Sophia Stark

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
- Full Name: Sophia Larkana Stark
- Birth Date: December 21, 2004 (Winter Solstice)
- Current Age: 14
- Basic Appearance: Taller than most her age, very thin. Sophia's skin is quite pale and is a nice contrast with her long, straight black hair. She always holds herself with dignity to her full height and her nose tends to be slightly raised.
- Parents: Sammael Stark and Morgase Stark (possibly soon to be Morgase Prince)
- Siblings, if any: None
- Pets, if any: An owl named Regina. Sophia does not think of her as a pet per se, but as a tool to be utilized.
- Area of Residence: Most of the year she is at Hogwarts New Zealand. Her father resides in New Zealand and her mother is currently in Russia.
- Blood status: Pure
- Hogwarts House (And why): Slytherin. It was the house of both of her parents and that is where Sophia wanted to be. She desires power and is willing to do what it takes to get it.
- Best school subjects (And why): Potions: Sophia’s mother passed on to her a love for potions. During Sophia’s childhood she did not do things such as play, but instead learned to brew potions with her mother. It was a favorite pastime of hers. Potions are exact and predictable, and Sophia likes that stability.
Charms: Charms to Sophia are very useful spells. They can be used everyday and are a good resource to have under her belt. Also Sophia is fond of fire, being a pyrokinetic.
Arithmancy: Sophia loves the exactness of numbers and using them to discover things about herself and others. Also this class is taught by Sophia’s Head of House and one of her role models Professor Manteia.
- Worst school subjects (And why): Astronomy: Sophia does not like this subject. She finds it a waste of time as it is not furthering her quest for power or even her magical education in her mind.
Herbology: While plants are necessary to potionmaking Sophia detests the idea of actually growing them and touching them with her hands. She finds dirt, well, dirty, and finds the tasks assigned to her in Herbology beneath her.
- What would their Patronus be? Unsure
- What would their Boggart be? Unsure
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) Fox
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Herself in a position of power, possibly Minister of Magic or something of the like.
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Unable to come up with that at the time.

- Write an example roleplay by your character:
Sophia had used her Time Turner so that no one would miss her.  She was currently in Potions, so it was unlikely that anyone would go looking for her in the Forest.  With her new boots on Sophia had made her way quite quickly to Forest and sat down somewhere near the edge with her back against a tree.  She was not too far in, but she was far enough away from the very edge that she felt comfortable and confident that she would not be seen. 

What Sophia needed right now was privacy, and she was sick and tired of her room.  Over the summer she had developed a small liking for the outdoors that she was not quite ready to admit to.  So, she would enjoy the beauty of the Forest alone, and in secret.

Upon sitting down Sophia had set her messenger bag down beside her.  She then took to looking through it, soon withdrawing two letters.  Sophia knew from the handwriting that one was from her father and the other her mother, and she did not want to be near anyone when she read them.  Her feelings toward her parents and the whole situation were still very murky, she did not know what to think.

Opening the letter from her father, Sophia scanned the page with her golden eyes.

Dear Sophia,

My daughter, I cannot express to you how terribly sorry I am for the way things have played out.  The last thing i want is to see you hurt, and it is absolutely excruciating not knowing how you are.  I have just settled in to a new apartment in New Zealand, so I am quite close to you now.  I will let you do as you will for your Winter Break, but I do hope that you will stay with me for the summer.  I am, after all, your father, and I would like it if you would stay with me.  As upstanding as I am sure this Bruin Dumbledez is, he is not your family.

I am giving you some time to think this over and get used to the idea.  But, I would very, very much appreciate you staying with me.  Feel free to write to me, whenever.

Your father,
Sammael Stark

Setting the letter on the ground Sophia opened the one from her mother and began to read it.
My Darling Sophia,

I know I have been terrible about contacting you, so I will cut to the chase.  I miss you.  I apologize for my lack of communication, I figured you already had enough on your mind.  I am sure by now your father has spoken with you, and has probably thrown a number of lies at you.  Your father is not a trustworthy man, be careful what you say to him and what you choose to believe.

It has been awful not speaking with you.  I really do miss you dearly.  No doubt your father has already contacted you about the summer.  However, I was wondering if you might like to spend your Winter Break with me.  I can understand completely if you hesitate to trust me, and I would not blame you for saying no.  However, I simply had to extend the invitation to my only daughter.  You may even bring a friend or two with you if you would like.

