OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Widow
Wand
Beech Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Pixie Hair
Marleigh had just arrived by portkey to a place called Obsidian Harbour. So this is New Zealand she thought to herself looking around in fascination. It was definitely a far cry from the small town of Taylorsville in North Carolina. Even though she had attended Salem Witches Institute for seven years she'd never really gotten used to the idea that she was a witch. In fact her parents did their best to try and deny the fact whenever possible. They'd told everyone that she'd been accepted to a very prestigious musical conservatory for gifted youngsters somewhere up north and somewhere from that stemmed her love of music. Marleigh wandered the streets of the harbour, feeling desperately out of place, but filled with excitement nonetheless. This was a new adventure for her...a chance for her to stretch her legs and show her parents that she could make it all on her own.

Demitris walked down Obsidian Harbor. He wasn't exactly paying any attention to where he was going, and figured that people would get out of his way anyhow. He had done the stupid thing of putting on two shirts and naturally, he was getting hot in this warm weather. He took off both, and walked down the street shirtless until he got the one he wanted out and used his wand to make the other one vanish. He didn't need it anyhow. He put back on his black shirt, and moved the hair out of his eyes. He was going to enjoy his three day break without any lessons. He had to admit, he had taken a liking here in New Zealand. It had something that he liked, and that was warmth. Though he was cold at school, he was naturally friendly out of school. His reasons were private. Demitris wondered what was there to do here. Naturally, he grew bored. It seemed so weird that he was here. A student from Durmstrang, a teen living in Russia, and yet, he was here.

Still looking around in amazement, Marleigh wasn't paying much attention to what she was doing or where she was going. She was still trying to take in everything around her as it truly was totally different surroudings than she was used to. Just then she bumped into something or someone rather. "Oh sweet heavens to Betsy...I'm sorry. Didn't see you standing there," she said apologetically in a thick southern accent to the boy she'd just ran into. Marleigh wondered if her sweet southern charm could get her out of possibly being jinxed by a complete stranger that she didn't know from Adam's housecat.

Demitris's emerald-like eyes landed on someone that had the nerve to run into the leader of a notorious gang. However, after Dietrich dropped out of school, and after he had a huge fight with Svetlana, the gang seemed to be falling apart, as well as their close bonds. However, he was teaching the younger ones how to live up to their legacy, rather than doing anything himself. What could he do? The gang was falling apart... Demitris snapped back into reality and nodded at the girl. It was rare to get a smile out of him. Although, her words hung in the air. He gave her an odd expression, and inquired politely, his thick Russian accent coating his words, "No problem, but where are you from? If you don't mind me asking." Her phrases were so different. And naturally, it peaked his interest.

Marleigh had always been a very conversational person, but this was new territory for her so she was grasping for words. She should have known that her accent would sound funny here, but to her this boy's accent sounded odd as well. "I'm, umm, I'm from the United States...North Carolina to be exact," she stammered slightly and then asked what might have been a dumb question, "Are you from around here?" Seeing as he was the first person she'd talked to since her arrival a few minutes prior, Marleigh had no clue what anyone from New Zealand sounded like.<i></i>

Demitris could tell the differences between people here and people elsewhere. Naturally, she wasn't native to New Zealand. Unless he got his accents mixed up. Demitris replied, "Can't say that I've traveled there before." Demitris had never set foot on the United States' land, and it wasn't on his traveling to do list. Not until he was out of Durmstrang. Only a few more months. Demitris shook his head, "No, I'm from Russia." Though it dawned him. He did not have a Russian last name. It was strange, however. He extended his hand and introduced himself, "I'm Demitris." A tiny, subtle smile touched his lips, lingered there for a few seconds, before vanishing once more.

A nervous chuckle errupted from Marleigh which made her face turn beet red. "I doubt many people have heard of it...well unless you're from the U.S. that is," she said certainly. She nodded slightly when he said that he was from Russia. Well then what in the tarnation do people from New Zealand sound like she thought curiously, now realizing that she had so much that she'd have to learn about being in a new place all on her own. Marleigh took his hand and introduced herself in return. "Marleigh...Marleigh Hayes. So do you go to school around here?" She wasn't quite sure how the schools of magic worked around here and wondered if it was pretty much the same principles as she'd been taught at Salem.

