Smashing the music

Nina Patrokov

OOC First Name
Alexis
Wand
Yellowheart with a mix of satinwood and a core of pixie dust.
</COLOR>
Nina’s current mood: heartbroken, cold, miserable and mean.
<COLOR color="#9300C4">

Boys. That is why Nina’s mood had changed so rapidly over the last few months that it could give someone whiplash. Unfortunately, there was nothing she could do about it, or she didn’t believe so anyhow. One of her best friends from Hogwarts Scotland, and her boyfriend had hurt her so completely, that she wasn’t sure how and when she would heal. The fact that he had the gull to lie straight to her face got her, as well as the cheating. Brogan Swan had broken this fifteen year-old’s heart. He had tried to turn it against her, tried to say that it was their fault they didn’t work because she didn’t leave school for him. And now, Nina believed him.

This girl, wasn’t one that was easily manipulated, but she had been, and now she was bashing herself with every hurtful word, thought and action she could. The normal, rational Nina Patrokov would be able to tell that she was being foolish, and that he was a disgusting pig, but she wasn’t the normal, rational Nina Patrokov, she was the hurt, and betrayed Nina. This Nina didn’t do well at all. She wasn’t eating because she simply wasn’t hungry, her eyes hurt from tears, and had stopped wearing her contacts because they hurt so much and had returned to wearing her glasses twenty-four, seven.

In between all of this, Nina could be found walking out of the castle, during Muggle Studies, and towards the grounds. Not wanting to stir so much attention and walk into the forest, she walked further and further on the grounds, she found the cliffs on the Hogwarts New Zealand grounds. As she stood over them, in an eerie fashion, tears poured out of her sad hazel eyes, before slumping down and taking her wand out and summoning her acoustic guitar.

Nina was in the mood to play, she was in the mood to expel her anger in anyway possible. It was too much for her to handle but she didn’t know how to fix it, she was broken. As the guitar arrived in her hands, she set down her wand and placed it over her lap and began singing and playing a song more to herself then to anyone.

However, before she could finish singing it salty, wet tears spilled out of her eyes and she stood up and let out a huff before smashing her guitar on the ground. Nina didn’t care that she was being dramatic, she didn’t see anyone else around here and she was hurting, so she was going to let it out one way or another.

Noah had been totally anti social, he didn't want to see anyone, talk to anyone or even make eye contact with anyone. This was finally getting to the sixth year Slytherin. Sure he could survive awhile without human contact but now it was really starting to bother him.

Deciding to leave the empty Slytherin dorm room, Noah brushed his hair to the side realizing how long and shaggy it had gotten. Maybe he should actually clean himself up more, cut his hair in the meaning. Though Noah doubted that would happen. He just didn't feel like it. Plus it would probably annoy his new step mother which would bring him happiness so much happiness. The thought brought a smile to his face.

Yet the smile faded as he walked outside to the cliffs noticing Nina nonetheless smashing a guitar. "Whoa Whoa" Noah said walking up to her sensing that she was not in the best mood in the world. This probably wasn't the smartest situation to enter upon but really Noah wasn't the smartest boy in the world. "Calm down Nina" Noah said knowing that saying calm down never really helped. Usually it made things worse. "Are you ok?" He asked finally noticing the tears that she had been crying.

”Are you ok?”

Nina dropped her guitar and looked over at Noah, through her tears and her glasses. “He.. he hurt me,” she whispered painfully as she draped her arms around her friend. She had a feeling that this would make him feel uncomfortable, but she desperately needed a friend that wasn’t Alex to hug, he was just so uncomfortable around her since they broke up last summer, not that she really could blame him, but she thought they had gotten over that.

Not knowing what to do at all, she leaned her arms up against her chest, but kept herself close to him, wanting some sort of comfort, but she knew that she wouldn’t get it until she got over Brogan, and convinced herself that she hadn’t actually loved him, and that it was just what she had thought in the heat of the moment.

Noah tired to put a smile on his face, but it was extremely hard with the sight of Nina. She looked like she had been crying awhile and for once in the longest time, Noah was looking at her with her glasses on. Something had happened and that brotherly instinct of who he was going to end up hunting was coming to mind.

"It's ok" Noah said softly as he wrapped his arms around her having the first human contact in the longest time. Something that Noah needed but it wasn't about him at the moment, never was it. It was about Nina.

Though with the simple words that came out of Nina's mouth, Noah couldn't help but feel the anger brewing inside of him. "What did he do?" Noah said looking down at Nina his tone obvious that he would go out and figure things out for himself if need be. Noah was always extremely protective over his friends and Nina maybe more than others. If someone had hurt her, they were going to have to deal with Noah. "You don't need to cry over that Broden, Bogen or whatever his name was" Noah said his voice still soft hating to see Nina upset at all.

