Special Delivery

Elt

OOC First Name
Claire!
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
When Elt had signed up to deliver valentines roses, she's hardly considered how much walking there was going to be. Traipsing the castle in search of students took some great effort for a girl of her stature; still, she did not complain, for the look she knew would appear on the recipient's face at her arrival was worth the sore legs. Finally finding the young Hufflepuff to whom her first rose was addressed, Elt toddled up and tugged on her clothes.

With Valentine's Day coming nearer, Eleanor was feeling very giddy and the lovely atmosphere was making everything even better. The Hufflepuff was relaxing in the comfort of the student lounge when she felt something tug on her robes. Her first instinct was to kick it away, but when she looked down, she realised that it was in fact a person trying to get her attention. They looked much too young to be at Hogwarts and Eleanor wondered what they were doing there. "Oh, hello there." she said, looking straight down at the girl. "What brings you here?"

Elt beamed as Eleanor turned around, drawing herself up to look as tall as possible, which wasn't very, but it was worth a shot. She further swelled when she understood what the Hufflepuff was asking her, and replied happily, "Flower for you!" Elt held up the yellow rose, its small note attached to the stem.

Note said:
Dear Eleanor Hope,

To one of my bestest friends, Happy Valentine Day!

Signed
Marzen Svajone

Eleanor was very surprised when the small girl presented her with a yellow rose and gave it to her. She must have been one of the deliverers and was in fact a student at Hogwarts after all. "Thanks!" she exclaimed, opening up the note to see who it was from. She smiled as she read the words, quite flattered that her friends had cared about her so much. Valentine's Day was such a good day and the roses had made it all even better. With hesitation, Eleanor turned to the girl. "If you don't mind me asking, why are you smaller than me?"

Elt held her breath with anticipation, hoping for a smile, and she was not disappointed. There she stood a moment longer, thinking it rude to run off straight away, even if she did have three more roses to deliver before the sun set. Eleanor's next question stumped her for a moment, and she knitted her brows as she turned the words over slowly in her head. Then she said, "I am a little goblin. You are a big human-kind! But I love you!" She felt the last piece of information was a necessary clarification; from what she'd gathered, real goblins loathed humans, and Elt had to make it very clear she did not share this view.

Eleanor knew nothing about goblins, and when the girl told her that she was one, Eleanor beamed. She didn't know what to say to her now, especially after the comment about loving her. Was it something the deliverers had to say considering it was Valentine's Day? "I-I guess I love you too." she stuttered in return, unsure whether or not that was the right response. "What's your name? My name is Eleanor and I'm a second year." Eleanor smiled at her, wanting to make a new friend. Maybe if Eleanor happened to get to know her enough then she'd be an expert about goblins?

Elt had never been so happy in... an hour! She positively beamed, climbing up into a chair and tucking her knees up to her chin. So many of the humans here seemed to despise her that it was a welcome change for one to be so friendly. In fact, even if Eleanor's only interest in speaking with her was to learn more about goblins, Elt would have been pleased to oblige. "I am Elt, and I am a... an Ravenclaw... one year." She smiled, thinking she'd gotten the message across. "Why you have small ears?"

Eleanor watched as the goblin climbed itself onto a chair and smiled at it, wondering if all goblins were as friendly as her. She introduced herself as Elt and Eleanor thought that was a rather interesting name. She had never heard anything like it and she was sure that it was just perhaps a goblin name that only goblins used. The question about her ears was quite peculiar, but Eleanor happily answered it nonetheless. "Because I was born that way." she said simply. "Also, I'm a human and humans have smaller ears than goblins, right?"

Elt didn't quite understand the first half of Eleanor's explanation, but with a little effort she could decipher the second. "Hmmm," she said, frowning hard, as if puzzling over some great conundrum. Her other deliveries were long forgotten. "But how do you hear all the noise?" she asked, now feeling quite upset. Having tiny ears must have been awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back