Hazel Kaster

part time owlet trainer; mother; sam's wife
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Pixie Hair
Hazel was more than alittle nervous. Since the holidays she had been sensing that she and Samual were close, but he acted around her the same way as he normally did, which was no different to any of his other friends, who all, coincidentally, were girls. This was making her more than alittle nervous and she definitely didn't trust Star Moon as far as she could throw her, probably even less than that. Sammy was far to attached to her for Hazel's liking and it wouldn't have surprised her one bit if that Star girl tried to move in on him. That was why Hazel was so clingy. Atleast while she was with Sam. She also hoped that he didn't hate her for it. Though he wasn't exactly like she would expect a normal boy to be. He was too childish for that. True he was kind and gentle, but he was like that too everyone, even people he didn't like. But there were few people he didn't like. Hazel was sure she could count the amount on one hand. It was good to see that nothing really phased him and that he wasn't too traumatised from all the Annalie buisness, but still. It was totally weird how excited he got about the simplest of things. Currently Hazel was waiting for Samual to finish class and meet her in the Library. He had promised to meet her there and he never lied. The only problems arise when he runs into a friend and starts to talk. That is when he usually forgets to meet her and she would be waiting forever, but he would always eventually get to their meetings. Even if it was hours later. She really was rather pathetic to wait for him though, but he always apologised. She had made him a present for this meeting and she wanted to give it to him as soon as possible. She had spent hours designing it and she really wanted him to like it.

He was late again though and Nadia had to wonder who he had run into this time. If it was Star, she would be here until atleast dinner, if it was someone else, she would only be waiting for alittle while longer. Star just seemed to take up so much of his time. It was like she was a black hole, just eating up time and making it seem like it was going so slow. He'd think he was with her for a few minutes when really it was for a couple of hours. Those were the days she hated the most.

Samual Kaster was walking blissfully through the halls. He knew that he had to do something, but it slipped his mind when he got into a conversation with Star a moment ago. She seemed like she was doing well, which enabled him to stay in a good mood. The fact that he was obviously forgetting something was annoying him though. He often forgot things if he got excited, and talking to Star often got him excited, she was a friend after all. On his way out of the castle to get some fresh air, Samual stopped dead in his tracks. "Oh goodness!" He exclaimed, cupping his mouth when he realised that people were looking at him. He quickly ran back inside, he remembered what he had to do now, he was supposed to see Hazel! but where? He stopped again and tried to remember. The library! He began running again. How could he forget something like that? This had to be the millionth time, everything he'd plan to see Hazel, he'd get distracted, it was horrible, she probably thought that he didn't want to be her friend, she probably thought that he secretly hated her. That'd be horrible! When he reached the Fourth Floor Corridor, he stopped running and began walking, but still breathing heavily.

He was lucky that Star had to do go do something important, otherwise he feared that he might never have remembered, thus leaving poor Hazel in the library forever. Oh he would have felt so guilty! He looked in the library nervously. Was she still here? He then saw her and a bright smile grew on his face. Thank Merlin! Sammy quickly walked over to her, an apologetic smile on his face. "I'm so so so sorry!" He sat down beside her and dropped his shoulder bag to the ground. "I completely lost track of time, you see I was talking with a friend and then just completely forgot everything, so then I went to take a walk outside to try and clear my head and then I remembered and I came here as quickly as I could." He sighed and put his head on the table. "I'm so tired!" After another sigh, Sammy picked his head up off of the table and smiled. "So, how have you been? I hope you weren't waiting too long, I truly am sorry. Next time we meet, you can keep me waiting for a million years if you want."
OOCOut of Character:
Sam rambles. :r

