OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Liv
Izzy had made a decision. She was going to talk to professor Cliffeton about what was bothering her, she sincerely hoped it wasn't too early into his position as her Head of House but he was already Deputy so he would be able to deal with this as well, right? The Ravenclaw did think of talking to the Captain, Isaiah, about it and although Izzy knew she could always go to him he was busy enough as it was with everything, school and his positions and not to mention that it was his last year. It had to be the hardest semester yet. She shuddered just imagining herself in that situation in a few years. Isabelle arrived to Professor Cliffeton's office and knocked, taking a deep breath before waiting to be called in if he was here. More than the fact that she had someone who was bothering her, a simple annoyance added to Izzy's life, she also had other problems she wanted to talk about. Maybe she should rather open about something else instead of what she had originally come here for.​
<i>
</i>

Professor Justin Cliffeton was finding it quite rewarding being Ravenclaw Head of House. He enjoyed helping his students find their path in life, and just being able to help them when they were in need. Since there hadn't been a Head of House for a semester, a lot of people hadn't had a place to go for a little while, so when news had spread of Justin's promotion he had seen a lot more visitors then he had been expecting. He smiled, however, when he heard a knock at his door. Getting up, he opened it, and continued smiling at Isabelle Marie. "Hello! Come on in!" He said, gesturing for her to take a seat and then closing the door behind her. Taking his seat once more, he gave her a relaxed look. "What can I do for you?" He asked.

The Ravenclaw had had so much time to think about this. Professor Cliffeton warmly welcomed her into his office and so she sat down, unable to contain how she was feeling. She was jittery and was fidgeting with the hem of her sleeve. It took a moment before she could voice her thoughts to the professor. That was how overwhelmed she'd been feeling as of late. "Could I...talk to you about something?" She knew that was an obvious thing to say but it was all she could manage as she sat across from her new Head of House. It wasn't usual for the girl to feel like this, however these past couple of days had been the worst. She had half a mind to pour her heart out and half a mind to leave. She couldn't just leave now though, she was already in. She had to say something. "It's about family," she almost forced herself to say. Izzy wondered how the professor could help her with this but maybe just a little bit of reassurance would make her feel less like a helpless student who was buried under all the stress she was feeling.
<i></i>

Justin frowned a little bit when she seemed to be unable to say what she was bottling up. Justin would by no means rush her, it just made him a little less then happen when his students seemed to be having trouble in their lives. He had only just become Head of House, but he already felt like they were his children, and a parent was never comfortable when their children were sad. He gave her a warm smile, and flicked his wand, bringing a tray of drinks & some cookies. "Help yourself." He said, gesturing to the assortment of different drinks, hoping they would help her relax. "I'm here to help, tell me everything you feel comfortable with saying." He said.

"Thanks," she managed a smile as she took some refreshments. After she nibbled on a cookie and finished it, and downed some orange juice, she sighed. That was already better. "So much has been going on lately that I've been having trouble talking to anyone about it, in particular my friends," she looked down at her hands as she spoke. Izzy had never been good with talking about her feelings because she wasn't used to it. Maybe when her mother was still with her, but because she had only recently found out that she's alive it was hard for her to accept that she wasn't really gone.

And that was only a slim part of her problems. "
My father, who's in France, sent me a letter some time ago last semester," she couldn't stop now that she started, which was a kind of relief if she had to admit it to herself. She couldn't deny that. "He said some stuff that has been hard for me to accept, well I'm glad that he told me but...I mean, it wasn't in person. It's hard for me to write back to him. What am I supposed to do? Pretend it hasn't happened? He told me I have a brother after this many years that I could've known and also that he's here at school and then there's the fact that my mother is alive when we thought she was dead. Also, my friend, one of my best friends actually, has been hanging around other people and I feel like she isn't telling me what's going on..." The Ravenclaw gave a frustrated sigh. Then she glanced at Professor Cliffeton. "I'm sorry," blood rushed to her cheeks as she realised that she had rambled in front of him. "I'm just overwhelmed with everything."

Justin was a little bit confused. A lot seemed to have happen to this girl in such a short time. Justin understood completely that it could be frustrating going through a situation like this. He gave her a warm smile, and hoped that he would be able to offer some sort of help to Izzy. "Do you know your brothers name? You mentioned that he's at the school, so maybe I'd be able to set up a meeting between the two of you?" Justin asked, with a smile on his face. "Do you have any idea where your mother is, as well?" He asked, a little bit unsure. "Maybe you could send a letter back to your father and ask him to return and introduce these people to you properly himself?" Justin suggested.

Before replying to Professor Cliffeton's suggestion, Izzy took a breath and counted to ten. She needed to gather her thoughts and clear her mind before she rambled again. When the Ravenclaw was ready to speak, she did. "My brother's Zach Jordan and I became friends with him quite a while ago, before either of us knew we're related. As for my mother, she's somewhere in New Zealand and during Brightstone Weekend I went to the three broomsticks with Zach, and I saw her but I never said hi. Didn't get the chance to." She explained. The fourth year took another cookie and munched on it before continuing. "I have thought about contacting her with my brother to see if I could talk to her and catch up but I'm not exactly sure it's one of my best ideas." Izzy was finally letting everything out and it felt great for a change, getting an older and wiser person's view on it helped.
<i></i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back