Smile though you're heart is aching; smile even though its breaking

Aimee Darkhart

OOC First Name
Micah
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Aimee made her way slowly through the strangely deserted corridor, her heavy footfalls echoing impressivly in the silence. The silence proved useful giving her time to think away from the unsubtle whisperings that tended to follow her where ever she went. Her eyes cast to the ground she sighed wishing that the idiots would realize what fools they were for believing the nonsense that came out of her 'sisters' mouth. It wasn't true in the slightest, she had never done anything to hurt anyone, sure she had gone a little off the rails when Alaina died but that was hardly a reason to mae her life miserable. 'Why can't she just leave it in the past?' she found herself thinking as she heard footsteps. Glancing up she sighed once more at the approaching figure. "What do you want now?" she asked her face slipping into the expressionless mask that was always present whenever her sister was around.

Annalie was on her way back to the Ravenclaw common room. A list of new rumours circulating her head and she was eager to put them into affect. As she turned a corridor she smirked as her adopted sister Aimee came into view. 'Perfect,' she thought drawing up to her, she smiled sweetly. "Oh nothing, how are you? Smoking again? How about cutting classes or perhaps tearing you hair out, trying in vain to once again become that girl that everyone pitied? Well wake up sister," she drawled putting particular emphisis on the word 'sister' "You'll never be that girl again. You are nothing but a...big...disapointment!" she added jabbing her in the shoulder with her fingernail with every word. Chuckling quietly as Aimee's eyes filled with tears she glanced over her shoulder. Standing behind her sister was another girl looking at her. "Don't you know it's rude to stare?!" She sneered a frown furrowing her forehead. This was between her and Aimee, not some stupid girl who had the nerve to stand in on there 'conversation.'

Briar was making her way along up a sudden stair case heading back to the gryfindor house when she heard someone in the corridor behind the tapestry. she thought that she heard arguing. after waiting a few minutes she had heard enough, she did't know who it was but she knew that the person needed help. taking a deep breath she burst through the fabric. she saw three girls in the corridor, she could tell that one of them was just passing and from the expression on her face she guessed that the younger one was the one that had been talking. "Enough is enough don't you think. If you want to have your little arguments please may you do them in private, the rest of us would like some pice and quiet" she said. nodding at each of them. she looked at the younger one and said "maybe you should get going, before a professor comes along." she wasn't sure what would go down but she was ready for anything.

Without warning Aimee's eyes filled with angry tears tears. Annalie's creul words stung like a knife, causing all air to escape from her lungs. She took several deep breaths trying not to faint, giving her 'sister' and excuse to come up with another rumour, maybe that she was anorexic or something and was fainting from lack of eating. As the world stopped spinning, she drew herself up to full height and glanced over her shoulder at the girl looking in on their conversation until she turned and scurried off. Still unable to speak she heard a student come up behind her speaking to the both of them. Aimee turned to look at the new arrival, her frown not looking at all impressive with the accompaning tear tracks down her pale cheeks. "Sorry if my 'sister' has disturbed you. She doesn't seem to know when to stop when it comes to insulting me because of my EVERY FAULT!" she replied her voice shaking with built up anger and hurt. She had the urge to slap Annalie but held back, not wanting to get in any trouble. Aimee looked hard at her sister hoping she would just leave and leave the fighting for another time.

Annalie couldn't help but laugh at her 'sisters' pathetic reaction to her words. She knew she was always weak, this just proved it to everyone. As the strange girl ran off under Aimee's heavy gaze she smirked, "So you actually have a touch Slytherin in you. Just a hint mind you." Opening her mouth to let loose with another insult she was interuppted by the arrival of the new girl and Aimee speaking. Scowling she narrowed her eyes. "Well, I don't see anyone around here to disturb apart from you, and I'm sure as soon as you leave you would get the peace and quiet you so desperately crave. Now if you would excuse me I have unfinished business to attend to!"she hissed menacingly her arms folded.

"well you don't see anyone because they are all in the classrooms" she said gesturing to the wall, lined with doors. "It may do you good to remember that even though you are not in class other people are and just a hint from past experience, the professors tend to give pretty strict detention to people who disturb their classes, especially fifth and seventh years which these to are" she said gesturing to the nearest door. she remembered in her first year when she was still getting used to the castle, some smart professor gave her detention, and she had to look for some rare creatures in the forest at night, what they hadn't realised on was that she was made for forest life and found that detention on of the best things anyone had ever made her do.
After finishing with the younger sister she smiled at the older one and chuckled at her response. "I hate it when its too quiet. it makes the whole place seem dead, and you didn't disturb me i was just on my way up to the common room but i thought that you needed help. I'm briar be the way" she said offering her hand to shake, as she knew that this was the normal protocol.

