Spread My Wings

Caina Dante

Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Caina was pretty much not sure about anything in her life at the moment. She was growing older and changing more than she realized. Over the summer she had grown taller than she had expected to grow now hovering over her own mother by an inch. Not that Caina was extremely tall. This Slytherin only stood at a basic five foot five. Yet for her short family that was saying a lot. Her hair was now blonde. Yes she had finally taken that step and dyed her brown hair only just the other day actually. This Slytherin hadn't seen anyone since the new hair job other than in classes and so far hadn't had any compliments or rude comments. Her most important thought was wondering whether Andrew would like it or not. He was her best mate and did seem to have a lot of say. Not that she was dying it back. Caina loved her new hair as well as her new blue tinted contacts. Really she looked completely different except for the face stucture.

Walking through the castle she wore an outfit consisting of an appropriate lengthed green shirt and a white shirt that was short sleeved yet almost looked like a turtle neck. Her hair was slightly messy and fluffed up. Not the normal attire for Caina ,but it was a nice change.

Her bright red heels clicked as she walked up the stairs to the North Tower. It seemed ages since she had last been up there. Since this Slytherin couldn't find a reason as to why the tower trip would be a bad idea, she decided that it would be a nice way to spend the afternoon. Finally Caina made it to the top, in which her first reaction was to go over to the window and see the view. Not many people were outside like there usually was and there was no one in the tower with her. Maybe everyone else was doing homework, but that thought of actually doing her own didn't come to mind. She had time to do that later, as of now she wanted nothing but some down time.

Andrew was coming down from the Astronomy tower after submitting his homework. It had been a long tough day for him and he wished he'd bump into someone and chat for hours till sleep drifted him away to his world of imagination. As he walked into the North Tower, he realised that there was someone here, he didnt need to use the spell Homenum Revelio as he could see well that it was a girl.

As he walked a bit nearer and got the glimpse of her face, his heavy text book slipped from his hand as he realised who the blonde girl was. Not bothering to pick it up with his hands, he summoned it with a wave of his wand as he gaped at the girl. He had no speech, it seemed sound had disappeared from his mouth. After a minute of starting at her he smiled as he found his voice and said "Caina?"

He walked towards the girl, very sure that it was his best friend. However, Andrew hadn't seen her for a while and now that he saw her she looked ...well..beautifull..that was the only word to describe her new look. He noticed she had got contacts and her blue eyes suited her more together with her blonde hair. He simply stood there, his text book clutched tightly in his hand because he had fear that if she would speak and her voice would be like a veela, he would be sure that she was not a muggle born and had lied to her and in all this he would once again drop his text book with another heavy 'thud'.

Caina was drifting into her own thoughts, not really thinking about one thing in particular but just about everything. Her elbows were comfortably resting on the window, yet when she heard a thud, her head quickly turned around.

There Caina saw Andrew. "Hey" Caina said a smile on her face as she pushed a strand of her blonde hair away from her face. What is he thinking? she wondered "So what's up?" Caina asked not wanting to create a silence between them. The smile on her face remained but she couldn't help but be slightly nervous as to what he was thinking about her new look. Did he hate it? Caina could only hope not.

Andrew still couldn't get his eyes off Caina. He walked close to her and circeled her and then said "Nothing new is up with me" he said with a smile, as he stopped infront of Caina, his face close to her. "What's up with you?"he asked grinning.

"You look like a model that has stepped out of a magazine or something" he said raising an eyebrow. "No wonder I can't find you these days. I would ofcourse search for a black-brown hair girled while my Caina is blondie" he said with a wink. "What was the root of all this?"he asked her.

She stood rather still as Andrew seemed to circle her. Once he stop, Caina took his smile as a good thing. "Nothing new is ever up with you" Caina said rolling her eyes playfully. "But nothing's really up, been staying in the common room trying to finish assignments I've put off until the last minute" She explained knowing that she was a procrastinator. It was just how Caina always was and will always be.

Though with Andrew's model comment, Caina's cheeks turned slightly pink. Blushing, yes Caina was blushing. Why she wasn't sure, but she was. A model Caina thought still not believing Andrew would say such a thing. It was nice.

My Caina She heard that. Was that possible or on purpose? Mentally shrugging it off, Caina could only smile. "I decided I needed a little change. I'm guessing you like it though" She went on wondering what everyone else thought about it. "I swear I was a little nervous before dying it. I didn't know if I'd make a good blonde" She shrugged. "So what brings you up here?" Caina wondered her gaze flickering out the window for a moment.

"Well you don't need to be nervous at all because your blonde hair suits you" he said with a geuine smile. "Oh I" he said as he tried to remember why he had come here and then as he remembered he spoke"I had come to submit my homework of astronomy" he informed Caina.

"I have recently been trying to charm paint brushes an inspiration from that day at the Cliffs. But so far I have only managed to make them fly and paint but they wouldn't listen to one's mind. If I set them free, they'll end up putting paint on everything in the dorm" he told her the recent news."Well apart from that, there is nothing new except that I have no idea for a halloween costume" he told her with a sigh. "Did you come up with any brilliant ideas for your halloween costume?"he asked her.

Her smile seemed to increase as Andrew said that the blonde hair suited her. This was a good thing. Though Caina listened to when Andrew tried to remember what he was doing up in the tower. "Ahh homework" She said nodding as if she actually did her homework on time. "Well aren't you just a great little student" Caina teased playfully.

Yet when Andrew went on to speak about the charmed paintbrushes that they had talked about at the cliffs. "That is so cool" Caina said a little bit impressed that he was actually working on the invention. "Well I guess that's a great way to paint the dorm room" Caina added thinking about how she would love to let charmed paintbrushes just go wild and have them randomly paint all colours around the dorm. Oh how her roommates would be mad, which made it all the better.

