Staring at the sky

Jack Truffould

Wand
4 1/2" Rosewood wand Essence of Pixie Dust and Feather from the tail of a Male Pheonix
Jack made his way out of the castle and down to the Lakefront. He had only been there a few times since starting at Hogwarts New Zealand, but it was already one of his favorite places. He loved the water, the way it over-lapped the rocks, the way everything reflected off of it and the way it always looked so peaceful and made him want to just jump into it. Arriving there, he peered around himself. There were only a few other people there, and they were all huddled together under a large tree. Jack suddenly felt a little lonely. He had been at the school a good few weeks so far, and hadn't made many friends. Time to start, he told himself. If he didn't start getting to know people soon he'd end up with no friends. A lot of people already had there own little groups, and he didn't want to end up completely alone. Sighing slightly, he lay back on the grass, staring up at the blue sky. The sun was high and bright, surrounded by a few shapeless clouds. Twirling a finger around a few blades of grass, he pulled them out of the ground and began to tear them up absent-mindedly. Wondering if it was right for boys to worry about making friends.

Sophia walked along the Lakefront, it was quite chilly in her outfit. She honestly was a little lonely, she didn't have any friends, and it was starting to get to her. Perhaps I should be friendlier to those detestful Gryffindors, she mused, although not honestly wanting to. She hated them oh so much. As she walked she thought about a book that she had once read, and smiled to herself. All of the characters were so perfect, and she honestly wished that she was in that novel, but she couldn't tell anyone because she hide her studiousness most of the time so people didn't think that she wasn't worthy of Slytherin.

As the Slytherin passed a tree she saw a boy, and smiled at him, her green eyes bright with friendliness, she was determined to make some friends. She walked over to him and said, "Hello." She straightened her mustard yellow dress and asked, "May I join you?"

As Jack heard movement near him, he sat up straight and noticed a girl at his side. She looked about his age. "Hey" he returned her smile warmly. "Sure, take a seat" he added.
"I'm Jack" he told the girl, dropping the grass in his hand and holding it out for her to shake.

Sophia took a seat beside the boy and as he introduced himself as Jack and smiled and put her hand out in return and said, "Nice to meet you Jack, I'm Sophia." Determined to make friends, she didn't ask his house, but asked, "Are you in your first year as well?" If he wasn't she hoped that he wouldn't get offended, because she wouldn't feel all that badly about it, she would just be a little phased.

Jack smiled as the girl who then introduced herself as Sophia took a seat beside him and held her hand out, which Jack then shook. "Yes, I'm first year" he answered her, his blue eyes sparkling, glad he had met someone in his year who would hopefully become a friend! "So, have you been enjoying yourself here so far?" he asked.

The brunette smiled whole heartedly as Jack said that he was a first year, she was pleased that she might have a friend in her own year. "Of course I have," she giggled with a bright smile. "What about you, Jack?" she said, enjoying his name. It was so simple, not at all like a lot of people she had met. Lately everyone eemed to have original names, which were not all that original any longer. She was glad that she had a relatively normal first name as well.

A thought hit Sophia, she knew why she was all alone today, but why Jack was she wasn't certain. "Met many friends?" she asked, hoping that if he hadnt' he wouldn't be mad with her for asking that question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back