Starving.....

Noah Lewis

Noah was wondering the corridors of the school. It was odd at how they were so similar. It was strange aat how at home he felt. He knew exactly where to go as if the Hogwarts at home was just copied and brought to New Zealand.

The halls here though were much more crowded. At home it was a surprise to bump into someone in the hall. Here you basically dodged people to prevent knocking them over or worse you getting knocked over. Now Noah wasn't a huge built guy. His father actually called him scrawny. Noah was just skinny. He stood at a rather average 5 foot 7 and a very small built. It could happen that some person could just knock him over in the hall. Not that anything but his pride would be injuried. Yet at the moment his pride was all he had.

Noah continued to walk down the hall dodging random people almost making a game of it when he came to the entrance of the kitchens. Without even knowing it before this moment, he was starving. He decided that it couldn't hurt to go in and make something quick to eat or even better have the house elves make it.

Noah walked in and began looking through the shelves. He was bound to find something good and easy to cook soon. Right?

Katalina decided to sneak a little snack in between classes and going to the SDA room to plan a few things. She didn't have time to grab a full meal, but maybe a sandwich or something would tie her over until dinner tonight. Kat snuck into the kitchen, hoping desperately not to get caught. No sooner had she entered then she saw a boy, probably a little older than she was, who seemed to have had the same idea she had. "Urm, can I help you find something?" Kat asked him in an almost whisper.

Noah was busy looking in a certain shelf where he had found a small colection of junk food. He was browsing through a few types of cookies when he heard a voice from behind him. At first he dreaded that it was a Professor crap caught Noah thought but as he turned around a cookie still in his hand he saw a girl younger than he was.

"Oh Hey" Noah said a little more calm now. "No I think I can find something" He said taking a bite of the cookie "Just a little bit well starving" Noah added with a smile "I take it that is why you are in the kitchen as well" He said "I'm Noah by the way" He added not remembering ever meeting this girl before.

"Yeah, thought I'd grab a small snack in between classes. Though I don't guess I'm setting a very good example as a prefect, seeing as how students aren't exactly supposed to be in here." Kat replied sheepishly. She'd never seen this boy before and figured that he was from one of the opposing schools. "And I'm Kat, urm, well...Katalina, but everyone calls me Kat. Nice to meet you Noah! So, Durmstrung or Hogwarts Scotland?" she added curiously.

"Oh you're a prefect" Noah said "Then shame on you. You should be setting a better example for the other students" He said teasing her though. His voice was obviously a joking tone.

"But anyway it's nice to meet you Kat" Noah said smiling slightly. "I'm from Hogwarts Scottland though" Noah said "And don't worry about the prefect thing. I am a prefect as well and I still go to the kitchens to swipe some food" He smiled as he took another small bite of the cookie.

Ancilla was double, and triple checking the menus for the Halloween feast, when she noticed two students in the kitchens. She scurried over to them, and bowed her head. "What are you doing here?" She asked, in her squeaky little voice.

"Yes, I'm s terrible example!" Kat said laughing. "Oh well, a little rule breaking never hurt anyone! Keeps me fed at least!" she added before she heard a little squeak of a voice. She looked to see a house-elf standing before them. They truly were sad looking creatures and she'd always had a soft spot in her heart for them. "Urm, well, we were I guess a little hungry and we, umm, well decided to get a snack." stammered Kat as she tried to think of what to say to the little creature. Why am I trying to reason out my actions to a house-elf? she thought to herself with a dumbfounded look.

Whamy had been bringing all different kinds of things into the kitchen when he spotted two young students talking among each other. After having put what he had in his hands down, Whammy made his way over to them. "Why are the young masters here? Is there something...yo...you needed?" Whammy asked nervously.

Ancilla did not change her facial expression, though even if she did, it still would probably look the same, depressed expression she was born with.

She turned her attention temporarily to one of the other elves, and said, "They're hungry." She then turned back to the students, and said, "Very busy, lots of cooking!" Ancilla didn't have much of a vocabulary, her old masters being cruel to her, disallowing her to speak at all, so she never learned the English language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back