OOC First Name
kaye
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Unyielding Willow Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Plot ID : #95462
*Set in the break between Y35 and Y36, 2051​

Sophie didn’t know why she had to do this. She reassured everyone that she was fine, but also didn’t have too much to say, and maybe that was why they had referred her to this psychologist. She didn’t want to hate her Head of House for starting all of this. After all, she saw it coming soon enough. She knew skipping classes was bad, but didn’t know what else to do. Sophie just didn’t know how to be like she was before all of this mess. Before her father had disappeared from this world. She didn’t think she knew how to be normal anymore without him. The girl sat in the waiting room in the comfy blue armchairs at the St Mungo’s hospital next to her mother, her arms folded across her chest. Her eyes stared straight down at the circular pattern on the carpet in front of her. She didn’t feel nervous, she didn’t feel scared - in fact, she didn’t feel anything at all. As she heard her name being called, her eyes did not shift and she didn’t move an inch. Her mother nudged her slightly and stood up, and Sophie followed her, still looking at the ground as she followed her mother’s footsteps.

Verity hadn't really been surprised when she'd seen the next file on her desk. As a teenager, life could easily become complicated and it was easy to get caught up in the twists and turns of every day life, especially when you had to throw trauma into the mix as well. Mental health was incredibly important in young people, even more so when there was a lot of emotion involved and sometimes the brain just didn't quite work right. It always broke Verity's heart when she heard the things people went through and it was part of the reason she'd chosen to go into mental health work. She believed it was incredibly important to make sure the person experiencing particularly troubling moments in their lives were aware that it wasn't their fault. The mind needed to be healed just like the body did and that was where people like Verity came in. If someone had a broken leg, they would have ie mended with potion or a spell. The mind was a little bit more delicate though and didn't always have the same quick fixes as the physical health of a person. She'd read up enough on the information provided, but she needed to speak to the young girl herself, to properly understand what she might be going through. She stood up and headed for her door, opening it to see the young blonde with whom she thought was her mother and smiled reassuringly, though it seemed the young girl was a bit timid - understandable, given the circumstances. "Sophie Elliston?" She asked, moving out of the way and gesturing past the door. "Would you like to come in here for me, please?" Verity was under the impression that Sophie was not entirely here by choice, so if she could give the girl as much freedom as possible, she would.

As the lady spoke, asking Sophie to come inside the room, the girl stopped and slowly looked up at her, wanting to say no but knowing that she really had no choice, despite how the lady made it out to be optional with her words. Sophie's mother gave her an encouraging push from behind and her feet started working again. She took a few steps inside whilst her mother stayed just outside the door. She knew her mother was trying to be encouraging but also knew that it would never work. Sophie just felt like she had no choice. She was obligated to do this to try to convince others that she was fine. The young girl did not say anything. Instead, she just took a seat without being asked to, wanting this to be over quickly.

One of the hardest things about this job, and one of the reasons she'd already spoken some to Sophie's mother, was trying to gauge exactly what personality changes had occurred. When dealing with something like this, getting to know the patient before they had any problems was paramount to properly understanding the impact of the situation. "Hi Sophie, thanks so much for coming," she said, as she watched the girl take a seat. She seemed shy, but it was hard to tell in these sorts of situations, because it could simply be first session nerves, or perhaps she was tired, or just not feeling particularly well, which was why understanding the before was so important. "My name is Verity Lancaster, would you like the door closed all the way, or would you prefer I leave it a little bit open?" Comfort was key after all. "How has your morning been so far?" she asked, sitting across from the girl. She didn't want this to seem too much like an interview, or something she should be afraid of. This was just a conversation, they were just getting to know each other.

Sophie didn't understand why the woman was making out that it was her own decision to be there. Maybe her mother had lied to the lady. After all, she wouldn't be surprised. Her mother lied about many things sometimes and this had frustrated Sophie. Nonetheless, she had to pretend like she wanted to be there anyway, so perhaps it was a good start. The lady introduced herself as Verity Lancaster and this reminded Sophie of a girl her cousin had spoke about with the same last name that wasn't particularly nice to her. She then asked how Sophie would like the door and Sophie just shrugged. "I don't care." she said simply. Her mother would most likely be out there listening regardless and so it wouldn't make a difference. "My morning has been fine." Sophie replied to her question simply. She wasn't sure whether or not she should ask Verity the same question back, and so just kept quiet.

Since Sophie said she didn't care, Verity decided to close the door all the way for privacy reasons. Sophie was a minor, but Verity was mildly concerned that if she felt her mother could hear their conversation, she might not want to speak openly and honestly and that was what she needed in order to properly assess what might be going on with Sophie and how best to help her. After all, she wanted this to be a seamless as possible for the young girl and not make anymore stress or issue where there didn't need to be. This sort of thing could be stressful and frustrating under normal circumstances, but when there was added pressure like this, it was definitely harder. "Well, I'm glad your morning has been fine." She said, looking back at her with an encouraging smile. After all, this was a friendly, safe place and she only wanted to help Sophie. "Do you have any plans for the rest of the day once you finish up here? What about for the weekend?"

Sophie watched as Verity closed the door and listened as she continued to speak. She didn't feel like having any sort of conversation with her, and didn't particularly care to tell her whether or not she had any plans, as she never really did anyway. After all, it was none of her business. However, Sophie definitely felt forced to do this, and so kept it as brief as possible. "No, nothing. I don't do anything with my life." she replied, picking her nails on her lap. She wanted to be at home, painting or drawing and just trying to forget about everything. She hoped that her brief responses would cut the meeting short and that she could get out of there soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back