Some Alone Time

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius was doing the usual that most first years were doing lately, wandering the castle. He had an actual destination though, the library and once he finally found it, he enjoyed his time scanning the titles of books. He picked up an Astronomy book and went over to a table to start reading it but his eyes weren't focused.

[sorry in advanced for my unnesassarily long post :p ]

Classes.

Jenna sighed at the thought of this word. Summer had gone by so fast - it felt like only a short week had passed since the beginning of June. But it was September and classes had begun. Not that she wasn't more then eager, this after all was a magical school- it was Hogwarts New Zealand! Jenna had been waiting for this for a long time, she had been waiting for her eleventh birthday since she had been four, and old enough to ride her first broom.

But this was still school and she needed to stay ahead of the game, or as much as she possibly could. So Jenna sat up in her bed, deciding that she would take a trip to the library today, she figured that it would be needed for exam time and when she didn't have anything better to do, especially because Zeke had decided to ignore her completely.

Jenna looked around her dorm room- and once more it was completely empty aside from her snake and her dorm mates' cat. The Hufflepuff girl sighed inwardly and got out of her bed. As her dainty feet touched the cold ground she scrunched up her face slightly. God why is it always cold in here? When Jenna had adjusted to the cold of her dorm room she walked over to her trunk that laid at the foot of her bed.

She flicked the six latches carefully then lifted up the lid to her trunk. When open she flipped through everything that was held in this one trunk - there were many others. Jenna came across her favorite pair of red skinny jeans and her Beatles t-shirt and although they didn't match at all, she thought her black and white converse pulled it together.

When Jenna was changed she picked up her books and her bag, leaving her wand behind, purposely, she didn't have any need for it yet, as she was unable to do any spells yet. She had only had, had History of Magic already. Jenna slung her book bag over her shoulder nonchalantly and placed her books in her bag and walked out of her dorm room and then the common room.

When she reached the library she smiled inwardly as she thought, Mmm I love the smell of books. Jenna rolled her eyes at her own stupidity at this thought and walked on thankful that no one could read her thoughts, it would probably be a mighty laugh for them. The girl walked through a few of the isles picking up a few books along the way, most of which were stacked up from largest to smallest, the smallest in her hand, open and she read it with out thinking of how klutzy she actually was.

As Jenna walked over to the tables she was so consumed with the words written in the book, it wasn't something many people her age would be interested in as it was about History of Magic- she knew for a fact almost everyone she had met so far hated the subject. Jenna felt her eyes begin to roll so she blinked to stop them and took a seat at any random table- what she didn't realize was that someone was already sitting there.

Jenna moved the large stack of books to her right without tearing her eyes away from the words of the book then she rested her elbows gently on the table, and raised her index finger and her thumb to the right hand corner of the book and flipped the page, the small ruffle making a few heads turn her way.

Jenna ignored it of course and lifted her feet up onto what she thought would be a chair across from her. And her icy blue eyes widened slightly when she felt her ankle graze against someone's leg and her cheeks flushed a bright red and she tore her eyes from the words in the book that had increasingly gotten blurrier from her obvious embarrassment. It took Jenna a long moment to realize who she was actually looking at and longer to take her feet down from Scorpius' chair.

When her feet where down she slid them close to her her chair and tied them around it nervously and stammered with pure embarrassment, "Sorr...sorry Scor..Scorpius." Jenna's cheeks got redder still from her sudden inability to let out proper words. Then she looked down nervously for a quick moment then back up at Scorpius and she said in a delicate whisper, "Hello Scorpius, how are you?" Jenna's cheeks began to come back to their natural colour but lingered around a rosey pink, making her cheeks and nose look like she had just been out on a walk in a cold winter day.

Scorpius had been reading about the Milky Way in the Astronomy book he had picked up. He scanned the page, reading intently with interest though he didn't understand a lot of words yet. He hoped after Astronomy class he'd be able to fully understand what those words meant. He noticed someone sit at his table but didn't look up because the library was a place for anyone to sit so he didn't mind.

He continued reading until he felt a leg against his own. He looked up immediately and pushed his chair back a little. He then noticed that it was Jenna and he burst out laughing, especially since he realized she was blushing profusely. "Hey Jenna, it's okay," he said waving off her apology. "I'm fine how have you been?" he asked her through his laughs.

Jenna blushed once more and whispered slightly, "Hey Mr. Ravenclaw, that may have been funny but we are still in a library." Jenna playfully raised her finger up to her lip and ssshed him slightly then a smile formed on her lips and she said, "I've been good actually.." Jenna nodded her head two times slightly, in all one fluid motion then she closed her book between her fingers and she said, "Catching up in Astronomy? Easy class today right?" Jenna beamed at Scorpius slightly, her eyes dancing wildly as she did this.

Scorpius tried to stop his laughing as Jenna ssshed him and he grinned at her. "I'm glad to hear you're doing good," Scorpius said sweetly, thinking of the last time he'd talked to her and she hadn't been so good. He closed up his Astronomy book and nodded when she talked about the class. "Yeah, I actually like Astronomy class, unlike Sam," Scorpius said shrugging his shoulders with a smile.

Jenna smiled at Scorpius then said, "Everything.. alright?" Jenna hoped that Scorpius still wasn't hung up on Toni, especially after what Toni shared with her. Jenna smiled softly and said, "It's my guilty pleasure as well.." Jenna gave Knight a playful wink at this then smiled.

