Steph+Amarante

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Steph walked down to The Lake, she always came here when she needed to think.
She sat down, looking out into the deep waters of the Lake, the lake she skated on in the winter with James, the lake she and James sat looking out into the distance at 4 in the morning. Sighing she closed her eyes, hoping someone would come and distract her from the memories.

Amarante walked down to the lake wearing a kimono, not bothering to wear the normal muggle clothes or her Uniform yet, she was comfortable in it, though that was a bit of a stretch as she wasn't comfortable in her skin. She was a short, square, awkward Asian girl in a European school. Amarante knew English, not well but she could speak it, she could speak French better. She could speak almost any Asian language and a fair few of the Chinese dialects. Taiwanese was her main one though.

Amarante sighed softly as she moved her black hair out of her face, the wind had just picked up and it made her scar on her cheek visible, not only that, the large, airy sleeves of her kimono blew making her small green dragon tattoo visible. These were the two main things she hid, that and her piercing blue eyes.

As Amarante walked she spotted a girl sitting on the water front, with nothing better to do. Amarante walked over to her and she bowed her head politely as she said, "May I join you?" Amarante gave her a smile of wax when the wind died down and her scar and tattoo was hidden once more.

Steph looked up, 'Yeah sure you can,' She said a little flatly. She cleared her throat, 'Im Steph,'

Amarante nodded her head then took a seat beside the girl carefully then slid her arms into the opposite sleeve of her kimono as she said, "It's a pleasure Steph, I'm Amarante Ming." Once more did Amarante say her first name slowly so Steph could pronounce it properly, she knew that a lot of people here would have trouble pronouncing her name, the Professor at sorting did already. It wasn't even that complicated. "What year might you be in Steph?" Amarante asked once more giving the girl a meaningless smile.

'Nice to meet you,' Steph said, 'Second year, what about you?' She asked Amarante, Steph hadnt seen her around Hogwarts before, but then again, Steph hadnt had the best year, and she had been taken out of school twice already, so she wouldnt be surprised if she had missed out half of Hogwarts.

Amarante nodded her head once then she looked over the lake and said, sarcasm dripping from each word but her smile did not falter, "I'm one of the lucky first year." Amarante glanced back at the girl and she saw that this girl looked a little bit like her mother when she was younger, she had seen pictures, actually they were almost exact replicas. Amarante furrowed her brow cautiously and asked still trying to hold up any sort of conversation with her possible relative, "Where are you from?"

Steph smiled awkwadly, 'First years not so bad i guess,' She said quietly, staring out at the lake.

'Oh erm, im not exactly sure, my mom, her parents died, she lived in a orphanage all her life, and dad, ran away from home when he was twelve, got adopted,' Steph sighed, 'He never mentions his parents, or where he was born. Why do you ask?'

Amarante nodded her head and said, "You look exactly like my Mother did when she was your age." Amarante glanced back at Steph and said, "It's curious." Amarante began to pick up single blades of grass, feeling the earth in her soft fingers and she dropped each one into the oddly calm water.

Steph knew she shouldnt be so nosy, but she couldnt help herself, something felt different, she felt like there was something about Amarante she should know, 'Whats her name? Your mother i mean,' Steph asked.

Amarante had to think about her answer for a moment when she finally said, "Aadi Rivear." Amarante's words sounded uncomfortable with the French name but that was it.

'Y'no im gonna write to my mother, i have a strange feeling about this,' Steph said, when she had said she was gonna write to her mother, her stomach twisted, it took a moment to realize why, she hadnt spoke to her mother for over 10 months, 'Oh wait, i cant.' She whispered, deep in thought.

Amarante nodded her head softly as she thought to herself about her mother, she was an interesting woman, she would never share a detail of her life in Europe, freely, and Tasanee and Amarante weren't allowed to speak to an adult unless spoken to directly, it was quite the conundrum. "I would write my parents but we have strict rules against doubting elders in Asia." Amarante said lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back