Halloween seemed to jump into the conversation and Caina couldn't help but admit to herself that she had not yet thought about Halloween. "Actually I have no clue what I want to be" Caina added knowing that there were so many choices out there. "I swear half the school must have their costumes picked out. Of course we have to find something to both stand out" Caina went on her mind trying to wrap around a costume for herself and maybe even for Andrew. Not the same costumes of course, maybe matching or not. They would just see.

"I can't wait for the Halloween feast though. Lots of sugar and butterbeer. Perfect" she smiled at the thought of all the candy corn, her favorite muggle candy and of course sugar quill her favorite wizarding candy.

"Yeah, wonders have taken over me this year and it seems that I have been magically spending more and more time on studies. No wonder we don't see each other so often because the new magical curse placed on me drags my feet automatically to the library after a lesson" he said laughing but that was the truth. He seemed to end up in the library more often these days than before.

"The brushes dont paint the walls!" he said laughing now that Caina seemed to think that he had made wall painting brushes. "They would put paint on books, parchments, bedsheets and even your face if you came near them" he said as the memory of Jacob ending up in rainbow paint flashed in his mind.

"How about if we go as prince and princess, I know its common but it would look cool if we go as a pair" he said thoughtfully remembering the halloween two years ago when Blake was dressed as Lily and Lily was dressed as Blake. "Or Maybe we could go as Professor Nick and Professor Cecily?"he suggested with his eyes twinkling. That would look very unique and maybe they could write about it in Hogwarts Monthly, he thought. "Butterbeer is always good" he said smiling. "But before Halloween, we'll get a chance to drink it" he said remembering they had a Brightstone trip to look forward too.

He bent on his knee and let out his hand as if he were proposing Caina and said "Oh, new fashion queen, will you care to join me in this Brightstone trip?"he asked trying hard not to burst into fits of laughter as he did this little act.

Caina smiled as Andrew seemed to blame magic for him spending more time on studies. Really she knew she should spend more time on such things but lately she couldn't get her mind into classes. How she was trying though. "Well maybe I'll actually have to bring myself into that library to see you. If only I could remember where the library is" Caina added the last part completely joking. This fourth year Slytherin knew exactly where the library was even if she didn't care for spending all her time surrounded by old books and young annoying first years.

Though as Andrew said that his magical charmed brushes didn't paint walls she rolled her eyes. "Well then I guess you will have to get right on that. Make them work without attacking innocient people and painting their faces" Caina said smiling as she thought about how when she was little she used to get her face painted all the time. Usually always the same thing, a peace sign. Now that seemed silly for Caina was nothing like a hippy. Back in her early ages of five through seven she was but a little nature child. Pushing her mind back into the conversation she turned her blue eyes up to meet Andrew's.

When Andrew however gave ideas for Caina and himself, she couldn't be more happy that he suggest pair costumes. Wouldn't people think they would together if they did such a thing? Everyone knows we are just friends Caina thought for a second sad by that thought. As fast as that emotion came, it disappeared leaving Caina a little confuses. She of course paused the thought away and continued with the conversation.

"We should totally go as oh gosh what is that one muggle fairy tale" Caina thought twisting a strand of her hair as she thought. "Prince Charming and Cinderella or something like that" Caina finally said thinking that would be more than cute. Plus she could wear a dress. It would be perfect.

A fit of laughter fell over this Slytherin when Andrew got down on one knee. After she got her laughter controled she tried to keep a straight face, but a small smile still remained. "Well since you are asking in such a manner I have no choice but to take you up on your offer" Caina said ending her statement with a small laugh. "Now get up before someone comes up here and thinks you've blown your top" She said shaking her head slightly in amusement. "Once Brightstone opens we can head down and have a few drinks" She added running her hand through her hair.

Andrew laughed as Caina joked about she having forgotten where the library was. "Yeah, I still have to finish the brushes to obey me. Jake is helping too so it won't take much time"he said thoughtfully.

"Cool, Prince Charming and Cindrella" he said with a smile. "Well I can try to find my costume on the Brightstone trip" he said thinking if Mallory would have a prince outfit for him. Then as Caina accepted to go with him, which he knew she would he said with a smile "So, what should we do now?"he said as he got up on his feet. "Wish guys could come into girl's dorm, that way I could see what you would be dressed in" he said with a sigh.

Caina listened as Andrew said that Jake was helping him with his magical paintbrushes. Really Caina had only met Jake a few times both was with Andrew present. He seemed like nice enough person though maybe Caina would have to get to know him better in the future to find out. Maybe she thought dismissing the thought as easily as it came.

When Andrew agreed on their costume choices, a huge smile filled Caina's face. "Great. All eyes will be on us" She said hoping that it didn't lead to something being said. Maybe she wanted something to be said. What are you talking about you and Andrew are just friends The voice in this Slytherin's head said. Caina agreed fully with that statement. Didn't she?

So, what should we do now? Andrew asked. Caina thought about this laughing slightly at his next comment. "I think that rule about the dorms is a good thing. Afterall Girls are so much more responsable" Caina said not being able to keep a straight face. Really this fourth year didn't quite understand the rule persay. Maybe it did make some sense.

"I should totally check out your dorm sometime. Believe it or not I've never been in the boy's dorm room. Never found the need" She shrugged as her eyes flashed outside. "I totally have no plans for the rest of the day" She said "Maybe we can go for a walk to the lake or gardens. I mean if you're not too busy for me" Caina added nudging Andrew slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back