Strolling through Brightstone

Alastar Fitzgerald

Alastar was becoming a bit dizzy now from all the shopping. He let his parents go away ages ago, all they could do was say "oooh and aaah!" at everything. Numbing, truly numbing! at least they hadn't brought his brothers with them! That had been something at least.
He strolled about with his hands tucked deep into his pockets. It was getting a lot cooler lately. Or maybe that was just here in NZ.
He stopped to look in the window of one of the shops.

[color=660000]Eventhough Jolly had been here a few times, Brighstone Village was a wonderful place. Leaving her parents to themselves, she went roaming the village alone, peeking into the familiar shops and waving at random people, some of which she didn't even know. But it was fun to see their expressions. Eventually, exhausted, she stopped at the jewelery shop window and stared in inside. There was a boy standing beside, whom she ignored. She did not know and she was tired enough to not bother saying hi. Jolly just wanted to sit down.[/color]

Alastar turned from the window, they had some nice pieces that would have been great to get for his mothers birthday but money was tight.
As he turned he saw a girl standing there, about his own age. He scatched his head and figured he'd say hello!

"Hiya!" Alastar smiled, he really didn't like this introducing himself business but thought he had better get used to it!

[color=660000]Tearing her eyes away from a particular pretty piece of jewelry, Jolly looked up when the boy beside her greeted her. "Hola," grinned Jolly. He looked about her own age. "I am Jo and what's your name?"[/color]

"Hi Jo pleased to meet you. I'm Alastar but people call me Al" he held out his hand not sure if that's what kids around her did or not.

[color=660000]"Al? How about I call you Star?" joked Jolly and added, "Just kidding. So, are you a Hogwarts student too?" Jolly asked Alastar, noticing that he was alone. Perhaps his parents were roaming around as well. Maybe he could keep her company.[/color]

"Yeah, first year are you?" he asked her looking up and down the street the way she had, wondering if she was looking for someone.

[color=660000]"Yeah, I am going to be a first year. It'll be interesting, won't it?" Jolly asked the boy eagerly. "Which house do you think you'll be sorted into, Al? I myself am not sure which house suits me better. Weird, but true."[/color]

[ooc; i figured they met before school started so play along, will you? :) ]

[[fine with me Jo]]

"I want to be in the smartest house. I don't know which one that is but that's the one for me!" he told her matter of factly.
"Are you hanging about here for a reason or do you want to stroll about?" he asked, he couldnt' believe he had even tried asking he wasn't usually this brave.

[color=660000]"So, you are a geek," joked Jolly. "I am sorry, I am kidding. I guess you must be really smart then," she said with a smile. "I think all the clever people go in Ravenclaw. That's what my mum told me." She considered Al's question for a while and said, "Sure, let's roam around a little. My mum and dad are somewhere else, doing their own buying."[/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back