OOCOut of Character:
Yes. I had noticed that. Thanks xD
A long time had passed since Hazel had first gotten to the library. Her enthusiasm had died down considerably and she was beginning to believe that Samual was not going to make it here before she had to leave. It was rather unfortunate too as she had wanted to spend as much time with him as would have been acceptable in his eyes. As it stood however, he was more interested in being away from her than with her. Hazel sighed. She couldn't say without a doubt that this behaviour did not irriate her, but she cared to much for the silly brunette for her to ever voice her concerns. In so doing, she often suffered in silence. Justin and Daniel had told her many times that she was being irrational and that Samual was not the person she wanted him to be, but she just could not bring herself to detach from him. As bad as he was, he had many redeeming qualities. Such as his excessive apologising, which she would hear for days after. The way he was able to make her feel happy just by talking to her, even though she made herself feel pathetic for it. Either way, she knew that she was not going to leave the comfort of the library for awhile longer. He always remembered eventually, she was just going to have to be more patient. Besides, she really wanted to be able to give him the present she had worked so hard on and she knew he was going to love it, because he always did. She was sure she could give him air and he would be ecstatic. The thought of his huge grin made Hazel smile. Even though he was a goofball, she couldn't help herself but to look forward to seeing him whenever she could.

After a few more minutes of contemplation, Hazel saw Samual enter the library and make his way towards her. He immediately began to apologise and she couldn't help but to smile. Although the mention of his so called friend brought a frown to her face. She had the rather annoying feeling that she did not want to know who it was he was talking to, regardless for how happy he might be to talk about them. She sighed, she just knew it was that Star girl. He was close with that whole damn family and for some reason that really annoyed her. She shook her head to clear her thoughts away and looked up at him. She gestured to another chair and smiled. "I was waiting for a while, but its fine, I needed the rest anyway." She told him, masking her slight annoyance at his naivete. She sometimes wondered what was going on in that head of his. "I've been fine, alittle tired befcause of exams and work of course, but mostly just overworked I think." She added, riffling through her bag to retrieve the present. "I made you something, do you want it?" She asked, holding it behind her back, so it was out of his eyesight.

Samual was ever so grateful that Hazel didn't hate him. He wasn't sure he could live with himself if she hated him. hazel was so nice and so smart, she was really understanding too. If someone like that hated him, well then he must be pretty horrible. Since she was smiling, it comforted Samual. Sad people didn't smile, neither did angry people. Unfortunately, he quickly registered a little change in her smile. Was she upset with him? He sighed inwardly when he learned that she had been waiting for a while. It must have been irritating for her. It was most certainly not fair. He needed to start writing things down and not forgetting about things. He had been having such a interesting day, though, so a little bit of everything slipped his mind. he even nearly forgot to do some homework, that was always something that shouldn't be done. She didn't appear to be too upset with him, so that made him feel a little better about the entire situation. He lent on his palm and smiled brightly. It was nice to know that she didn't hate him.

Sammy nodded quickly. "I agree, I've been trying to work on non-verbal stuff, it's really difficult. I sometimes feel like my head's going to explode. Luckily, I'm doing it in Transfiguration and we're going to start it in DADA, so I might get it eventually." He hoped he did. Samual liked non-verbal magic even more than wandless. It just seemed like a better way of casting spells. Of course, he could not actually perform wandless magic, but he knew people that could. Samual feared that he was probably a little too attached to his wand to use magic without it, he'd feel strange. When Hazel mentioned that she made him something, Samual's jaw dropped. A present? That was so sweet! But he didn't have a present for her... she should have told him that they were going to exchange gifts! He was taken by surprise. "I didn't know that, you should have told me. I would have made you something!" He then slammed his hands on the table when an idea came to him. "Okay, I have an idea. So I've been learning how to conjure stuff, right now I can only conjure a flower, or a bird. So I think I'll conjure you a flower. do you like tulips?" he then remembered that she'd actually asked a question and shook his head, but then quickly nodded. "Yes, I want it! What is it? No wait! Don't tell me!" He then shook his head agian. "Actually yes, tell me, tell me!"

