Open Something New

Lucie Vernier

older twin | confrontational

OOC First Name
kaye
Wand
Curved 9 1/2 Inch Flexible Wenge Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
[Open after Charlie]

Lucie felt a little more reluctant this semester to be going back to Hogwarts than previously. She wasn't getting along too well with the people in her grade, and Lucie didn't mean for this at all. She figured people were just a little too sensitive sometimes and there was nothing she could really do about it. It made it harder for her to make friends however, which her twin brother somehow seemed to be much better at than her. It was a little disappointing for Lucie, but she tried not to let it get to her too much. The Slytherin had stolen some painting supplies from the Conglomerated Arts Room and made her way to the abandoned classroom so she could practice how to paint without anyone disturbing her. Painting was definitely something she could try and pick up to distract herself with. It would give her something to do outside of Quidditch and Accio. Her oldest sister's artworks had really inspired her, and she hoped that the effort she would put into it would be worth it. The girl began putting some colours on a palette so she could get started.

Eoin didn't really want to be back at the castle, but it was something he knew he was just going to have to deal with. Hopefully lessons this time around would be interesting and he might actually learn something he cared about. Better than what Care of Magical Creatures had turned out to be like, anyway. He hadn't learned anything about the creatures living in the lake like he had wanted to. Which meant that he was taking the extra time to study on the subject himself, a couple of books tucked under his arm as he headed to one of the abandoned classrooms to study. While the library would work just as well, sometimes he just liked to be completely alone with no sounds of extra rustling or people walking around. However, when he happened to open the door he blinked with surprise to see someone else had already beaten him to it. "Oh," he kept his hand on the doorhandle as he started to back out again, "Sorry, didn't know anyone else was in here. I can just... go."

As Lucie heard the door open, she suddenly became a little annoyed. There weren't many places at Hogwarts where she could be alone and focus on her own thing. It wasn't until the person spoke that Lucie took a small sigh of relief. She liked Eoin. He didn't involve himself in drama, and he was most likely one of the more intelligent people at Hogwarts. "Oh, don't worry about it. You can come in." she said. "Just close the door behind you." She knew Eoin wouldn't be too distracting. After all, he was always quiet during classes. "I'm just trying to... paint." Lucie looked over at the blank canvas, not really knowing where to start. "Do you paint?"

Lucie offered to let him stay if he wanted to, but Eoin was almost more convinced to leave and find somewhere else quiet to study. But, then again, one person was still better than a whole room full of people, so he decided to take her up on the offer. "Thanks," he offered with a small smile as he stepped into the room, softly closing the door behind him again. He only took a moment to glance around before he moved towards a seat off to the side, setting his books down on the table as he sat. When he was asked if he pained, the boy laughed slightly, "Er, no. I am not really a very creative person. I can barely draw."

Lucie watched as Eoin walked into the room and sat away from her. She liked the fact that he respected her boundaries. At his response, Lucie frowned a little, admittedly disappointed by it as it meant she couldn't ask him for any advice. Ravenclaws were usually creative or smart, and perhaps Eoin fell into the latter category. She simply nodded before then deciding to draw a lorikeet. Found in Australia, she knew that they were quite colourful and so she would be able to effectively use all of the colours in front of her. She began outlining the shape of a small bird. It was much harder than what she thought, and eventually she just decided to change her lorikeet into a rainbow. It was simple, but her bird was going nowhere. "Hey, so..." Lucie turned to him, paintbrush still in hand. She wanted to get to know Eoin better, and perhaps now would be a good time to since they were alone. "What do you think of Arithmancy?"

Flicking open his first notebook, Eoin just hoped he could get as much studying done as he possibly could. He didn't think the Slytherin would bother him too much, she seemed to be quite happy sat there with her painting instead of looking for a conversation with him. With his textbook open he moved to grab his notes and a pencil as well, putting them out in front of him to jot down anything extra he might have missed from the lesson. But, then he heard a voice again, glancing up again. "It's alright, I guess," he offered after just a moment to think about it. "I was kind of hoping to have a little more on maths and stuff. More or less doing the same thing for two lessons in a row was pretty pointless. Besides, I had already worked out my surname in my free time so the last lesson was completely pointless."

Lucie kept painting her rainbow as Eoin answered her question. She painted the sky around it different shades of blue, messing around with the different shades that she could make. It was actually quite fun, despite her not being that good at it. As Eoin said he had already figured out his surname before that lesson, Lucie couldn't help but be impressed. He was smart, which was one of the main reasons why Lucie wanted to keep him as her friend. "I like maths too. I like potions actually, and there's a bit of math involved in that when measuring ingredients and whatnot, and I guess that's why I wanted to take Arithmancy. It's nothing like I expected it to be though... I'm more interested in the past than the future." she told him truthfully as she began adding some orange to the rainbow. She was glad that she wasn't the only one slightly disappointed by the subject. "We should start a club... like a math club... that would be cool, right?" Lucie wasn't confident about her idea, especially since she wouldn't be able to find many people to join it, but wanted to know what Eoin thought.

Eoin had yet to find a subject at Hogwarts he actually really enjoyed. History of Magic was about the only one he had found somewhat interesting. Astronomy still felt a little pointless at times, he'd been incredibly disappointed by Care of Magical Creatures and even Arithmancy was disappointing him. And having already dropped everything else, he did have to wonder how many classes he would actually be taking by the time he graduated. "I didn't really enjoy potions much," he responded honestly. It was too much like cooking, something he didn't have much of a skill for. Then again, he hadn't really enjoyed any of his classes so the fact he hadn't enjoyed potions shouldn't really be all too surprising for someone to hear. And then Lucie came up with a math club and Eoin paused, scrunching his nose up for a moment as he thought about it. "Do you think anyone would actually join that though? Most people here seem far more interested in stupid magic."

Lucie frowned a little as Eoin said he didn't like potions much. It was one of her favourite subjects, but she figured it definitely wasn't everyone's, and so tried not to take it so personally. She appreciated his honesty however. As he questioned her idea of a math club, she was quick to respond. "Oh, you'd be surprised. There are many people that go to school here who like muggle-related things." she said, knowing that her brother was one of them. "But I reckon if we advertised it correctly, perhaps it could be popular. Math is an important subject and people need to know that, don't you think?" Lucie thought her idea was perfect, but she wasn't going to go along with it without Eoin's help. Even if the two of them just learnt how to do math together, she really didn't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back