Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Kira
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Mahogany Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Arcturus felt brave enough to make his way down to the kitchens again today in the hope that this time he would not get lost in the dungeons. He didn't know if the directions he had gotten from an older Ravenclaw students would actually lead him toward the kitchens but he remained hopeful as he walked down the grand staircase to the lower levels of the castle. He liked it here it wasn't as scary as he thought it was going to be once he heard the hat say that he had been sorted into a different house than his cousin, he barely even saw Eamon these days due to the fact that the Ravenclaw was constantly walking around and discovering new things about the castle which then distracted him from meeting up with him. Arcturus hoped that the Gryffindor wouldn't take it personally since he couldn't help wanting to know more about the castle. It was enormous, and he seriously wondered if he was ever going to see all of it. Much to his surprise, the first year had successfully found the kitchens after turning a corner he had ignored the last time he had been looking for them. He opened the doors and walked into the room, the smell of baked food entering his nose. Hopefully, the house-elves wouldn't mind making him a snack because all that walking had made him pretty hungry.

The most inconvenient thing about living someplace like Hogwarts was that this castle was just so big, and the layout didn't make any real sense to Domi. She didn't have time to be running up and down all over the place, looking for people and things she needed. Luckily, it had only taken a couple of older students before one had told her about where to find the kitchens, and they were close enough to her awful dormitory that it wasn't difficult to go out of her way when she felt like a snack. Which was just the case now. And surely it wouldn't be too frowned upon to gather up a few extra things to keep in her dorm, just for nibbling later. Or maybe sharing with her roommates if Domi needed an excuse to talk to someone. An apple in her mouth, Domi was piling together a few things she had found in a cupboard when she heard the door open. Looking over guiltily, expecting it to be a Professor, Domi was relieved to instead see another boy in her own year. "Hi!" Domi said happily, removing the apple from her mouth, pleasantly surprised at the opportunity to make a new friend. "Did you come here for snacks too?"

He did not think that someone else would be down here when he opened the door and stepped into the kitchens so much to his surprise smiled at the girl when she greeted him and nodded. ''Not at first I wasn't but I got pretty hungry on the way here,'' the boy answered. It had taken him a couple of days to find the right way toward the kitchens but here he was finally standing in the room he'd been looking for just because he wanted to see a house-elf in person. His family used to own a house-elf called Todrey but they had freed it before he was born so never had the chance to meet the elf. ''Are we allowed to get whatever we want?'' he asked the girl when he looked at the pile of food she had gathered. ''If so, I'd love a slice of pumpkin pie.'' Arcturus stepped further into the room and started looking around for snacks himself. He wondered if students were even allowed set foot in the kitchens so kept glancing up at the door every so often just to be safe.

There had been a lot of dishes and Peekey had been cleaning all morning. Her hands had grown tired, but she kept going. She was doing everything for her bosses. When she arrived back in her favourite place she found it already invaded by some students that thought that the kitchens were a giant supermarket. Which happened fairly often and meant a lot more work for Peekey. Somehow students always managed to get to the kitchens and think they owned the place. Well, they were wrong, the food was made with love and hard work. The elves didn't create food with magic out of thin air, that wasn't even possible. Or did these students think that the food was made by magic and that no one even worked in these kitchens. They were very very wrong and Peekey couldn't stand it any longer. Peekey decided to not let her place be ransacked again. ''You are definitely not allowed to get what you want'' Peekey said sternly. She wasn't going to tolerate this type of students in her kitchens. They already got three meals each day and that seemed to be plenty.

''This isn't a walk-through were you can grab what you desire, we worked really hard on this'' Peekey squeaked, her voice a bit raspy. The students were lucky that she spotted them, there were others that weren't so nice. ''If you students are really hungry go ask for food, but don't steal, noooo don't steal'' What would the boss say about this, this always happened with students.

