Someone you like

Sellina De Graaf

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 inches Blackthorn wand with Unicorn hair core
This thread is set in the Summer holidays, halfway thru 2042

Winter holidays in the Netherlands is as freezing as eating a snow cone and having a brain freeze. She and her brother hated it and their parents would send them somewhere warm, this year though was New Zealand. Beaches and the wizarding community, in her opinion, goes well together in this situations. It was also the first time that she's excited to come to the little island, it was weird that of all the countries in the world, New Zealand is the place she made friends. Well, one friend for that matter. They had a rough start but that changed with a little exchange of letters and what not. "Hey, Lina! I found the tickets you wanted." Seth, Sellina's brother, shouted from across the hall to her bedroom. The three De Graaf children are staying at a rented house, as always, their parents preferred it than a hotel. "Print it, please." She shouted back at him while giving an envelope to her owl, Peony. Then Selly let her out to deliver the letter to Ewan, stating that she's inviting him to watch a football match later on today. She just hopes that he's willing to sit and watch men kick a ball around, Selly has no clue if her friend even likes sports and such but she likes soccer, specially that her team, the Wellington Phoenix, is playing.

Ewan was surprised to see that Sellina had invited him to go to a football match with her, and in New Zealand for that matter. However, she mentioned in the letter that they would be attending the match between the Wellington Phoenix v Auckland City FC. He squinted his eyes as he read the content of the letter over and over again. He wasn't sure if he had ever mentioned it to the girl or if she somehow found it out herself but he was a big supporter of The Navy Blues so asked himself if Sellina once again tried to be competitive with him. After he gave the owl, who had delivered him her letter, something to nibble on Ewan ran downstairs and asked his father if he was ok with him going to a football match later that day. To his surprise his father didn't seem to have a problem with him going to Wellington with a girl as long as he would be the gentleman and pay for the snacks they would buy either before the game would start or in half time. He immediately ran upstairs again when the conversation with his father ended to get all of his Auckland City clothes and put them on to get ready for later. Ewan couldn't believe that he was this excited to go to a football match with the girl he disliked at first.

It was a darn football match and Selly manage to trash her bedroom with her clothes she had tried on for hours. Her sister was looking at her like she's crazy or something while her brother, leaning against the door jam of her bedroom, holding the two tickets she requested from him to print out. "So, this is a date? Is this why we can't come?" He asked in English, better when they don't want Zosia to know what's going on. Selly rolled her eyes and picked a not-so-her-clothes. "You and Zosia can watch tomorrow's game." She told her brother a little bit harsh. This was her chance to get out and have fun without her siblings and Seth is guilt tripping her. Well, that wont happened again. Sellina put on her sneakers, grab her bag pack, kissed Zosia on the cheeks and grab the tickets off Seth's hand. It was kind of a pay back when they left her and went to the world cup, a sold out world cup.

Selly hurriedly ride the cab that was waiting for her outside the house. The teenager is very excited about the event, not that she'd never been with a guy alone. There were times but not this excited. Upon arriving at the stadium, she was on time which she's not proud of. Not all guys like a prim lady but she's already there and all she got to do is wait for Ewan to arrive and give him his ticket. Paying the cab, Sellina got out of the vehicle and the summer wind blasted on her face. Oh, my god! I'll be melting in no time. Wish Ewan would run or apparate or something fast She thought as she stood by the entrance of the stadium.

Happy that his father had agreed to take him to the Wellington stadium, Ewan quickly ran downstairs when his dad called out his name, indicating that it was time to get going or else they would arrive too late. Whilst his driving towards the stadium Ewan didn't talk much but thought about how today would turn out: if Auckland would win the match against their rival, if Sellina would support Wellington or Auckland - hopefully Auckland - and what the girl would be wearing to the game, which kind of surprised him since he normally did not really care what a girl would be wearing at all. When they finally arrived at the stadium the Ravenclaw noticed that they had barely arrived on time since the last flock of supports were already going inside. Ewan kissed his father on the cheek, said his goodbyes and then quickly scouted the the two entrances hoping to spot Sellina - and he did. He made his way over to the girl, immediately apologizing for being late before looking at her from head to toe. Ewan smiled as he looked up at her again, ''You look nice.'' he told Sellina whilst his cheeks slowly changed their colour.