Demitris shrugged lightly. "I guess I am just one of those people, then. I don't know how you guys can keep up with the names of all the states." Demitris barely knew his own country's regions. He never really bothered keeping up with it, because he did not think it would benefit him in the future. He doubted he would live in Russia his entire life, but he loved his huge house though. He put his hand to his side and nodded, indicating that he remembered her name. However, he shook his head at her question, "Um, no, I go to Durmstrang. My best friend goes there though..." He faded off, knowing that the information he gave just her was practically pointless. Demitris did not like to ramble, because he did not want to look like an idiot and embarrass himself.

They teach us a song to remember them all she thought to herself, not feeling that was a particular piece of important information. Durmstrang. That was a name that did sound familiar. In school they'd learned about different schools of magic around the world. It was supposed to be a 'bad' school so to speak...not many good wizards had come from there, but then again to her that was pure speculation. "Oh, so you're still in school then. And the magical institution here is?" If Marleigh remembered correctly she thought it was a branch of the original Hogwarts, but she couldn't quite be sure. Just then a thought popped into her head. "How well do you know this area? I'm kind of needing a place to stay and possibly a part time job. Didn't know if you could suggest anything." She was really hoping the boy wouldn't consider her rude, afterall she was all about southern hospitality as that's how she'd been raised, but she really needed to know or else she'd be sleeping on a bench and that wasn't the least bit appealing to her.

Demitris wondered if there was a magical school in the United States. He thought that there was one, but he did not know for sure. He couldn't be talking to a muggle. Not like he would care. His father would, but he wouldn't. After all, he was a free man, and has been since the summer of 2020. He surely was more mature than most the boys in Durmstrang. Demitris nodded, "Yeah, but last year though. And I am certain that Jaken said the name was Hogwarts." Demitris had to think for a moment on the next question. He sighed, "I only know what my friend has told me. There are a few inns around here, one being in Brightstone, and another here is the Leaky Cauldron." He pointed at the Leaky Cauldron, but he himself did not want to go in there. He shrugged lightly, "Places to work, I honestly don't know. I could hit you up with my friend, Dietrich. He has a house somewhere around here, if you want to do that, rather than paying for an Inn." Demitris wanted to help, surprisingly, but his house was in Russia.

Marleigh nodded and said, "I went to Salem Witches Institute. Not quite as well known as the schools around here though." It had sucked going to an all girls school for seven years, but she'd survived and was grateful to be out now. Looking in the direction that he was pointing the inn that was in Obsidian looked a little sketchy, but that may have been because it just old. She'd never heard of Brightstone either, but might have to check it out, especially as she was needing a job until her musical career took off. Marleigh contemplated the boys offer. Her parents would have duck if they knew she was staying in some strangers house...a stranger who was male nonetheless. Well what they don't know won't hurt them she thought. She felt guilty for even considering it, but she was very limited on cash at the moment and a free place to stay would be perfect.

"I, umm, I don't know. I'd feel like I'd be imposing and I wouldn't feel right not paying. I don't know...maybe," she stammered indecisively.

Demitris nodded, and voicing his thoughts, which wasn't much at all, "Ah...I see." Demitris wondered if she would be willing to stay over at Dietrich's place or not. It was quite large, but not nearly as big as his own. Demitris hated closed areas, so naturally, his house was huge. His own bedroom was big enough to park a truck in it and have room to walk around easily. He just hated closed, confined areas. Demitris shrugged lightly, "He is a professional Quidditch player. I'm sure he won't mind at all. The only thing you might have to brace yourself for is shopping. Dietrich is one hell of a shopper." Demitris himself was a victim of being dragged around by his best friend. Demitris added, "Oh, and he is gay, so you don't have to worry about him peeking on if you were dressing or something." The girl was just now getting out on her own, and he was compelled to have her in a safe place, so he wouldn't have to worry about her sleeping outside.