Nina looked up at Noah, and sighed, seeing that he was becoming his usual protective self, it wasn’t that it wasn’t nice of him; she just felt badly that she was doing this when they hadn’t seen each other in so long. “He cheated on me,” she answered with a wince, as she rested her head under his, taking in his warmth as much as she could. She looked up at him and tried on a fake smile, but of course it faltered into an even larger frown, she didn’t want Noah to hurt Brogan, well at least not consciously she didn’t, subconsciously she wanted the bast*red to get what was coming to him.

“I’m sorry, I don’t mean to worry you with my fickle problems,” she said with a shake of her head, trying to act like she wasn’t completely torn apart inside, but she of course knew that he could see through her façade, and see that she didn’t know what to do with herself now that she had left him, and that he was with that sl*t , Candy.

posting as^^

Noah was of coarse shocked by the answer that Nina had given him. He cheated on her Noah thought the thought almost unbelievable. Though this sixth year did not show shock or even surprise on his face. What a stupid move that Brogan had made. Nina was such a good person, one of Noah's best mates for years. How could anyone ever cheat on her? Even though Noah wished he could give some advice to help with this situation, he really couldn't. Noah was no expert in realationships as had been shown many times before. He always seemed to mess something up.

"I don't mind listening to your problems" Noah said truthfully. Really he didn't at all. Last time they had spoken, Noah opened up just slightly about his own father and situation with his mother. But now it was Nina's turn to vent, not that it needed to be a turn taking type of friendship.

Noah didn't really know what to do in this situation. He really just wanted to help Nina, take the pain that she was feeling. Though no matter how much he wanted to Noah knew he really couldn't. "I'm sorry Nina" Noah said finally looking out over the cliffs that he had actually never visited before. Probably the best move as the place had an air to it that Noah wasn't fond of. "I mean it really is his loss. If he is dumb enough to cheat on you, you deserve so much better" he said looking down at her printing a geniune smile on his face.

Nina turned her head towards where Noah was looking, and sheepishly took his hand in hers. “Thanks Noah,” she whispered, showing how truly thankful she was that he was here with her; that he was her friend, in fact her closest one. She knew that she was being dramatic, so she just squeezed his hand softly and stayed silent, letting his warmth sink into her as much as she could. She rubbed her eyes from between her glasses roughly as she glared across the cliffs, letting her gaze fall on the body of water.

“You’re the best,” she said truthfully, and lovingly, but not in a way that meant that she wanted to date him, her feelings were purely platonic, well now they were. She had had feelings for him once upon a time, but she was too tired and fed up with everything to actually like anyone in that way. “Perhaps I should become a nun,” she said humorously, though there was some sort of truth to her words, she was fed up with boys, she just wanted to get rid of her own feelings, and become completely blank, but that wasn’t her and she couldn’t do that.

posting as ^^

Noah smiled softly as she took his head. Gently he rubbed his thumb over her hand a few times his gaze remaining out at the cliffs that seemed to show how little of this New Zealand home Noah knew or at least had been to. Maybe being a hermit wasn't going to solve all his problems. Sad enough he realized this only from looking at the vast view of the cliff or maybe it was more that he was realizing it when he was here with Nina someone that really he had missed in his time hiding away.

Though Noah couldn't help but laugh when Nina said she should become a nun. Shaking his head slightly feeling his hair shake along, again the thought that he was desperately in need of a hair cut fell into his mind for only a moment, before his thoughts drifted back to Nina's comment. "Do not become a nun" He said the smile on his face still. The image of Nina dressed up like a nun appeared in his mind only to create one last remaining laugh.

"I don't think becoming a nun would solve your problems anyway" He said his tone serious as the statement was indeed what Noah believed to be the truth. "You'd just be running away from everything" He continued "And well dressing in those very unattractive outfits" He added his laugh coming through for a moment.

Looking still out over the cliff, Noah smiled his mind finally finding a small amount of peace. "You are going to need a new guitar as well aren't you?" Noah added thinking that he had never pictured Nina the type to actually take her anger out at something so beloved, but still maybe that was just what she had needed that moment. If so, it was worth it. Much like the time Noah had thrown the muggle dvd player out the window back home after his big fight with his father. Even though Noah couldn't watch movies for the whole summer break it was almost worth it to let out that anger and get a rather amusing reaction from his father.

Nina couldn't hold back an appreciative smile as she felt Noah's thumb slid up and down against her small hand, she had missed him terribly in their time apart, it had been too much. "I've missed you," she said, airing her thoughts of her best friend aloud, hoping that this didn't make her seem pathetic.

As Noah laughed, a small smile appeared on her lips, she loved his laugh. This led her to ask herself why she actually felt this way so much. You're just being a stupid emotional girl, and you don't like him that way, she decided nervously. Nina was hurting and that was why it she was thinking like this.