Domi wasn't sure exactly why the boy would be coming to the kitchens if he wasn't looking for something to eat at first, but she shrugged it off, nodding. "I don't know if I've seen any pumpkin pie but they have it at meals, so it must be somewhere." Before she could start looking though, they were interrupted by some... kind of little creature. Pulling a face, Domi jumped in alarm when it interrupted them. "Eek!" She yelped, face souring even more when it started talking. "What is that?" Domi's face turned to a distinct scowl when the creature started telling them what to do, and she frowned. "Well an older student said I could come here if I was hungry, and I'm hungry, so I'm gonna get some food." She said firmly, not at all interested in listening to something so bizarre looking.

((I'm so sorry ;_; Domi is terrible))

The voice behind him startled Arcturus so much that he let go of the plate he had gotten out of one of the cupboards to put his food on and turned around quickly to see who it belonged to. There in front of him stood exactly what he had been hoping to see when he arrived here. He had never seen one in person before so inspected it closely, wondering if it liked working for the Headmistress or not. He didn't think that he would interact with one so soon after entering the kitchens so the fact that one of them was talking to them was exciting to him, even if it told them not to take whatever they wanted. ''We're sorry,'' he said with an apologetic smile, hoping that the elf wouldn't get angry at them for trying 'steal' food from the kitchens. He chuckled at the girl's reaction to the house-elf, thinking that it was kind of funny before realising that what he was doing wasn't very nice towards the little creature. ''That is a house-elf.'' the Ravenclaw answered, turning around to look at the girl. Although he agreed with the elf that they probably should have asked to get food first, the girl's reasoning made just as much sense. Surely the older students wouldn't lie to them about things such as getting food from the kitchens? Perhaps this house-elf was just being really, really dramatic about it.

The girl seemed to have made herself comfortable in the kitchen and had already and seemed to eat an apple. It was an apple that they were going to use for the apple pie later. It did annoy Peekey, but she kept herself calm. The girl also had this disgusted look on her face, either she hadn't had a clue about house elves or she was one of those students that couldn't care less about others. The boy acknowledged her as a house elf and Peekey nodded.''Don't listen to older students then, they lie.'' Peekey muttered or they just didn't care, but she wasn't telling them that. ''That's still stealing, you can ask if you want something or wait for the next meal, not like we starve you students'' The headmistress liked the house elves and would listen to them if there were annoying students.

''But you are already too late for that.'' Peekey gave a curtly nod to the apple she was holding. Now they had to get a new one for the apple pie that was going to be served.

Dominique raised an eyebrow sceptically at the boy's description. "Well, it doesn't look like any kind of elf I've ever heard of." She said bluntly, glancing down at the ragged little thing. "Aren't they supposed to be tall and handsome and have big bows or something?" When the creature continued to lecture her, Dominique couldn't help rolling her eyes. It was ridiculous to hear something so tiny and squeaky be so self-important. At first it had been a little funny but now she was just getting annoyed. "Look, this food is all for students, right? And I'm a student! So it's not stealing if the food is for me. It shouldn't matter when I get the food, if I eat it here and now or in the Great Hall either way it's getting eaten! And I'm hungry now, so I'm gonna get something to eat now." She said firmly, and picked up a bun from a nearby plate, adding it to the selection already in her arms. "Do you want one?" She asked, turning to the boy.

He stared confusingly at the girl when she described what she thought an elf was and shook his head with a chuckle, thinking that it was rather silly. ''That is definitely not a house-elf,'' Arcturus told her before looking down at the little creature. It wasn't tall or handsome at all and it didn't seem to have a big bow on its back either so he didn't think that she was talking about the ones in front of them. ''I don't think elves like that exist in our world.'' at least not that he knew of. He listened as she went on about it being their food since they were students and ignored the girl when she asked if he wanted a bun as well. The Ravenclaw looked back at the house-elf and asked, ''Look, can't you just make us something then so we wouldn't be stealing anything?'' he did not want to get into trouble and polish the school's many ornate candelabra anytime soon.