Annalie poked her tongue out at Briar she felt an urge to scream at the Gryffindor telling her to go away and leave them to the 'chat.' But knowing however that she if she didn't leave a professor would intervine and she would be the one in trouble, she smiled sweetly. "Fine then, We'll finish this later." she said to Aimee. Turning to Briar she batted her eyelashes in an attempt to look innocent. "And I would hope in future that you keep out of other peoples business and mind YOURS!" she yelled before flipping her hair over her shoulder and storming off.

Aimee smiled weakly at Briar as her 'sisters' dark hair bounced around the corner and out of sight and she let out the breath she didn't know she was holding. "Er... Thanks." she muttered not sure that she wanted or had needed the help that this nice enough girl had given her. "I'm Aimee. That 'delightful creature' was my adoptive parents real daughter Annalie. She's had it out for me for as long as I can remember." she shrugged nochalantly and took the girls hand. "I'm just sorry you had to meet her at all. Of all the Darkharts you could have met, you had to pick that one." she laughed taking her hand back and quickly wiping away the tears that had fallen from the fight. "So... yeah... um sorry again about her, I'll make sure she gets her just deserts from our mother..." she said letting her sentence trail off not knowing what to say next.

briar raised an eyebrow at the younger girl as she stuck her tongue out. "I cant wait to finish this" she said watching her walk away. she smiled at the look on the other girls face. "Nice to meet you Aimee. and don't worry about Annalie, most of the snakes are like it, i'm used to it, and i know what it is like to have an adopted family dislike you" she said assuming that the younger girl was a slytherin and she wasn't quite sure where the older one was possibly a puff. "are you okay?" she asked we should get you cleaned up" she said gesturing towards a nearby bathroom, she could see that the girl was crying and just wanted to make her better.

Aimee chuckled unhumorously. "Actually I'm the snake, Annalie's a Ravenclaw. Sometimes I have to wonder if we got mixed up... She is defiantly the evil one!" she said, trying to keep away from the whole subject, she actually knew exactly why she was sorted into slytherin in her first year and was extremely ashamed of her past actions. She managed a weak smile "My family never used to not like me... She started spreading rumours that have completley killed everyones opinions of me..." She muttered finally letting some of the tears she was holding back go. "Yeah... I'd better get cleaned up." she agreed following Briar into the bathroom. Peering in the mirror at her red eyes and nose that contrasted greatly against her white skin, "I look a sight!" she cried laughing at what she saw. "Don't you think?" she asked.

Briar cringed slightly as Aimee said she was a awake. "sorry. I never really thought of slytherins being picked on". she said trying to make up for what she had said. most people got very house proud. and then they got insulted if people thought they were in the wrong house, or insulted their house. "I am sure peoples opinions of you have fallen that much. and those rumors are as see through as a Demiguise, there is not way you have smoked at all, I can smell smoke from a league away. you just need to prove the rest of what she says wrong" she said not caring what terms she used, muggle, magic or centaur.
when they got into the bathroom she looked at the girl in the mirror. "you dont look a sight. you just need to splash some cold water onto your face, it seriously helps she said

Aimee shrugged, she was used to having her house confused, in fact it wasn't anything new at all. "Don't worry about it okay? I'm used to it. I guess it just proves that I'm not as strong as I used to be..." she chuckled dryly trying to make light of the whole thing as much as possible. She had never been very house proud, being in slytherin was far from her ideal. It was her ideal that she was sorted into ravenclaw with Alaina, enjoying Hogwart for all that it was worth not dreading every morning; but a hideous trick of fate made so this would NEVER happen. She snapped back into reality with a jolt after a few moments of silent daydreaming. Blushing she sighed, 'smoking'! Much to her utter horror it was one of few things that came out of her sisters mouth that actually had some kind of truth behind it. Not that she was proud of it, it was one time, a reckless ciggarette when she was still extremely cut up about losing Alaina. ' I was 9 for crying out loud, I didn't know what I was doing to myself!' she thought on her own defence. "Er...Yes..." she muttered, knowing that if she told Briar the truth about this, that she surely judge her because of it like everyone else had. Hastily before the reddening of her cheeks gave anything away she turned on the tap, "Thanks," she whispered splashing her face liberaly with cold water a couple of times, "Not everyone would be as kind." she added with a small smile.

Briar was glad that Aimee didn't seem offended by her little mistake. "No i think that it proves you are stronger. anyone can get annoyed, or offended, it takes strength to put it behind you." she said. she had an idea Aimee was hiding something but she didn't know what and she didn't mind. "don't mention it. I haven't really done anything. she said reaching into her small bag. she pulled out a couple of berries. "If you rub this around your eyes it takes the puffiness away, plus they taste good" she said, popping one into her mouth. she had been brought up with a strong knowledge of plants and over the last few years she had tried remedies she knew for slightly different ailments. this was one of them, she had used it a few times for different things and she knew it would work. "just a little remedy i know" she said winking, " i have enough in here to cure, or at least help anything from bruises to doxy bites" she said. flicking a little water at the mirror, she was still not used to her reflection in the mirror.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back