OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Indiana Night wasn't one to always go out of her way to make friends. Her sister had been when she first starting going to Hogwarts six years ago. And despite wanting to be just like her older sister, Indiana found it hard to find a common topic when meeting a new person. Right now the young girl was standing in the corridor outside of her house with her broom in hand. She just got back from the Gryffindor tryouts and she stopped to look out a window at the Pitch. She loved flying, it was one of the best things she ever got to do. Most likely her closest friend at the school so far was Tybalt Archer. But he didn't know how to it felt to fly, he wouldn't until after Flying Lessons. And even then it was a guess if he'd actually enjoy it. She was sure that her friend Preston didn't even know that witches and wizard could even fly on brooms. Afterall being muggleborn made it so that he didn't know much about anything.

Leaning against the window pane Indiana got lost in thought looking out at the grounds. It was truely a beautiful school. Just like her dreams about coming here were becoming true, her dreams about being on the team were also becoming true. It wasn't every year that first years got to tryout for the team. But because her two older siblings have been flying for years and taught her how to fly and play the game she got to. It had been the best day at school so far and she couldn't wait to tell Tybalt all about auditions.

Kyle walked up the stairs that led to the Gryffindor House.He was quite tired but also he had had a great time practicing flying in the morning and then trying out for the Gryffindor team.Not all first years knew how to fly so it was hard to get permission from the Captain but luckily he had managed.And the tryouts had gone well in his opinion.There had been a few other first years as well who had performed quite well and Kyle wasn't sure if he would get picked but he hoped that at least he would be a stand by for them if they needed one.He had tried out for chaser and seeker because those were the positions that he had played well when they played Quidditch in the Cavanaugh Estate.

The halls were empty as he made his way through them.It was nearly dusk and the students were getting ready to go to the Great Hall for dinner in half an hour.Kyle was slightly hungry because he had had very little to eat that day because he didn't want to throw up on the pitch during tryouts.Finally he climbed up the last flight of stairs and reached the portrait hole.Next to it there was a window at which a first year girl stood.He had seen her in classes and in the Great hall but had never talked to her.Infact she had also tried out for the team and she still had her broomstick with her.She seemed to be lost in thought and Kyle wondered whether she was waiting for someone.But he decided to say hi so he walked up to the window and asked her in his British accent,"Hey,you coming in?" pointing to the portrait of the Fat Lady."I'm Kyle,by the way" he added thinking it would be rude not to introduce himself.

Indiana turned at the sound of a British voice. At first she thought it was Liam but this voice wasn't Scottish. This boy had similar hair to Liam and she wondered if it was a thing in England to have similar haircuts. She was suprised that this person was speaking to her and wondered if he wanted anything. She hadn't been in the way so there wasn't a reason for him to bully her. Looking back out the window her thoughts of flying were already interupted and she sighed. Turning to face the boy she figured him to be in her year or above her. She couldn't actually remember seeing him in any of her classes but he seemed to be a Gryffindor as he asked if she was going into the Common Room.

Nodding her head Indiana remembered she wanted to find Tybalt and most likely he'd be in the Common Room. Smiling at him as she went towards the enterance of the Common Room. "I'm Indiana," she replied back to the boy. She didn't know him or really reconize him but that was most her own fault of not paying attention to other people besides the ones who she already knew. When she got in she was disappointed that she didn't see Tybalt around the Common Room and wondered what he was up to.

Kyle realized that she probably hadn't noticed him before because he didn't see any recognition in her eyes.This didn't bother him much because he had always been more observant then other people.He remembered faces and names easily and many times he found out that someone whom he had been seeing around town all the time had never noticed him.He couldn't really blame it on them.

The girl gave him her name and it was a nice name.Kyle wondered where she came from.In Hogwarts there were people from all parts of the world and some of them had really weird names.He was lucky that he hadn't been named after his great-grandfather like his father wanted."I saw you at the try outs earlier,you were really great." he told her as he entered the common room behind her.The room wasn't that crowded but most of the students were talking about the tryouts.

Indiana heard the boy say something about Quidditch Tryouts. Which caught her attention from looking for Tybalt. It was then that she realized how rude she was being to the boy who wanted to talk with her. "Try-outs? Yeah they were really fun, don't you think? I'm sorry I guess I was just to focused to see you," she admitted to the boy. She actually felt really bad about it. She wasn't sure she'd actually remember anyone outside the tryouts. Besides her elder sister Georgiana of course.