Well, that is really all I have to say for now.  I look forward to hearing back from you.

Love,
Your Mother

Sophia set the second letter down atop the first and stared straight ahead. Why was this all so confusing? She had never felt such an awkward mix of emotions before. Anger filled her body as tears glazed her golden eyes. She simply sat and stared, wondering how long she could stay in the Forest without notice.

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
7 June, 2019

Today was the absolute worst day of my life.  The time when I accidentally lit Bruin on fire does not even come close to the horror I felt today.  Father picked me up at the train station and took me to his new apartment.  Immediately he began feeding my lies about Mother.  He obviously knows nothing, and nothing about me.  Does he really think I am that naive?  Has he so little faith in the daughter he raised?  Or is he just stupid?  In any event I ran away.  I was a bit surprised that he did not run after me, and at first I was glad.  Now I almost wish he had.

I went to the only place I knew how to get to, Obsidian Harbor.  I walked into the Leaky Cauldron, feeling a bit hungry and needing someone to go and sit.  At first the barkeep seemed very personable and nice.  His name was Thanatos, and he was a Slytherin.  He seemed charming, but he was just manipulating me.  After grabbing me, kissing me, and stealing me wand he apparated me against my will to the place I am at now, The Herrogard.

When I arrived at the Herrogard I was not surprised to find Father waiting for me.  I was surprised however to see a man I did not recognize and Estrella of all people.  The man claims to be my grandfather, and from how he treated Father it seems plausible.  Although Father can act, so perhaps this man can as well?  I do not know.  Father yelled at me and for the first time I yelled right back.  I am so sick of being obedient to him.  He thinks he knows what is
best for me, but he is wrong.  I will not follow him and his ridiculous Death Eater ideals.

I miss Ford.  I miss Hogwarts.  I really have come to think of it as home, especially with Stark Manor being destroyed.  Estrella might not think she is being imprisoned here, but I know better.  I wonder what Ford will think of what happened with Thanatos?  I really do not want to think about that right now.  I think I shall just go to bed.  This summer is going to be simply awful.

What does Sophia like to do inside of the school, other than the average schoolwork?

Lucretia Moriarty said:
What does Sophia like to do inside of the school, other than the average schoolwork?
Read. I do a lot of research on past leaders, what they did right and what they did wrong. I bought some ballet stuff at the Muggle Market but have yet to learn to use it. Also I spend a lot of time with Ford, as we are a couple. Sometimes I will go for a fly, so as to keep up my Quidditch skills.

Well, that really depends. I am not sure how the teams stand but ever since there have been teams I have been on one of them. My favorite position is Keeper. I like to decide whether or not the other team gets to score.

UPDATED

The Basics
Name | Sophia Larkana Stark
Birthday | December 21, 2004
Current Age | 17
Hometown | Spelthorne, Surrey, England
Ancestry | 1/2 English; 1/4 German; 1/4 Norwegian
Blood Status | Pureblood

Appearance
Hair Color | Black
Hair Style | Long and straight
Eye Color | Grey
Height | 5'7"
Weight | 120 lbs
Build | Thin but still possessing some curves

Family
Father | Sammael Lycan Stark (Deceased)
Brief Description | Former Death Eater, worked for the British and New Zealand Ministries of Magic

Mother | Morgase Eileen Prince (Deceased)
Brief Description | Former Death Eater

Brother | Shane Valcan Stark (21)
Brief Description | Professional Quidditch Player

Uncle | Montague Tybalt Prince
Brief Description | Bookstore owner in Britain

Great Uncle | Valcan Drage
Brief Description | Norwegian Minister of Magic, Death Eater

At Hogwarts (Scotland)
House | Slytherin
Your best subjects | Potions and Arithmancy
Your worst subjects | Astronomy and Herbology
Extracurricular activities | Quidditch (Keeper)
Favorite place at Hogwarts | The Dungeons
Least favorite place at Hogwarts | No such thing

Personality
Patronus | Wolf
Boggart | Unsure
Animagus | Fox
What would be seen in the Mirror of Erised | Herself as Minister of Magic
Memory used to create a Patronus | Destroying the ring and ridding herself of Pyrokinesis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back