Oh just do it...if you're not comfortable with it then you can always find somewhere else to stay Marleigh thought, finally coming to a decision. "Well if you're sure he won't mind. I'd even be willing to pay him...though I'll admit it won't be much until I can find a job," she said a little embarrassed. That was the bad side of leaving home, her parents had cut off her money supply so she was here on what little she'd managed to scrounge and save for the last two years. "I really appreciate your help. I hope everyone is as friendly and helpful as you are!"

((Lame I know...sorry...getting drowsy))

Dietrich was walking down the road, and was humming a decent tune to himself. He helped win yet another Quidditch match, and was back in New Zealand, after hearing that Demitris was going to be here. He wore a blue shirt with khaki pants, and wondered where oh where could his friend be. Finally, he spotted Demitris, and he was talking to a girl. Well, Dietrich thought it was a girl, because of the long hair. He was coming from the back side of her anyway. With a mischievous smirk upon his face, he crept up behind her, and heard something about ‘needing a place to stay’. Dietrich continued to smirk, and then used his hands to tickle the girl on the side, before taking a step to the side, and stood next to Demitris, “Hiya there, Demitris. What’s up?”

Demitris shrugged lightly, “I know him well enough to write a book about him. I’m sure he won’t mind.” Then, he spotted the blondie himself. Demitris smiled a bit, and also saw Dietrich’s smirk. He was up to something. Demitris spoke once more, “Speak of the devil himself.” Around that time, Dietrich attempted to tickle her. Demitris rolled his emerald eyes and sighed, “You don’t mind if she stays at your place for a bit, until she can get on her feet, do you?” (For the sake of not wanting to post with him again for one answer. xD) To which Dietrich replied, “Eh, not an issue at all.” Demitris nodded at Marleigh, “Then it is settled. I should leave. Dietrich, look after her.” Demitris nodded and turned from the direction of which he had come.

Marleigh nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt someone tickle her side. Out of nervous habit she giggled ridiculously and her face blushed bright red. "Thank you. I won't be a bother at all. You'll barely even notice I'm there," she said reassuringly to the blonde boy before turning to Demitris. "And thank you too. Maybe I'll see you around and good luck with your last year of school." As the younger boy turned to walk away Marleigh looked at Dietrich and asked, "You don't happen to know anyone needing help do you? I'm going to have to have a job because my funds are a little low."<i></i>

Dietrich smirked graciously when she jumped and giggled. He always approved of that reaction. Mainly because it was just plain humorous. Dietrich shrugged lightly, "Well, I will hardly be there half the time. I've got games and stuff. Plus, I've always wanted to have people over. All my friends aren't cool enough to drop out like me." He waved to Demitris bye, and turned his attention to Marleigh. He shook his blond head, "Actually, no. But since I'm famous and rich and all, I would be more than happy to assist you in anything. Besides," he winked his blue-green eye at her, "You can only shop at so many places." Dietrich had a lot of money to spare, and couldn't do a thing with it. So, he saved the majority of it for his little brother.

"I...I really wouldn't feel right taking your money. I already feel a little guilty for staying with you and not paying," Marleigh said a bit timidly. She wasn't really sure what she'd gotten herself into, but she was sure that it was definitely doing to be a new adventure for her. This is what you wanted might as well embrace it she thought, putting on a big grin on her face. "Umm, this is all I have with me for now, she said pointing to her guitar case and travel bag, "My friend said she'd send the rest of my things by floo when I wrote telling her where I was staying. Are you connected or do I need to find somewhere else to have her send it to me?" she asked, still not sure how things around here worked as far as magic went.

Dietrich laughed delicately, “Oh, I know how you are now. Girl, don’t you worry about a thing. Just think of me like a friend, or even a dormmate. I am sure I can help you out in ways that you probably would not know. I got connections.” Dietrich smiled charmingly, one of those smiles that he used on girls to get what he wanted. Which was usually something that really wasn’t much value at all. Dietrich glanced over what she had brought, and raised an eyebrow, “That’s it?” But then he registered the ‘for now’ part. “Oh! Yeah, sure, I’m connected of course. Who wouldn’t be, you know?” Dietrich pulled out his wand, and summoned his broom. Once it arrived, he mounted it, and smirked to Marleigh, “You coming along with me or no? I prefer flying.” He chuckled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back