Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
homosexual
Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Brightstone Weekend, Y36: Semester Two

Mordred Cavanaugh knew Sapphire was not ignoring him, but he could not help but feel like she was. Classes had become a priority because of, duh, OWLs. Maybe Sapph was busy looking for a job or something? Mo shook his head and continued to rock back and forth from his heels to the balls of his feet. He wore a thick, black scarf with his hands shoved into his pockets. It was clear that the boy was cold, but it was mostly just nerves.

((godmod approved))

Sapphire made her way out to the village. She had noticed Mordred pouting again, but had been unsure of if she should approach him or not. Was it her place? She had been worried more about everything lately. When he had asked her to go with him, though, she wasn't about to say no. She sauntered up behind him, glad for the use of both the heeled boots she wore and the stairs he was conveniently standing in front of. The tall brat. She smirked, coming up behind him and pulling his head back onto her shoulder so she could run her fingers through his hair. "Hey, Momo," She greeted with a warm smile.

Mordred was still in thought when his head was suddenly pulled down. Not far, but he was still shocked and pulled away hastily. "There are better ways to make yourself known!" he complained as he turned to face the seventh year. However, he smiled and pulled Sapphire and hugged her tightly. He needed this. Classes and stress were piling up, but Mo felt the time was passing slowly the past two weeks. "What kind of shoes should I get?" he asked with his arms still wrapped around Sapphire.

She laughed a little. "Sure, but that was more fun," She teased. Her suspicions that he wasn't having a great time were confirmed when he hugged her. "I like combat boots," She replied, wrapping her arms around him and running her fingers through his hair. "Why are you pouting, Momo?" She asked, running her thumb lightly over his shoulder.

Mordred hugged Sapphire closer after chuckling at her suggestion. "I am not getting combat boots," he smiled and placed a hand on the back of her head. He thought for a moment. Was he pouting? He didn't think he was pouting! He was having a hard time is all. Mo did not know what he was doing anymore. It was study, work, sleep, practice, and repeat. "I wrote my mom a letter," he told her. His mother was not the subject bothering him the most, but it was a part of the problem.

Sapphire stayed where she was, rubbing a thumb lightly over his shoulder. He hadn't spoken of his mom before. "Momo?" She questioned, running her fingers through his hair. "What about your mom?" She asked, figuring it was part of the problem.

Mordred never brought up the topic of family on his own. If asked, he would be brief if anything. There was nothing he could change about being the product of an affair with the weight of the family name on his shoulders. "Uh, well, I wrote to her. It's the first time I've ever 'talked' to her, I guess," he said. He couldn't let Sapphire go. He felt like he would crumble if he did.

Sapphire ran her hands lightly over his back. "Mordred," she murmured, keeping him close. "Talk to me. Its okay," she murmured softly, rubbing soft circles in his back. She got the feeling Mordred needed to talk to someone."I'm right here," she reassured him gently.

"I told her something, and she said I am doing it wrong. I am looking at it the wrong way," he started. He needed to be careful about how he phrased his next words. "I don't think I am doing this thing wrong. The thing is wrong, and it'll ruin everything, but she said I would ruin everything, not the thing, and I don't get it." he ranted and clutched Sapph's shoulder. A tear ran down his cheek.

Sapphire held him tighter. "Mordred." She scolded gently. "No games. Its me. The truth. All of it." She murmured, rubbing his back. "You know I'll protect you. Tell me. Please." She whispered in his ear, tangling her fingers in his hair and keeping him close.

Mordred bit at his bottom lip for a few moments. This was Sapphire. He trusted her, so why was this so hard? Only one other person knew, and that had been a fluke. It just happened. "I'm...gay." he whispered back.

Sapphire almost smiled. "It isn't wrong." She told him gently. "It's just you." She ran her fingers through his hair. "Whatever anyone tells you. You're perfect." She kissed his neck softly. "What else?" She asked.

Mo was relieved with Sapphire's response. In Adrian's own way, she said the same thing. Though, it was only after she told Mordred he was traumatic for her. "I can't let my father find out," he said. "Every day he gives me more responsibility in the company," he explained. Thunderbroom is going to be mine, and I can't let this ruin it," he said firmly. Mo leaned back to cup Sapphire's face with his hand. Gosh, his fingers were ridiculously long. "I think, I think I can come to terms with it! But, running Thunderbroom is my future. My mother has never even met me, and she knew just from some numbers." He smiled. "I'm so close, Sapph. Once I have the company, it won't matter because my father will be out of the picture."

Sapphire listened as Mordred continued to speak. She shrugged, bringing a hand up to trace her fingers along the back of the hand on her face. "Okay. Need a fake girlfriend for cover with your dad? Technically my family is rich so I do have a bit of a pedigree. Keep him focused on us and you can have a bit more freedom to figure things out behind the scenes," She offered, giving him a coy grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back