"Of course I'm not going to be a nun, you silly boy," she said before smiling weakly at his words about her guitar. "I'll just get my Grandma to fix it, she owes me something and I'm not buying a new one, it means more to that to me," she said honestly, smiling sheepishly at him once more.

"I'm embarassed at myself, sorry you had to see that Noah," she said, as she hugged him warmly. Nina kissed his cheek gently and closed her puffy, blood shot eyes as she continued to hug him. "Thanks for being here for me," she breathed sadly.

couldn't think of anything

Actually a bit happier than Noah had been in ages, he couldn't help but have a soft smile almost engraved in his face. Why was it everytime something seemed so terrible to happen that Noah just wanted to crawl into his small Slytherin dorm and never come out that he found his way to bumping into Nina and everything cleared up a bit. Not daring to go further into that thought, Noah looked down at her glad that she wasn't serious about becoming a nun. All Noah could think about with that word 'nun' was those old ladies that taught Catholic school. Not even close to Nina, not even close.

"Well your grandmother might just have to be a miracle worker" Noah said smiling at her even though Noah wasn't sure how the topic of Nina's grandmother was sitting with her lately. It had been awhile since the two of them had talked. Hopefully Nina and her grandmother had gotten onto wonderful terms but with the simple statement that she owed Nina, Noah doubted it was too likely. "But either way the guitar will be back to new and soon you will be playing it once more" Noah said rolling his eyes playfully as if that was a bad thing to have Nina playing again. Actually, though Noah would probably never admit it to her, he liked when she played and sang, the few times that he had caught her actually in that act of doing so.

"No need to be sorry" Noah repeated as he once again embraced her back in a hug a bit caught off guard with the light kiss on the cheek but one his toes enough not to blush. You would think at the age of sixteen Noah would be more used to a simple friendly kiss on the cheek but it seemed that certain things like that were not second nature to this boy.

"And you shouldn't be embarrassed. Everyone has a melt down every once and awhile" He said teasing slightly even though the fact was true. "But it looks like you need a bit of rest" He added softly looking at how blood shot Nina's eyes really were. Of coarse he knew that was probably from crying, but what couldn't be fixed with food and sleep. Noah had yet to come upon anything that couldn't at least be helped by it. Maybe that was just due to the fact that he was a teenage boy. "And maybe a bite to eat" He added. There was normal Noah always thinking about food. Smiling slightly he rubbed Nina's back gently. "You know I'll always be here for things like this." He added.

Even though Noah was not a huge believer in fate something had dragged him out of his dorm and unto the cliffs today. If that wasn't fate telling him to come help a friend, Noah didn't know what was. Maybe I should pay more attention to Divination Noah thought absentmindedly knowing very well that he rarely went to the class even when the time had come that he was supposed to. Really Noah hadn't been in any classes for the past...., well for awhile.

Lame I know but I am so tired right now

Nina smirked as Noah rolled his eyes as he spoke about when she played her guitar, and sang. "I've never played when I was with you, so unless you were lurking around me..." she said playfully, deciding not to go any further with that thought, because if he had seen her play she would probably get flustered and blush a lot. Sure she had been in a choir at her church back in both London and Borgholzhausen, Germany, but usually when she sang privately it really wasn't meant for anyone elses ears as she felt music was something private.

"And you shouldn't be embarrassed. Everyone has a melt down every once and awhile."

Nina scowled playfully at him and scoffed, "I did not have a melt down, there was just.. umm.. a bug on my guitar." She laughed softly, although it was obvious in the harmony of it that she certainly was not over everything that she had just expelled. As Noah said that she needed a bit of rest her eye brows rose. "I've done nothing but sleep," And cry, she added in her mind, not daring to say that aloud, although she was certain that it was obvious from her eyes. When he mentioned getting a bite to eat she averted her hazel eyes from his blue orbs, the truth was she hadn't been eating much, if at all.

Nina had been in such a tizzy that all she ate was things that really couldn't sustain a fifteen year old girl, or anyone for that matter. So it wouldn't be a surprise to her when she collapsed, because she really wasn't hungry. She was disgusted with herself. And some how between the not eating, she had gained a few pounds, and was now loosing it again, making her smaller then she already was, which was very petite. It was quite unhealthy really.

"You know I'll always be here for things like this."

Nina nodded her head lightly and said, "I know, I just hate that when we see each other lately, either one of us has some venting to do." She looked up at Noah, the light in her eyes, some how finding it's way back as she smiled weakly at him. "I've missed you," she said gently. "I really need to get out more, and stop studying so much for OWLs," she laughed pathetically. Really the last time she had been out was when she had seen Harri off.

