Snowy Surprises

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
Two day's ago James had been in France where it was bright and sunny, now he was back in New Zealand where snow covered the ground and a cold wind blew. James Potter did not worry too much about the constant change in clothing since tonight he was finally able to go out to dinner with his darling wife. It felt like ages since Kiera and himself found time to be together, there work was always keepng the pair busy which was almost unfair. The night was still young and James had big plans for his wife, it had been so long since he'd been with his wife. At least it felt as though they'd been apart for so long when it fact it had only been a few weeks. James turned over and smiled at Kiera "Did you enjoy dinner?" he asked with a smile.

Kiera Potter smiled across the table at her husband. It was a rare night tonight that they were able to spend enough time with each other to actually go out to dinner. The young woman missed her husband terribly when they were seperated but for the time being, she saw no other options. Playing on different quidditch teams caused the young couple to be apart from each other far more than the other liked. The pretty brunette was happy tonight to be reunited with James. While they were being stared at and whispered about, it was easy for Kiera to ignore the people in her blissful state. She placed her fork down on her plate before answering James. "Oh it was delicious! I can't believe we have never been here before James!" she exclaimed. The petite woman placed her small hand on his ontop of the table. "Really I'm just glad I'm finally getting to see you." she said, her honey eyes full of warmth and love for her husband.

James smiled at his wife, he was glad that she was enjoying her time since those times were often too short for them to properly enjoy. A woman came by with more wine and began pouring it into their glasses. James smiled and thanked her as he picked up the glass and began sipping. James noticed that Kiera didn't need a refill since her own glass of wine had remained untouch. He wondered why since the brand was of course one of her favorites. "So hard to believe there going to start getting ready for the 431st Quidditch Word Cup next year, wonder where they are going to hold it" James said allowed as he continued making conversation with her. The dinner had been good but James was just thankful that it was one he could spend with Kiera. James looked out the window and saw the snow beginning to touch the ground once more.

Kiera politely thanked the waitress as she refilled James' class, not needing a refill on her own full glass. She had carefully been avoiding it, sipping instead on her tea. It was better to stay away from wine, or any alcoholic beverages, though she could have used a drink for the news that she had to deliver to James. Kiera smiled ironically at James' comment, wondering if she would be playing next year. With her two miscarriages and the healers' opinions on the matter, it would seem that Kiera was unable to have children. Yet, here she was once more having to figure out the words to tell her husband that she was with child for the third time. This seemed like her oppurtunity. It would be better, easier if she just spit it out. The meal was done with and the news delayed long enough. "Oh, um yes well that is hard to believe." she said with a smile. "I wish I was going to have the oppurtunity to play but um James...I have some news to tell you and I haven't been able to get it out so far." Kiera said, wondering how James would react to her latest news. "I'm pregnant."

James frowned at first as he thought about how he should take the news, he wasn't sure on how Kiera herself wanted to handle things since she had miscarried in the past leaving the healers to declare that it was next to impossible for her to carry a child to full term. He then smiled though it was not as strong as he would've liked. They had been happy by such news in the past but after seeing the heartache that always seemed to come afterwards, James was not sure he had the strength to go through it again. He was weary of the pain that came with seeing his wife in such sadness but he also knew that the pair did want a child deeply. James took a large sip of his wine glass as he thought about what he was going to say, "what do you want to do?" James asked wondering if perhaps Kiera had thought about terminating the pregnancy now rather than risk the loosing the baby like they had before. What ever her decision, he would support her the best he could.

Kiera watched her husband anxiously. Her concern mounted as she saw the frown cross his face. Kiera knew that the past two miscarriages had been rough on both husband and wife. It was emotionally and physically draining for her to suffer through two losses. The healers had informed the couple that children were not in the best interest of Kiera's health due to her extremely thin figure. It was unlikely that she would ever be able to carry a child to full term. Both Kiera and James were aware of that fact so it was not surprising when James asked Kiera what she wanted to do. The brunette knew he was really asking her if she wanted to terminate this pregnancy. The emotional affect of the miscarriages was not something Kiera wanted to go through again. Their marriage was difficult enough with the public pressure and the limited time together. Kiera wasn't completely sure that their relationship could substain another loss. A third miscarriage would be too unbareable.