Sellina didn't expect that it would be this hot in New Zealand, she was already sweating and the game isn't even starting yet. Her made out fan was their ticket and it was already slightly grumble from fanning herself too hard. But finally, the person she's been waiting for have arrived, Sellina pursed her lips, stopping her from saying something about Ewan's attire. She looked at her clothes, yellow was her teams color that's why she wore it and seeing Ewan is wearing blue that means ... "Please, don't tell me we have to fight about soccer too?" The teenager's face was apologetic, Selly didn't mean that to happened and of course, she didn't know that Ewan is a fan of the opposing team.

"And thanks for the compliment. You look good too ... with your Auckland shirt." Selly was acting stupid and competitive now but she had to gather her wits or this day would just end with hate running through their veins. She then looked at her wrist watch and the game was about to starts. "We should get going. I hope front seats are okay because I can trade it, if you want." The fourteen year old smiled at Ewan, hoping that would make him agree to the seat she got for them. Selly barely treat any of her friends for a soccer game and Ewan was the first.

Ewan hadn't even noticed the colour of Sellina's shirt before she mentioned fighting over football, too. He took a quick look at her clothing one more time and noticed the that the colours she was wearing were those of the team going against Auckland. Ewan looked at her with a look that said 'are you serious?' Why did she had to be for the opposite team? He shook his head in disapproval before talking outloud. ''Did you do this on purpose?'' The Ravenclaw students asked the girl in front of him as he was pointing at her shirt. ''Because then yes, we are going to have a discussion since you and I both know that Auckland City FC is going to be the better team today.'' The boy said firmly. Nonetheless Sellina was right about one thing, they really should get going if they wanted to see the match from the start on. ''You got us front seats?'' He asked, his jaw opening and eyes spreading. ''How did you managed to do that? It looks pretty packed.'' If the girl wasn't dressed in the opposites team's colours he would've kissed her for getting them front seats.

The young lady's eyes widen at the sudden outburst of the guy in front of her. As she predicted once he saw him wearing the Auckland shirt. Selly rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Why would I do such a thing? I'm not a seer." She told him back. Groaning, the sun was beating down on them. All Selly wanted was to watch a nice soccer game with her friend but that seems out of the window. "Though, we should see. Best of luck. May the best team win." She smirked at Ewan, she never losses in any possible way. Selly either was just lucky at the time or her magical ability does the trick. Cheating wasn't her typical go to but when needed, she goes for it.

And she really doesn't know why she got front seats at such a hot day, Selly could have picked an enclosed cabin for them with a nice air condition and food. But she never tried watching it outdoors. "Why? Is it a bad thing? Because I can literally change the ticket to whatever seat you want." The young lady almost beg for it but of course, she stayed professional. The A/C ... I could almost feel it Sellina thought to herself. And without waiting for an answer from Ewan, she walked toward the ticketing booth, about to talk to someone about changing seats.

Ewan shrugged when she asked him why she would do such thing to him, ''I don't know? Maybe to irritate me?'' the Ravenclaw told her. Though Ewan was half joking, he had considered the possibility that she just wore that shirt to irritate him during the match. However, she also looked great in these clothes so the teen shouldn't even be complaining about it. We should see? We should see?! No. Auckland was the team that would win todays match no matter what Sellina said. Statistically Auckland had won more games against Wellington in the past few months and years, and they could add one more victory against them after the end of this game. He was sure of it. ''Wanna bet Auckland will win?''

He quickly shook his head when Sellina asked if having tickets to two fronts seats was a bad thing and said, ''Hell no! It's the best thing ever! Those are like the best seats ever, dude!'' Ewan hurredly walked with the girl to the booth, still hoping that she wouldn't trade them for other tickets, but he wasn't the one who paid for them so he had no say in whether they should take other seats or not; to be honest, it made sense to trade the tickets since the sun would be burning on them for the whole match. ''Yeah, you should probably change them.'' he said whilst looking up at the sky. ''It's way too hot to be sitting in the sun for ninety minutes.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back