"Your guilty pleasure?" he asked her with an eyebrow raised. "I have no shame in admitting I like the class," he said with a smirk. He sighed when she asked if everything was okay but nodded slowly. "Well, yesterday I finally told Sam I liked Toni but he felt bad. I told him I was trying to stop liking her," he said shrugging. "What's new with you Jenna?" he asked her, scooting his chair back in after he had pushed it back when Jenna's leg rubbed with his.

Jenna smiled playfully and said, "I don't either but.. you get my drift." Jenna returned Scorpius' smirk with one of her own and she said, "I figured that was why you offered to hang out alone with him, and I'm trying to get over Sam as well.. so if you need any help in that category.. go find someone else because I'm doing a horrible job." Jenna giggled slightly then she said, "Hmm nothing really..I just got a letter from my parents, Owen and Lucus will be going to Salem Wizarding Academy when they get over Spattergroit."

Scorpius chuckled lightly and said, "I'm doing a horrible job too, but I'm making progress I think." He smiled weakly as he thought of how much less he talked to Toni now but thought it was for the best for now. "Also, I found out Hoshi likes me," Scorpius said shrugging, still unsure of what to think of that bit of information. He frowned when she talked about her relatives going to another school. "I'm sorry," he said softly. That must've sucked for her, feeling so alone here.

"Hoshi?" Jenna asked, she hadn't met or heard anything about her but was blurted out, "What do you think of her?" Jenna averted her eyes and blushed slightly then shrugged her shoulders and said, "Nah it's fine really."

"You don't know who Hoshi is?" Scorpius asked a little shocked. Everyone knew who Hoshi was, with her bright blue hair that she had now dyed bright green. "She is in Slytherin and has bright green hair to prove it," he said smiling. "And she and Toni don't really get along," he added with a shrug. He shook his head in disappointment at Jenna for not knowing who she was but gave her a sly smile to show that he was only joking. "You know you're really cute when you blush," Scorpius said with a devilish grin, knowing this would make her blush even more. He tried to conceal his chuckle.

"I like Hoshi, she's one of those girls that gets more beautiful as you keep talking to her," he said absentmindedly. Then he caught what he was saying, a little shocked at himself but tried to keep his composure. "She's like one of my best friend's right now," he said with a shrug. He didn't know if starting anything with Hoshi was a good idea right now since liking one of his female best friends didn't really work out with him the first time.

Jenna nodded her head curiously then she said, "Hmm I like her already." Jenna let out a little giggle then blushed a bright read when Scorpius called her cute then she brought her small hands up to her cheeks to hide her red face and she said, "Well that's nice Scorpius." For some unknown reason Jenna was jealous, she didn't think that she even liked Scorpius like that, why should she be jealous?

Scorpius let a laugh escape him when she turned bright red as he had expected her too. He made sure not to be too loud since they were in a library though. "She's a cool person, I'm sure you'll like her," Scorpius said to her softly with a grin. When she said that's nice he gave her a slightly puzzled look. "Was that sarcasm I detected, or did you mean it?" he asked, unsure. He felt a little dumb having to ask her but girls were hard to interpret.

"That's not funny..you knew I would've blushed," Jenna said then faked a disappointed pout but it faltered into a playful grin, still blushing. Jenna raised her eyebrows like she didn't know what Scorpius was talking about and said acting clueless, to a perfection, "Wishful thinking are we Knight?" Jenna felt a playful smirk form on her thin lips at this then she smiled sweetly at him.

"Actually it is pretty funny," he said teasing her. He noticed she was playing innocent and decided to match it. "What're you talking about Jenna?" he asked her in his most innocent voice, keeping his face as calm as he could keep it that way but letting a smile form anyway.

Jenna smiled sweetly then she said, "Well I blush easy so..good on you I guess." Playful sarcasm was in her voice and in her actions as she quietly clapped twice for Scorpius and she bit her tongue lightly and then she said, "What ever do you mean? I haven't a clue what you are talking about." Jenna smiled once more at Knight.

Scorpius tried to keep a straight face as long as possible but he somehow became distracted by her and began laughing. "I don't even remember what we were talking about anymore to be honest," he said with a chuckle as he ran his hand through his short hair.

"Well bully for me I guess," Jenna said with a smile then a blush then she opened the book once more but she didn't resume reading, she looked back at him with a slight smile.

Scorpius furrowed his brows together as she opened up her book again. He reached over the table and closed it for her. "Hey, what do you think you're doing, reading in a library?" he said with all seriousness as if it was absurd that she'd even think of doing that. He smirked at her to show that he was joking.

Jenna rolled her eyes playfully then said, "Hey we can't all be Ravenclaws and have the ability to read in our sleep, so you'll have to let me break the rules...just this once." Jenna smiled sweetly at Scorpius then opened it once more.

Scorpius let a laugh out once more and said, "Not all Ravenclaws are like that you know, I'm a different Ravenclaw, the cool kind," he said with a smug look on his face. He grinned at her and said, "Fine, I'll let it slide just this time." He watched her read for a little bit, noticing how her hair fell in her face and then felt weird about it so he asked, "What are you reading anyway?" He looked down at his own book but wasn't tempted to open it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back