Even so, Kiera found herself answering without much consideration. "I can't willingly give up on our child. " she said, her honey eyes looking back at her husband. The young woman knew the words she spoke were true. There was no way Kiera could let her child slip through her fingertips without allowing them a fighting chance. "I know what the healers said, but I just can't get rid of our child. Its part of me already." Kiera told him, anxiety, worry and stress all wrapped up inside her tone. She looked at James, concerned, hoping that he too felt the way that she did.

James thought about it for a moment, he wanted to make his wife happy and be supportive but he also knew the truth of the situation. "I love you Kiera, but I think you shouldn't rush into this without giving it some thought" James said kindly. The Healers had told James after the second miscarriage that her chances of having a baby grew slimmer and slimmer and so James didn't want her to have to go through the pain again. "I know you really want to have a baby, we both do" James said feeling himself grow a little more apprehensive. "I just don't want you to get your hopes up and end up dissapointed, you've already lost so much of yourself before" James said as he placed a hand over her's. "I just think you should think about what your asking yourself to go through" James said hating to be the bearer of bad news but not allowing himself or Kiera to enter another situation that could lead them to another devastating heart ache.

Kiera looked at her husband with incredulous eyes. Her pink lips turned down into a frown and her brow furrowed. Was James seriously asking Kiera to do what she thought he was asking her to do? He wanted her to give up their child? Her mouth formed a pout as she listened to what her husband had to say. James was thinking logically and mostly concerned for Kiera's well being. It was true that her chances of having the baby and surviving its birth were next to none. Kiera withdrew her hand from him as he tried to rest his hand on top of hers. Her honey eyes flashed with anger at his words as she shook her head. "James, I can't do that. I know what you mean but I just can't give up on our baby." she told him, her voice shaking slightly. She knew that another miscarriage would be the end of her. "I..I just can't. I want this child and I have to give it a chance to fight!" Kiera told him, watching his face for a reaction. "I won't give up." she said stubbornly.

James looked into her eyes, he didn't want to upset her or make her think that he didn't want to have a child. So he erased his frown from his face and smiled. "If that's what you want than I'll support you, I love you Kiera and I just don't want to see you hurt again" James said hoping that she would see the sincerity in his voice and understand where he was coming from. The idea of going through another pregnancy only to end in pain was not something James wanted to see happen. They had a baby's room already set up in their house though the door always remained closed. James wanted desperately for Kiera to be able to open that door and lay their child down inside of it. "Have you told anyone else?" James asked wondering if he was the first to know. If so than he would prefer to keep it a secret for a little while so as not to get everyone's hopes and fears up in a frenzy. James wished desperately that this would be their time to finally have the family both of them wanted so much.

Kiera's face relaxed as she heard James say he would in fact support her. Tension had been growing in the pit of her stomach, fearing that this would end up in a major fight. Kiera was relieved that this was not the case. She so desperately wanted this child, his child, that she would do anything that she could to make this work out. Kiera knew James loved her and only wanted the best for her. She was his primary focus. "It's what I want." Kiera confirmed, taking his hand now. "Thank you. That means a lot to me. And I love you too. " she said, in a softer tone. A smile touched her beautiful face, lighting it up. "We just have to hope for the best." the brunette said, in a positive voice. That was how Kiera planned on making it through this. With a positive disposition. Kiera shook her head at James' question. "No, of course not. I wanted you to be the first to know." she said, a slight smile on her face.

Hope, it seemed to be all that they had going for them but that wouldn't make the next nine months any easier. If Kiera was even going to have a chance at being able to carry the child to full term it would mean that James would have to ensure that she was not only safe but also relaxed. James didn't want anything to go wrong this time, he didn't want to see the anguish in Kiera's eyes anymore. "Perhaps it's for the best, just for the time being" James said as she mentioned that she had not told anyone else. "We should wait until we talk to the healers and discuss some options on how to keep you and the baby safe" James said with a smile as he took another sip of his wine. He knew that he couldn't hide the fact that he was worried for her but at least he could support her the best way that could possibly think of. He wondered if perhaps he should talk to his Aunt Hermione just to see if she might be able to think of something that would help them. The question would be in how to ask her without letting her know that they were expecting.