Hazel was increasingly more nervous as she played with the present she had made for Sammy. He seemed to be hung up on the idea that he had to get her something for a present aswell. She would like that. Not that it really was the big of a deal for him, he gave presents to everyone she was sure. Star probably had a bunch of his stuff and she was sure that Kate still had those jackets. Maybe she would give them back to him before she graduated? Hazel shook her head and sighed. She really shouldn't be worrying so much about it. She shook the thought out of her head as she watched him and listened as he continued to talk. It seemed that he could not make up his mind at what he wanted to do. He was actually looking kind of "cute..." Hazel stopped suddenly and bit her lip as she realised that she had spoken out loud, but hopefully he didn't notice, how absolutely mortifying if he had heard her. She was shy enough as it was without having to worry about whether or not she was going to have to avoid him because of this. She took a few breaths to calm herself as Sammy came to he decision that he did infact want his present. That was good, she didn't know what she was going to do with it if he didn't want it. It was kind of special, and custom made, she wasn't going to just give it away. She wasn't that sort of person.

Hazel bowed her head slightly and offered up the decorated box that she was hiding. Inside was a bunch of specially made stickers it had taken her atleast a month to complete. Her Charm work must have definitely improved over this. There was no way, that she was not going to atleast do slightly better in her exams then from last year. Atleast that was what she was hoping anyway. "I made these for you. I hope you like them." She told him as she watched his face to see what sort of reaction he would give. She really hoped he liked her stickers. There were all these different ones to match his moods and things he liked and one that represented the first time they had met, in Defence Against the Dark Arts. They had partnered up and he had shot her, afterwards he had bought her a cake to apologise. She had been upset, but the cake had made her feel a lot better. She wondered if he would know what that sticker was. Is was a picture of a wand and a cupcake together. It was her favourite sticker by far.

Samual was so excited for his present. What had he done to deserve this? It wasn't his birthday, and he hadn't done anything particularly special. He felt like he didn't deserve this sort of treatment. Then again, Hazel did always seem like a sweet, quiet person. Maybe she liked to give gifts to her friends? This made him smile. What a lovely trait to have! Sammy himself loved to give presents and hugs and cheers and other such things, but it was rarely all-of-a-sudden. People usually expected him to do stuff like that. When Hazel spoke quietly, Sammy tilted his head. She seemed heavily embarrassed. What was it she said? Cute? Samual chewed on his lip in thought and looked around the room. He really liked people that spoke their mind, because it meant that everyone knew where they stood. Lies were such horrible things. What confused him was that he wasn't sure what Hazel found cute. Was it the table? It was a little table, and Sammy could see someone considering it cute. Or maybe she liked his jacket? It was one of his favourites. He only had two lemon yellow jackets to wear, and Kate had the other. But he wouldn't quite refer to his jacket as cute. maybe fantabulous or snazzy, but not cute. Maybe if he stitched a heart onto it it'd be pretty cute. Eventually, Samual decided that maybe she was talking about the present? This made his heart speed up. He really, really wanted to present now! Sam loved adorable, cute things! What if it was fluffy?! It would be just like his rune bag! Maybe it was a new rune bag? Would Hazel think up sure a lovely, wonderful, thoughtful gift as a rune bag? Sammy loved his current rune bag, but if someone gifted him a rune bag, he'd use their's instead.

Samual 'oooed' quietly when Hazel revealed a box. it was such a pretty little thing. Was it a jewelry box?! He had been looking for one of those to stick his necklaces and earring into. He kept on leaving his things around the common room and one day he was sure he'd loose something. Fortunately, he could just Accio it, but he'd love the security of knowing that it was in a custom made box gifted to him by a friend. Sammy held the box gently and opened it. Inside were loads of stickers, with designs he had never seen stickers come in before. It was like it was tailored to him. He smiled brightly. This was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for him. This was so nice, Hazel was so nice! He looked through the stickers, and found one that he guessed to origin of. There was a wand, and a chocolate cupcake with a little fondant design on top. Samual could only make chocolate cakes and cupcakes, and he loved playing with fondant. At the end of the baking, you could eat it! He looked up at Hazel, his eyes twinkling. She remembered when he shot her with a spell? He had felt so horrible for that. "This is the nicest, sweetest, most fantabulous thing anyone has ever done for me, Hazel!" He ignored the looks they were getting from his loudness. "Of course, I love them!" He began going through more to see if he could recognise any others. He laughed when he found one with a person being eaten by a book. The library in New Zealand when they met up and he was being attacked by his Care of Magical Creatures book. That had been so embarrassing. He put the gift on the table and pulled Hazel into a tight hug. "Thank you so much, you're so nice!" He then released her and gave her a kiss on the cheek, thrice. "Oh gosh, do you want to help me stick them on things?!"

