Skipping Stones

Oliver Walden

Wand
Rowan Wand 15" Essence of Fang of Basilisk
Oliver had wanted to get some fresh air, and the Lakefront sounded like the best place for that. When he reached the shore of the lake, he scooped up a handful of pebbles and one by one he began skipping them.

Taylor wanted to see the lake, she wanted to meet the squid, she wanted some fresh air in general. With that in mind she made her way down to the lakefront. She saw a boy by the water skipping stones and thought she may as well join him. Walking silently up to the boy she picked up a stone and skipped it, all the while still behind him. She waited for him to turn, with a rock between her fingers.

Amarante was walking along the lakeside thinking about everything, about what Steph had told her, and what she would say to Tasanee, about Ansel and Emiko, everything, and everyone. As Amarante walked she spotted a boy skipping stones she shrugged her awkward shoulders inwardly and walked towards him. Amarante cleared her throat delicately so she wouldn't scare him then said, "Ni Hao."

Taylor turned slowly as another girl arrived and spoke something Taylor couldnt understand. She skipped the stone, found in her fingers and took a seat at the edge of the lake. It was so peaceful, with a delicate breeze and the fresh air.

Oliver watched as the stones he threw gathered in speed and velocity the more he threw. But just as he was beginning to get five jumps, another stone broke his concentration. Turning to see who dared disrupt his meditation, Oliver's eyes fell upon a girl who was in Gryffindor robes. Great, maybe she's just as much of a loony as the last Gryffindor girl I met. Just as he was about to say something to her however, another girl approached, this one in Slytherin robes.
"What?" he asked when he could not make out the language in which she had just spoken.

Taylor smirked and let out a light laugh when the boy voiced what she was thinking at the language spoken by the girl. She shook her head and continued to throw her stones.

Neita sees the annoying boy that she'd met earlier.
"Hey loser Ares was just looking for you..." she rolled her eyes at her cousins choice of friends.
"Have you seen Ray.. the griffindor girl from earlier?"

Amarante blinked her eyes softly and tilted it to the side as she said, "He...llo?" Amarante could speak very little English and when she did it was laboured and covered with a heavy Taiwanese accent. Amarante gave the boy a smile of wax and the girl one as well. Amarante said her intoxicating azure blue eyes onto the boys as she waited for a response. Amarante looked over to the girl that laughed at her and she said with an odd calmness, "Do you have a problem with my language?" Amarante wanted to give the girl a wave of insults then she glanced over and muttered under her breath, "Ugh Hufflepuffs."

There was another voice and Taylor turned to it. Doing a once over and realising she didnt know the girl, she then turned back to the lake.

She was then spoken to by a girl in Slytherin robes. "No i havent got a problem with your language at all, i was laughing at the guy. Sorry if i offended you." Taylor stated. "And for the record, im not a Hufflepuff."

Amarante let a smirk form on her lips then said, "Yes well you certainly aren't a Ravenclaw, a hufflepuff girl just joined us." Amarante gave the girl a fake smile then she sat down on the grass picking up the smoothest stones her thin fingers could fine and skipping one every so often.

"Sorry if i couldnt understand who your muttering was directed at." Taylor said sarcastically. Picking up a large stone and ditching it into the lake. Watching as the water splashed up with a loud plop.

Oliver's eyes rolled so far back that for a second his pupils disappeared. "Wright, I think my own best friend would know where to find me if he was ever looking." Folding his arms over his chest he chuckled. "Do I honestly look like I'd know where the lunatic Ray would be? As if I even care!"
Biting back the urge to tell Neita to go away, Oliver said, "You're lucky you're related to Ares."

"Yeah, hi," Oliver said blandly to the Slytherin girl. His mood for good manners had just worn thin.

Neita shot an evil look at the slytherin girl, and ignored the griffindor girl who just ignored her. She turned to Oliver... "I'l tell ares he can find you here."
She walks off irritated

Amarante couldn't help but smirk when the girl shot her a glare then roll her eyes coldly, showing more emotion then expected, as she never showed emotion. Maybe I am adjusting? Amarante mused then she felt her face fall to a smile of wax at the boy then said, "Ming, Amarante, and you are?"

[well im off loves.. ill be on tomorrow :) ]

Taylor scrunched her brow in confusion. Why was everyone in a mood today? She had come to skip stones and everyone had suddenly turned up and decided to start on everyone else. Really not ready to go back inside though, she remained seated and attempted to tune out the others until she was spoken to again.

Ares sighed a sigh of relief to find Oliver.
He was a little weirded out to see that his friend was at the lake with two girls.

Ares ignored the two girls and walked up to oliver.
"Whats up man?" He grinned smugly

"I believe we have plans?" Ares turns to walk back inside, then pauses and turns back to Oliver
"You coming?" He smirks "Or shall i leave you with your friends?"

Another boy joined the group of slowly building people and Taylor decided it wasnt as peaceful as she had intended. With that, she got up and left the lake, muttering a quick 'later' to the people left.

Oliver grinned smugly when Neita walked off. Oliver was just about to reply to the girl named Amarante when Ares arrived. "Ha! Friends!" Oliver scoffed, quickly turning away from the two girls. What was he thinking when he engaged himself in a conversation with them? "Let's get out of here already. If we stay any longer we'll probably get rabies." Laughing Oliver quickly caught up with Ares, not daring to turn back to check if the two girls were still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back