EDITED

Love his new siggy BTW

Noah smiled as Nina spoke about her playing. "Well you never know. I lurk around quite a bit" Noah added playfully. He decided not to just come out and say that he had heard her play before. It didn't seem like the right time to add that. Usually when he heard her sing they were songs that probably she hadn't expected anyone to be listening to nonetheless Noah to be listening to them. Maybe he would mentioned it on a later date.

Laughing a bit at her explaination or at least an attempt for an explaination as to why she had actually broken down. "Oh well must have been a huge bug" Noah said smiling his tone amused. He could tell that Nina was not yet up to herself but still she hoped she was doing slightly better then when he had found her in the first place.

"Well then forget sleep and we will just eat. Trust me I could always eat" He added smiling "Plus we need to get some food into you before you fade away" Noah said knowing that it was probably because Nina was so upset that she hadn't been eating right. Actually she looked quite thin and frail. Nothing a few meals at the school could fix, at least Noah hoped that was it.

Smiling his normal smile as Nina admitted that she had missed him. "I missed you too. Really you just have to drag me out of that dorm more often and we can hang out" Noah said knowing that Nina could not go into the dorm but still it was just the comment. Though with the comment on Owls Noah let out a laugh. "Oh yes you have to take owls" He said shaking his head slightly as he remembered how much time and effort he put into those stupid test last year. "You'll be fine though. They aren't too bad" He went on thinking how he survived owls and really that was all that mattered.

((Thanks I was so bored of other one and I wanted to mess around with some simple textures))

"Well you never know. I lurk around quite a bit"

Once more did Nina's eye brows arch. She smiled at him and shook her head softly, her brown locks slipped out of the loose elastic as she did so, making her seem more wild and naturalistic then she usually appeared. Trying to stop herself from smiling too widely she curled her top lip down and bit on it as she looked at him, almost forgetting that she was still wrapped in his arms because she was so comfortable. Something she really hadn't been in a while.

"Plus we need to get some food into you before you fade away."

The strawberry-blond parading around as a brunette rolled her eyes at Noah. "I'm not that small," she said, as if she was trying to shake off the truth. He was right, she needed to get a few square meals in, but she didn't have the time. Professor Merrythought had already contacted her about her slipping grades and she couldn't do any worse then she already was. It would be heartbreaking for her, and her Grandmother would probably send her back to Hogwarts Scotland where her grades were top notch.

"I missed you too. Really you just have to drag me out of that dorm more often and we can hang out"

At this point Nina Patrokov was beaming at Noah. She had a feeling that they both just needed to hang out, and forget their problems even if it was just for a little bit. "Sounds great, love," she chirped, not realizing that she had called him love, she said that to everyone, it was just normal because she had lived in London for so long. "Well I hope so, one of my professors brought me into her office the other day to speak about my dwindling grades," she shrugged, as if that wasn't eating her up inside, which is was.

[Hayley walked around the grounds, she was looking for Nina Patrokov, her cousins ex girlfriend. She had a letter to give to her, off her cousins brother, Zak.
She had been searching for her for an hour, she felt extremly guilty for what Brogan had done to the fifth year, so she hadnt hesitated when Zak asked her to find Nina and give her the letter.

As she was about to give up and return to her dorm, she walked along the cliffs, she knew they were out of bounds, but she quite liked walking along here. As she looked around, she noticed someone who looked like Nina, with a boy. Hayley walked slowly over to them, as she got closer she realised it was Nina.

When she had reached them, she cleared her throat,
'Um, Nina? I have a letter, off my cousin, he said to give it to you.'Hayley handed the older girl the letter, and walked away with a quick smile.

Nina,
I dont know how to apoligise more. My brother is an Ahole. Im so sorry he hurt you. I know that you maybe dont want to speak to me, because well, im Brogans brother. And honestly ive never been more ashamed to be so.
I havnt spoken to Brogan since i found out what happened, and ive made sure Hayley hasnt either. I never thought he'd do that, to you of all people! You made him happy, but frankly, i can see why Candy lured him in, she is such a tart!
Anyway,
i was wondering if you'd like to meet up when your on a break, or out for the weekend? We havnt spoke in a long time i know, but i still care for you.
Get back to me please,
Zak xx

Nina had still been awaiting Noah's resopnse, when a girl she vaguely recognized come over to she and Noah. "Um, Nina? I have a letter, off my cousin, he said to give it to you." Her eye brows rose curiously, hoping that it was Zak that had indeed wrote her and not Brogan. She would be extremely angry with him if he ruined her day that was getting better. "Oh thanks Hayley," she murmured, giving the younger girl a smile as she took her hand off of Noah's shoulder for a moment to take the letter from the girl.

Nina sheepishly opened it, but smiled gently seeing that it was Zak that had written her instead of Brogan. "Brogan's brother," she explained as she folded it and placed it in her pocket. She wrapped her arms around him again, and smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back