Splash!

Rafael Padilla

OOC First Name
Steven
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Aspen Wand with Boomslang venom Core
He normally would not have cared that he was tired on a Saturday at all, as it was the perfect day to do absolutely nothing. Today, however, it did annoy the boy that he wasn't doing anything fun. Rafael felt like doing something rather than sitting on a couch all day and hang out with the other Gryffindors in the common room. He looked out of the window, thinking of what he could do to make his lazy Saturday more interesting. He still hadn't seen all of the school yet and was keen on having seen most of it by the end of the school year but didn't want to do that without his Hufflepuff friend. Rafael eventually decided to go for a swim in the lake, confused with the climate change as it was a lot warmer in Puerto Rico around this time of the year. He went down to the lake with his swimming attire and a towel. It was sunny today, though not as sunny as it was a month ago. Once Rafael arrived he changed into his swimming attire and put his towel down underneath one of the trees. Hopefully, the water would be nice and warm.

If Uno was going to teach Phineas how to play rugby, she had to get good at it first. Of course, he didn't have to know she didn't really know how to play; sure she'd watched millions of games, but that didn't mean she was actually in any teams herself. The only problem was the stupid ball didn't bounce the way it was supposed to bounce. Uno had miraculously managed to find a rugby ball during the Brightstone weekend, but that was another thing Phineas didn't have to know - that she spent what little amount of money she had on a rugby ball.
Uno wasn't that bad at kicking, it was the catching that she slipped up at. Uno kicked the ball, and it bounced but then sprung off in a different direction. "No! Dang it!" She called out, running to where it was planning on landing, before it hit the ground and bounced away again. "UGH!" Uno exclaimed, losing her patience before the ball started rolling towards the lake. "No no no no no nooo!" She shouted again, running up to it but just missing it as it bobbed into the lake, and started floating away. "Screw you ball! I didn't need you in my life anyway!"

With his swimming trunks on, Rafael was ready to head into the water and go for a swim until he was bored and wanted to something else to keep him entertained. As he walked towards the water he could already feel that it was already starting to cool off, which was a good thing because that meant that he could still swim in the lake without turning into an ice cube. He was about to walk into the lake when a rugby ball bounced into the water. Rafael watched as the rugby ball floated away and frowned at the odd sight. He didn't think that he would ever see one of those at the school but there it was, slowly floating away from the girl who said that she didn't need it anyway. He turned his head towards her and frowned still. ''Uh... Do you want me to get it back for you?'' the Gryffindor asked, uncertain of what to do next as he just stood there looking like an idiot in his swimming attire. He was already thinking of ways to retrieve it for her.

Uno's glaring eyes were taken off the ball and landed upon a boy who seemed somewhat familiar. She unfolded her arms, with a small shrug. "I mean, if you like. I was thinking of leaving it out there as punishment so it could get eaten by whatever creatures live down there, but hey, if you're going swimming, I wouldn't say no to getting the damn thing back so I can kick it again. I feel like maybe you're a little bit insane for going swimming though, like, aren't there killer magical animals or something in there?" Uno asked, unaware that she had spoken a lot, before looking back towards the lake and standing on her tip toes to try and spot a creature.

He didn't think that the school would permit dangerous creatures to swim in the lake if the students were allowed to swim whenever they wanted, though could be wrong about that of course. Looking sideways at the water, Rafael hesitated for a moment before shrugging it off. ''They say the same about the Forbidden Forest and yet we still enter it anyway.'' How bad could the lake be compared to the forest. ''Be right back,'' the Gryffindor told the girl and dived underwater only to emerge a couple of seconds later to swim towards the rugby ball. The temperature of the water surprised him a little, as it was a bit colder than he expected it to be but it did not stop him from getting the ball back for her. Whilst on his way to retrieve the ball for her, Rafael thought that perhaps it would be fun to play a prank on her. Reaching the rugby ball, the first-year turned around to look at her and held it up high. ''Got it!'' He was about to throw it back to her when he pretended as if something was swimming underneath him. Looking down in the water, Rafael suddenly began to splash his arms around, pretending that something was pulling him underwater.

Uno looked at the boy, an eyebrow raised when he said 'we' still enter the forbidden forest. She had never gone in before, even though she hated rules, she figured that not going in to the forest wasn't the worst rule she obeyed. "Are you using the royal 'we' because I ain't never going in there." It wasn't that she was scared, there were just giant spiders and half horse half human things and werewolves and - yes she was scared. She would never admit it, but the only way Uno would go in there was if someone dared her to. Never on her own accord. Just like this lake, but the boy didn't seem to care as he dived into the water anyway. "Bloody Gryffindors." Uno muttered, though she hardly knew too much about different houses, she knew they were all known for certain things, and apparently Gryffindors was bravery - so that was the House she assumed this boy was in. He'd probably had been into the forest numerous times also. Uno watched, her arms folded as the boy swam towards her ball, before getting ready to catch it when he called out he got it. However, he started splashing around. Uno panicked. She knew there was something in that lake! And now it was her fault the stupid boy had gone in there! "Sh*t sh*t sh*t!" She looked around quickly to see if there was anyone that could help, but there wasn't. Why weren't they supervised while swimming?! Where were the damn teachers when you needed them? There wasn't anything else to do but jump in. Uno had gotten swimming lessons at school, but she wasn't the best. She couldn't even freestyle properly, so instead, kicked as hard as she could, her arms doggy paddling at a pathetic attempt to help her swim faster. "Dude!?! Are you okay?! WHAT HAS YOU?!" She called out, no idea what on earth she was going to do to help when she got there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back