Kiera nodded her head, listening to everything that James had to say. He was right. Not telling their friends and family would probably be for the best, at least for the next few months. She didn't want to get their hopes up too. Kiera was practical enough to realize that the chances of having this baby were slim. Kiera didn't want her family and friends to suffer the same disappointment and pain that she knew James and herself would suffer if this baby did not make it. The most important thing was to talk to the healers as soon as possible. That would be the best chance for mother and baby. Kiera smiled at her husband, hoping to soothe some of his worries. "I agree. It can be our little secret for now." she said, grinning at James. How much of their relationship had been devoted to secrecy after all? "We probably should talk to the healers soon. When do you think we should go see them?" she asked him, knowing his schedule with the Cannons was hectic. "Oh, what am I going to tell the Harpies? I can't tell them I'm pregnant! But I can't practice either..." Kiera said, her smile fading into a frown at the delima.

James thought about when would be best for Kiera and himself to go to Saint Mungo's to talk to the Healers. It was not as simple as it would be for normal couples since they were followed by a certain gossiping blond at times throughout the year and James was sure that she would love a chance to expose the secrete they were going to keep. "Well I think you could get away with telling your manager your sick, we could see about getting a note from the Healers, we should go as soon as possible" James said as he looked into Kiera's honey eyes and smiled. "For now though, I think we should be happy" James said even if it was somewhat difficult to be happy about. "This is good news for us, our family will soon be more" James said feeling himself start to believe that this was going to at last be their chance to have the family they both desired. He could feel the lump that was inside his stomach start to become smaller as he thought about it. "I love you Kiera Potter, with everything that I am" James said with a loving smile.

Kiera smiled, as she listened to what her husband had to say. A note from the Healers at St. Mungos would certainly keep her off the pitch for the time being. She probably needed the manager to release a statement about her illness, or that pesky Vandervoort would start to get too curious. Kiera gazed lovingly at James as he said they should be happy. And Kiera was happy. She was most certainly glad that he had come around to the idea. Though, in the pit of her stomach, Kiera knew that this was their last chance. The last chance at complete happiness and a larger family. Neither James nor Kiera could handle anymore attempts at a family. Kiera squeezed her husband's larger hand that she was holding in her own. "I love you too." she said, her eyes crinkling with her smile. "It will be good. Everything will perfect. I know it. Just wait and see." Kiera said, leaning across the table to kiss James lightly on his lips.

"I know everything will be perfect" James said with a smile as he looked at his beloved. James wanted desperately to make that true but their was still alot that could go wrong with everything. It would have to be their responsibility to ensure that Kiera was relaxed at all times so that nothing would even be given a chance to go wrong. James looked around the restaurant at all the happy people enjoying their dinners, he couldn't help but feel happy but also worried. It just didn't seem fair for him that he and his wife should have to endure so much just to have what others are able too so easily. It was his fault though for not protecting his wife from that monster that dwelled in Bleak Street, James should've fought harder to protect his wife. He had wondered ever since the first miscarriage if Kiera had secretly resented him for not being able to protect her more. He was sure it was just his imagination but it was hard to say for sure.

Kiera hoped, maybe in vain, that they would both end up being right. It was hard to say with the past in mind. Dark magic had wounded her severely on Bleak Street. It was neither James nor Kiera's fault. The young brunette did not resent her husband for that night, a couple of years ago. Her mind nagged her, reminding her of a conversation with Link one night, several months ago. He had been delusional, promising that if she had married him instead, none of these horrible things would have been happening to her. Kiera knew in a part of her heart that he was right. Only, the good days and nights with James made it worth every wound that his enemies, or rather her father-in-law's enemies, could deal out. Kiera loved her husband with her entire heart. She wouldn't change a thing. Kiera smiled at James, her facial features soft and relaxed. "Are you ready to go home?" she asked him, knowing it was getting late. Kiera was not fond of traveling late at night. It seemed that's what had started all of this trouble anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back