found another door further down the corridor. The Student Lounge. Though she was supposed to be trying to study, with exams coming up all too soon, the lounge made for better comfort, it's fireplace and couches suddenly much more appealing than the dusty library, with towering bookshelves and hard wooden seating. Esme drummed her fingertips thoughtfully against the library door, just for a moment, then made her way quickly past.

Reaching the Lounge's open door, the Slytherin girl's eyes caught the movement of a book thrown onto a table. She stopped, leaning quietly to one side of the door-frame as she peered into the almost empty room, if not for one boy, physically appearing to be around her own age who was pulling some kind of lonely tantrum, over what she couldn't be sure. She could hear him say something to himself, a trait that way too many students in the school seemed to have, before just sitting in the middle of the floor and taking out something, Esme couldn't exactly what it was, but it contained a powdery looking white substance. Sugar? It appeared to make him happy, whatever it was. This boy was weird. And now he's crawling along the floor, what the sh*t. she thought, baffled by the realisation of how damn strange people could be when they thought no one was watching. Did she ever do random things like that? Esme couldn't recall, but she cautiously stepped into the room, tossing her bag onto a plump couch whilst she cleared her throat none-too-quietly to let this boy know there was someone else there. Hopefully he wasn't just a bizarre little thing in general. After meeting people like that Saffron girl, or Tabitha, no one seemed normal. Even by wizarding standards. The Slytherin made a mental note to include this sight in her next letter to Emmett. He'd love it.

HATE ME JESSE! I'm sorry this took so long!

Jakobe sighed in content as he flipped through the pages of his book. Indeed it was now more interesting then it had been when he was reading it before. That was a good thing indeed. He was so enamoured by his book and the sugar in fact, that the clearing of a throat in the room, nearly scared him. He turned his head to the sound and slowly lifted himself off of the floor as he noticed a girl, around his age, standing in the room. He noted a bag on the chair opposite him and assumed that it would be this girls. She looked harmless enough, which was a good thing. He wasn't in the mood for a non harmless person after all. "Hello! Hi! Hello!" Jakobe started, moving to stand up so that he wouldn't look like such a weirdo. "I'm Jakobe. Have you been standing there long?" He asked, holding his hand out too the girl in greeting. He had a couple of friends but he was always willing to make more, there was no problems.

"Were you here earlier?" he asked, slightly embarrassed that she might have seen him crawling along the ground. It was not something he did often, so the thought that she might think him a weirdo waged in his mind. "I don't normally do stuff like that, just so you know, I'm like... not a freak or anything." Okay, this was getting really weird now. Jakobe shook his head and gestured to the sugar in his hands. "You want some? It's sugar. I love sugar." Boy, that was such an understatement. Sugar was his life he thought sometimes.
<i></i>

Esme stood there uncertainly, a slightly bemused expression plastered on her face as the Ravenclaw boy greeted her multiple times. "Hello." she responded slowly, in the same space of time it took him to say the same thing thrice. She could almost feel the energy radiating from the boy, and politely shook his hand when he extended it. It was such a male greeting. "I'm Esme. I've been standing here for about a minute or so." she replied. A minute too long. she continued in her thoughts, wondering what he could have been doing before she'd shown up.

As Jakobe explained that he didn't normally act as strange as he did, Esme nodded, raising her eyebrows and making a sound that might have suggested she understood completely, if it wasn't heavily frosted with a sarcastic, doubtful tone, and followed by "I'm sure you're perfectly normal." She smiled however, not wanting him to think she was being antagonistic. It was just hard to believe he was anything but a bit of a freak after this first impression. As the boy continued, her eyes found the packet in his hands, confirmed to be sugar. She shook her head as it was offered to her, not one for sharing anything with other people. "No thank you. I like sugar, just not straight from the packet. Besides, after seeing you crawl around on the floor, who knows what's in the stuff."

Jake didn't really know how to respond or to act around his new companion. His only two other friends didn't call him out on his antics and so it was strange to have someone question his sanity. Frowning slightly, Jake looked at the girl. She was blonde, not his favorite hair colour. Though he didn't hate it because his best friend had blonde hair. He wasn't used to so much blonde hair. He lived in France after all and so he was used to seeing brunette or black hair considering his family was from Japan. Though, admittedly, he did want to one day dye his hair white, that would be really cool. He'd seen others do it and thought it would look good on him. "You've been standing there for a little bit then, so you saw me crawling on the floor... huh?" That explained why she thought he was a weirdo then. He supposed to her, he was one.

He was slightly offended by her tone however and moved backwards to fall backwards onto one of the chairs, sugar going everywhere. After a few moments of stunned confusion, Jake looked up at the girl, Esme and laughed his head off. He wasn't sure why this was funny, but it definitely was, despite the fact that he was pretty sure the girl had just implied he might be a dealer. He wasn't one to take things seriously or get overly offended at things. He was lucky enough to be the type who could laugh at themselves. Opening his eyes and moving to shift the sugar off of him, Jake smiled at the girl. "Unfortunately, sugar is also really messy, i'm thankful its not cinnamon!" He told her, remembering once time back at home when he had some how managed to get cinnamon all over the place. "Anyway, Esme, what brings you here, i was trying to study but as you can see that didn't go well. Is that why you're here too?"