Hazel was glad as she watched Sammy's eyes light up at the sight of her gift. She was happy he liked them. Though she knew that even if he didn't he wouldn't have told her, that was the kind of person he was afterall. Though she could tell just by looking at him that he indeed liked them. The fact that he had heard her say the word cute was still bothering her, though he seemed to have not known what she was talking about. What else in this room would she have called, cute, really? Yet he had been looking at tables and jackets, he was a bit of a dill, that was for sure. She smiled when he looked at her favourite sticker. It was obvious that he recognised it. She was glad, she had put alot of work into the one sticker alone. It had been hard to try to remember exactly what the cake had looked like. She wasn't sure she had gotten it exactly, but it was obviously enough for him, which was good enough for her. He went digging through it again and she stared at the next one he pulled out and shook her head as she recognised it as the one from the library, where he had almost been eaten by his Care of Magical Creatures book and she had to sit on it for him. It was also precious to her, because that was around the time that she had first started to like him. Who would have known you could meet your first crush in a muggle library in New Zealand in the middle of the muggle school year. She laughed slightly at the memory of the librarian who kept asking if they were supposed to be there. Of course.

Just then, Sammy pulled Hazel into a hug. She stiffened in his embrace but eventually relaxed. He felt so warm and he smelled nice too. It seemed that he really, really liked them. That was good, she was glad. He let her go and moved toward her. What the heck was he doing? He proceeded to swiftly kiss her on the cheek three times. Hazel mouth fell open and her hand moved immediately to her cheek. He kissed her? Hazel's cheeks were burning red and she felt like she was going to collapse under the shock. "Whaa...?" Why did he do that? She was freaking out and looking around frantically for somewhere she could hide. She couldn't let him see her face. She just couldn't. She bit her lip and resigned herself to the fact that there was only one escape from here. She had to run. Run as fast as she could and not look back. She would avoid him until the end of the year if that was what she had to do. She turned on her heel and quickly headed for the door. She didn't hear Sammy's question. Her hand still on her cheek, she ran as fast as she could to her commonroom to hide. She was filled with so many emotions. But mostly, all she wanted to do was cry. Immediately upon entering the dorm several heads turned her way as tears streamed down her face. She ignored them and headed directly to her dorm room. Why did he have to make things so difficult? Why? I love you Sammy...

Hazel seemed to remain silent for quite a long time as Samual began looking through the stickers more carefully. Maybe she didn't hear him. "Hazel? Did you hear me?" Samual looked up when there was no reply once again. He knew that Hazel was a little shocked by his sudden affectionate turn, but it wasn't that surprising, was it? Surely she couldn't be totally speechless? He frowned slightly when he realised that Hazel was no longer in her spot. Where had she gone? He looked under the desk curiously, but she wasn't there. Was she sick? Did she have something important to rush off to? Why didn't she say goodbye? Surely she could have taken a moment to say a quick goodbye and leave. Sammy didn't even get to conjure her a tulip. "Hazel?" He stood up and packed up the stickers. Where had she run off to? She didn't appear to be in the library, and the Gryffindor couldn't exactly yell out, the library would be furious. With a small frown, Samual left the library also and returned to Gryffindor Tower to put these in a safe place. He would have to find her later and ask her what happened.

</SIZE>
<SIZE size="50">-finished-
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back