Indiana was happy with her position as alternate, she was just a first year and so many people tried out for the sport anyways. She knew her older sister not happy being an alternate and a sixth year. She had been upset after it was posted and went straight back to her room. "I really want to go onto Professional Quidditch after school with my siblings, we're all thinking of being on the Stonewall Stormers up in Canada," she told him figuring he'd be able to tell from her accent that she was indeed an American.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the late reply.I had a broken lappy screen and it took a week to get a replacement. :(
Kyle spotted a good sofa to sit on and made his way towards it hoping that Indiana would follow.He felt tired but not ready to retire for the evening just yet."Yes they were fun.I just wish I had practiced more." he replied to her.He wished he would find in her a partner to practice Quidditch with if they ever became good friends.He was glad that he had been selected as a reserve.For a first year that was a really good thing and he believed that Indiana had also been on the list.

"Oh really? Even I do wish to be a pro player but my future is kind of blurry right now.My dad owns a broomstick manufacturing company and so far I am the only heir to it so I don't know what will happen."he told her.It was true that Kyle had always dreamed of joining Puddlemere United but he hadn't told this to his father fearing his reaction.He knew that he was the heir to Thunderbroom which had originally been his maternal grandfather's company and his father had been given the company because he had married his mother."That's my mother's favourite team! She is from Canada and has great love for it.My favourite team is Puddlemere United from the British and Irish League.I'm from England." he told her.He felt that he was talking alot but Quidditch was a great topic for him and it being a common interest was a good thing for a friendship to start.

Indiana followed as Kyle moved over towards the chairs and sat down next to him. She wasn't like sitting on top of him or very far so it seemed comfortable and fine. She really liked the Common Room, the colors were warm and inviting. She couldn't imagine being in another house, the colors wouldn't fit her as well. "I got to practice with my siblings all summer, it was great," she said to him. Indiana wasn't trying to show off to him at all. She had just been overly excited about finally getting an enitre summer with both her older siblings. The next time they'd be able to spend all their time together on the pitch would be when they were all on the same team.

"A Broom Company? That is really cool," she said leaning back and picturing brooms surrounding her just like the wand shop. It would be a very interesting thing for her. But she didn't understand what he meant by him being the only heir. He didn't have to work there if he didn't want to. This wasn't the middle ages. "Is it really? We're from New York so not to far away, plus most of the American teams are terrible," she said about his mother liking the same team. She hoped that his mother would still like the team when Kayden and Georgiana joined the team. They were both really good players, it was a shame that Georgiana had been put as an alternate. Indiana's sister had been to upset to talk after the list had been posted.

Kyle envied Indiana.Having siblings was way cooler than playing Quidditch with your mean cousins who like to take the mickey out of you or playing with children from the village of whom your father didn't approve.Kyle really wished that he would have had siblings."Yeah it's cool...I got my first broom when I turned nine" he told her grinning.He had been really pampered and given gifts that he had no right to demand.But he had turned out alright so far because of his mother's guiding hand.

"New York! It must be overwhelming as well as fascinating to live in such a big city packed with muggles." he commented.He had no experience when it came to the muggle world except what he had seen on his brief visits to London."I live in a village on the countryside on the outskirts of London so I don't know much about the muggle world." he told her.He knew that he must take Muggle Studies or someday he would be hopelessly stranded in the muggleworld.

"Only Nine? I got my first one at eight," Indiana told her teammate in a teasing manner. One year really wasn't much of a difference. Of course it should have been bigger she thought with his family owning a broom company and all. That first broom of her's hadn't lasted very long. She ran into a wall while on it and it broke into a few large pieces and quite a few splinters. She had been completely upset when it happened that her family took a trip to the magical world of New York City and gotten her a new one not long after. Of course her father hadn't really paid for it, it was her two older siblings that used the magical money they had to get it. Indiana truely loved her older siblings for everything they did for her.

"I don't live in the city," the young girl replied slowly. She did it to make sure her understood what she meant and how it bothered her that people assummed when she said that she was from New York she meant the city. In fact her current home was far different from the city. It was a place where one could actually see the stars, the real stars in the sky. Not the lame Hollywood people that pranced around like they owned the Red Carpet. "We used to live in the city for awhile but it's not really a nice place to be. Atleast where we were," she said looking away and around the room.

Kyle laughed when Indiana teased him that she had gotten her broomstick before him.Kyle's mom had gotten him his first broomstick but his dad had been strictly against it.Even so Kyle had managed to sneak around and learned how to fly with his friend's help.He wished his dad had taught him how to fly.It would have made a bond between them which could not have been broken ever.But Kyle's father had stayed distant from him and Kyle was praying that being good at Quidditch would attract his father's attention towards him.

Kyle realised that he should't have assumed that she lived in New York city.But he was so facinated by the city that he couldn't help it.He had read alot about it and seen so many pictures of it.And he was also facinated by it's muggle population.He felt that she wasn't comfortable talking about New York city and guessed that maybe her family had had some bad experiences there.So he changed the topic."So do you have any siblings?" he asked her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back