Still Finding My Way Around

Ashton Gordon IV

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Hogwarts New Zealand. So much the same yet so very different at the same time from Hogwarts Scotland. For the most part the layout of the school was pretty similar to the way his old school had been, but upon leaving the library Ashton decided that he'd take a little time to wander around the castle. He hadn't made any friends as of yet, which was bound to make for a pretty miserable year. Ashton was fuming mad with his parents for making him move to New Zealand to live with his aunt and uncle so that they could travel the world. A decision which had ultimately booted him from the place that he'd called home for the last four years and right into a place where he knew not a soul.

Kat and Lily were walking to the library chattering away as they always did. "So how was your summer? Did you spend it with Blake?" Kat asked her friend curiously. She was so happy that Lily and Blake were still together as they were absolutely adorable, though the little green monster bit her every time she thought about how successful their relationship had been after Blake's return. Not paying attention to where she was walking, Kat slammed into something...or rather someone. "Oh holy crow! I'm sorry!" she said slightly flustered to the person she had just run into. It was someone she had never seen before, but definitely someone much too old to be a first year. She looked at Lily, her face flushed slightly.

Lily was walking with Kat down the hallway, giggling and chatting away. "Actually I went with Estrella to her grandfather's castle, and then we visited some of her family in the States. Blake was supposed to meet up with us, but things just did not work out. But I did meet her father and grandfather. They are HUGE!" As she was speaking, suddenly Kat slammed into a boy she had not met yet. She had seen him in class, but no where else. "Are you alright? You must be new around here cause I have not seen you before. I'm Lily," she said with a smile at the boy,

Ashton was pulled from his sulking when someone ran smack into him. He smirked at the girl who was apologizing to him and merely said, "Not a problem. Might want to pay a bit more attention to where you're walking though." He then said to the girl who was with the klutzy one and said, "No harm done. I am new here. Transferred in from Hogwarts Scotland. The name's Ashton, fifth year Slytherin and it's nice to meet you Lily." He turned back to the red faced girl and asked, "And you are?" These were the first two people that Ashton had actually conversed with since he'd started school and even he had to admit the that small talk was better than the silence he'd endured over the last week.

Kat rolled her eyes slightly at the boys comment about her needing to watch where she was going from now on. Well maybe if you weren't standing in the middle of the bloody corridor...Ugh, be nice Kat, he's new and a Slytherin at that. Should just expect the attitude she thought with a smirk on her face. When the boy called Ashton asked for her name she smiled slightly, still a bit flustered and said politely, "I'm Kat. It's nice to meet you Ashton. How have you been settling in to the new school?"

Lily eyed up the new boy cautiously. Some of the Slytherin boys tried to be bigger than they were. "Nice. My boyfriend is a Slytherin Prefect. I'm a 5th year Ravenclaw and Prefect for my house as well." She wondered how often she was going to be seeing this guy. "So, what electives are you going to be taking?" she asked.

"Prefect? That's impressive I must admit." Ashton said to Lily. As to her second question he replied with, "Well in Scotland I was taking Muggle Studies and Arithmancy so I assume I'll be continuing with those here as well." He looked at Kat and said, "Settling in alright I suppose. As well as can be expected I guess. And are you too a prefect?" Ashton was starting to loosen up a bit and was wondering if maybe he was making a few aquaintances.

"Cool. I guess you will be in a number of my classes then. I have both of those, plus all the core classes," Lily replied. "So do you play quidditch then? Or are you into something else?" She really spent alot of time thinking about quidditch, school and Blake. She realized this now that she was pretty well focused on those three things.

"Actually yeah I am a prefect." Kat said proudly, but realized that may have come off a bit snotty sounding. She waited to see what his response was to the quidditch question that Lily had just thrown his way. It would be nice to have some more players on the other teams so that they could have a chance of actual games. Kat just stood there in silence while he and Lily talked, observing the boy. He's not bad looking she thought, but then snapped back to some sense of reality thinking WHOAH! Do you not have a bad enough history with boys? Especially Slytherins and boys from other schools? Snap out of it Kat...NOW!

"I do play quidditch. Well, I used to at least. I still haven't decided if I'm going to try out for the house team here or not." Ashton said with a hint of uncertainty in his tone and then said, "Well it will be nice to have someone that I know in my classes then. I haven't a clue who anyone in my classes are right now." He noticed out of the corner of his eye that Kat was staring at him, but couldn't for the life of him figure out why. Ashton wiped over his face with his hand non-chalantly wondering if maybe he had something on it and that was the reason for her awkward gawking. He looked at her and smiled slyly and then looked back to Lily and asked them both, "Do either of you play quidditch?"

Blake skipped the last two steps of the staircase that led up to the fourth floor corridor. As he sauntered forward, just about to ascend the next staircase he caught a glimpse the familiar short brown hair and doubled back. "Lily?"
Approaching his girlfriend who was in the middle of a conversation with Kat and another unfamiliar boy who was dressed in Slytherin robes. "How peculiar. You don't look like a first year, and I don't recall bumping into you at all. You a transfer?"

Lily soon heard a voice that she would recognize anywhere. "Blake!" she said, turning around with a smile on her face. Soon as he approached, she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and then introduced him to Ashton. "Blake, this is Ashton Gordon. He is a transfer from Scotland and a fifth year. He will be in a few of my classes now. We just ran into him. Literally, right Kat?" she added that last bit with a nudge to her friend and a smirk on her face. "Oh, and to answer your question, we all play quidditch. Blake and I are captains of our house teams and Kat is on the Gryffindor team. What position do you play?" Lily asked out of curiosity, but also to size up her competition if Blake recruited him for the Slytherin team.

Kat was just about to answer Ashton when Blake walked up to join the small grouping. When Lily nudged her and made the joke about running into the new boy Kat's face flushed and she glared at her friend, but couldn't help but crack a small grin. "Well you know how naturally graceful I am!" she said to Blake sarcastically.

"Welcome to New Zealand, Ashton. And you're a quidditch player? There are some spots open, you should try out when trials begin," Blake said politely.
Laughing at Kat's reply, Blake added with a chuckled, "Of course! I'm sure it was by accident that you just happened to walk into Ashton."

Ashton looked over the new arrival, another Slytherin guy. Before he could introduce himself, Lily was quick to make the introductions. "Nice to meet you Blake. I play beater and sometimes I filled in at chaser. I think I might try out. Not sure if I want to play this year with OWLs looming."

He took in the easy give and take between the three, and could tell a few things. Lily was dating Blake, an interesting pairing between houses. In Scotland, Ravenclaws hardly ever spoke to Slytherins, let alone dated them. And he could tell that Katalina and the couple were close friends. "Well, in her defense, I was kind of standing in the middle of the hallway. I was checking the place out since I will be here for the next few years."

"Of course it was a complete accident." Kat said laughing at Blake's comment and then added, "And I was sort of not paying attention to where I was walking. How about from now on I pay more attention and you don't stand around lurking in the corridors?" She was joking with the new boy of course and he didn't seem so bad after all. "So where were you heading to before the collision?" she asked jokingly.

Arianna walked up the final flight of steps, and entered the fourth floor
I can't believe I made here without getting lost once!
She could see a bunch of students standing in the corridor and went to join them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back