Esme could do nothing but watch the inevitable happen as this boy, this Jakobe kid, reeled backwards and disappeared behind a sudden cloud of sugary dust, a few of its crystals showering the witches skin and clothes. Her eyes had instinctively jammed shut in protection, and with the danger over she slowly, very slowly, opened them again, focusing with a look of silent disbelief on the dark-haired Ravenclaw. She honestly had no idea what to even say at this point. She made to open her mouth, as if to speak, but still nothing came and she pressed her lips together once more with the slightest shrug of her shoulders.

It was by this point that Jakobe burst into hysterics. With no idea how else to react, the Lancaster girl did the same, though with a slightly uncertain, nervous tone. It was a ridiculous situation she'd gotten herself into and she just, she just could not even..
Oh Merlin's beard this guy is crazy. a voice inside her head told her. She agreed, but in a small way she kind of liked how quirky he was, it made for a nice break from the girl's she tended to hang around. In fact, he was probably the first boy she'd really spoken to out of the classroom. Were all boys like this?

The Slytherin brushed herself down as Jakobe rambled about cinnamon or something, specks of sugar showering the carpet around her feet. A quick comb of her fingers through her hair and she was surprisingly sweet-free, returning her attention to Jelly-brained Jake as he asked why she'd come to the student lounge. The girl paused for a moment, a confused expression briefly washing over her features as she tried to recall. "Oh, right. I almost forgot. I was coming to study too, somewhere more comfortable than the library. Then this uh, distraction happened." she replied, not even needing to gesture at the mess around them both. "Something tells me I'm not really going to be able to focus on my revision with this fresh in my mind."

Jakobe watched as the girl brushed herself down. He did feel slightly bad about her now being covered in Sugar, but there was no harm done really. Well, unless she was allergic, but it didn't seem like she was and she hadn't said that she was so Jakobe was working on the assumption that she wasn't. Jakobe simply grinned at her, as he was really unsure where he was supposed to go from this point. So, Jake stood up and continued to shake the sugar granules out of his very fine hair. It was much like all of his families, dark, smooth, straight and thin. There was no such thing as thick hair from his family, it was practically unheard of. Despite it all, Jake thought that he could really grow to like Esme. They were both in the first year so it made sense. He smiled at the girl as she spoke and tilted his head slightly. She had forgotten what she was doing because he had distracted her, well, how about that. He'd never thought of himself as a distraction, but he supposed it was true. Maybe he should ask his best friend Giuliano, see what he thought about the subject.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to distract you!" He told her, moving to stand in front of her with a big grin. "What were you studying? Maybe we could do it together!" As much as he didn't like studying, it was more fun with two people then one person, after all, studying was supposed to be good for revision and with exams coming up, Jake knew they would have to study at some point. "I'm really good at history! Are you good at a subject? Maybe we could help each other out?" He hoped so, he really liked helping people and making friends was even better then just helping. On the inside, Jake was sure that he should be paying more attention to the fact that in a round about way, the girl had asked him to leave, or rather, told him that he was being loud, but he was far too excited at the prospect of a new friend to even let it bother him in anyway. Friends were better then any worries and maybe if he could get this girl to like him, he would have a friend in every house! It would be awesome! Though he had kind of ruined it by having two friends in Hufflepuff, but he didn't mind, it was certainly no big deal, not really.

At Jakobe's enquiry as to what the Slytherin was studying, Esme waved her arm through the air in a dramatic sweep. "Oh, you know, like, everything. Except Flying. Merlin, I hate that squat, old wannabe professor." she hissed through gritted teeth. Repulsive man. She hadn't liked him from the moment she laid eyes on him, and him deducting points from her only gave her a reason to hate him. That trip totally could have passed for an accident. It was a bit of a shame, Esme enjoyed the outdoors and thought she'd excel at flying, but Professor Wolf had absolutely ruined it for her with his very existence.

Esme perked up at the mention of History. When she'd first started at Hogwarts, the subject had sounded absolutely boring, yet proved to be what she enjoyed the most. "Oh, History! It's the best!" she said enthusiastically. Quickly, the witch rummaged through her bag for her textbook and took a seat on one of the more comfortable looking couches, flicking it open to a random page. "Did you pay attention to the Salem Witch Trials? I was born in Salem, but I had no idea that the Muggles were so barbaric. They actually just killed off one another over crazy reasons. Who does that?" she scoffed, shaking her head in pity. The girl had poor opinions of the lesser race pre-Hogwarts and the subject thus far had only lowered them further. There wasn't a scrap of positive history surrounding Muggles. Esme supposed her parents had nothing to worry about when it came to their fears of her mixing with them. The one Muggle-born girl the Slytherin had met so far wasn't so bad, but she argued that it was because of the magic in her that prevented her from being so stupid. "Anyway," she continued, "Everything else I'm kind okay at, except like maybe Astronomy, but seriously, who pays attention to that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back