Podrey was a tattle-tale, there was no denying that. But when every year there were children making themselves at home in the kitchens, stealing food and messing everything up, he had to be. The moment he'd seen a small girl come in and start taking things that didn't belong to her, he'd apparated out of the kitchens, not wanting to even give her a chance to leave on her own. They had to learn the hard way if they were to learn at all. So, not too long later, the house elf returned with the Headmistress in tow, pointing frantically at the intruders. "There they are! Podrey was right! Thieves in the kitchens! Aren't they, Peekey?" He shouted, giving the two kids an accusatory glare. They were in for it now.

Katherine had been almost rudely interrupted by a house elf appearing in her office, but as she recognised Podrey, with yet another complaint about the students, she decided her work could be put on hold, and followed him down to the kitchens. The house-elf had a habit of over-dramatizing the situation, but as she arrived, it did indeed appear that two first years had taken to ransacking the area and doing as they pleased. "Children, I'm glad you're comfortable here and making yourselves at home. However, it looks like you're getting a little too cosy, don't you think?" Katherine frowned, waving her wand toward the food held by the female. It vanished, to be summoned again at a later point, and she lowered her wand, her expression firm. First years, who had only been there for a few months, yet thought they were running the place. "The house-elves are employed at this school, not your personal slaves. It is incredibly disrespectful to treat them as such. You certainly don't order your parents to make you food, do you? Now, which one of you wants to explain why you're in here stealing food and terrorizing my employees first?"
<i></i>

Geo had spent more time in the IC room than in her common room, and even though most of her friends weren't in there with her she still hoped they'd turn up eventually. One thing their room was missing though was snacks, and after locking the store room door behind her the third year made her way down to the kitchens to stock up. She was surprised that no one had found their room Yet, but given how obscure its location was, Geo was just pleased they managed to get it for themselves.

As she approached the kitchens though her pace slowly a little as she realised she heard voices. Walking slowly into the room she was shocked to see not just two students, but two house elves and the back of the headmistress who seemed to have just caught them stealing. Geo froze, doing her very best not to give away her position, and slowly backed out quickly they way she's come. Once she was free of the kitchens she sighed a little in relief, glad that she'd read up until the end of her Care of Magical Creatures chapter before coming down. Had she been a few minutes quicker she would have found herself in a much worse situation. Turning on her heel she quickly left instead to find the Great Hall.

Dominique was used to improvising, but the speed at which their situation changed was dramatic enough to almost throw her for a loop. She had no concept of how to react when she saw the Headmistress walking through the kitchen door, but the moment another nasty so-called elf called her a thief, Domi knew what to do. Tears sprang to her eyes and she shook her head, sniffling loudly. "I'm not a thief, I'm just a little girl!" She said quickly, shoulders trembling. Feeling the food disappear from her arms was nothing but a relief now. Domi knew she had to really sell this performance, and having her arms free would only help, though the Headmistress's anger was enough to actually shake her a little. Drawing on her genuine fear of getting in trouble, tears began to run down Domi's cheeks and she wiped them away, shaking with sobs. "I'm so-horry!" She choked out between sobs, alternating betwee wiping her eyes and wrapping her arms around herself. "I wasn't tr-trying to ste-heal anything! A b-big kid just said I should-should come he-ere if I was hu-ungry..." She choked out between sobs, looking up at the headmistress with wide, innocent, tearfilled eyes.

The fact that these two acted like they owned the place started to annoy Peekey. Apparently she wasn't the only one that had enough since Podrey had brought the headmistress into the mix. Even the boy seemed to think that they just made food at a moments time. Luckily the headmistress understood how hard they worked, yes she did. Peekey was glad she came and came to save the elves. Peekey nodded when Podrey asked about the thieves.''Firsties thinking they own the place'' Peekey muttered, she was a brave little elf. She also dared do more with the headmistress around. She was very fond of the elves, she even said nice things sometimes. When the girl started to cry Peekey was a bit startled. She didn't like the sound of crying, but then again she did deserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back