Skipping Stones and Suckers

Dexter Lesley

OOC First Name
Tenilee
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Dexter, at the present moment, was lying on his stomach, his feet kicking gently in the air, his hair streaming down his face. The majority of his robes were in a bundle beside him. He wore his trousers and his shoes, he also wore a white singlet. However, his shirt and robes were discarded for his current task beside a small pile of flat stones he had found earlier. His task was searching for a squid. The Slytherin had heard stories of a squid down here, and he wanted to see one. He was on a rocky area of the bank, his arms and hands under the water. His face was nearly there too, but he had to be able to breathe. He had no idea how he would see the squid, or if there was even a squid here, but he was willing to give it a try. He had always wanted to see a real squid before - a gigantic one. Not a little baby one, or was that a jellyfish? The part-veela shook his head. What did it matter? Jelly fish or squid, he wanted to see it and see if it could play games. Like... like throwing stones and watching them skip across the water! Or... or having swimming competitions and throwing balls around and high-fiving and throwing water at people and having massive water fights. That would all be amazing, and it really needed a gigantic squid to join. It would be no fun if there were no squid. Dexter nodded to himself. A squid was needed for his enjoyment, so he had to find one.

Several minutes passed. Dexxie had been here for some time, he could feel his pale shoulders begin to turn red. He had only been in New Zealand a short while, about a year. He was born and raised in Bulgaria, a very cold region of the Earth. His body still burned quickly and often reacted negatively to the heat. He had yet to find anything relating to the squid. But he was not disheartened. He wanted to find a squid - or even one of those mermaids that people spoke about. That would be really cool too. However, he'd rather a squid over a mermaid. Squids would be more fun than mermaids, he was quite sure. He sighed and sat up for a moment, brushing little rocks and dirt from his chest and stomach. They were starting to poke through the fabric of his singlet, but now that they were gone, he jumped right back down to his original position and return to searching for the squid.

Paige was enjoying this day it was weekend and that meant normal clothes without the required Slytherin robes. Paige loved the hot weather, she was getting a tan and Paige loved that colour on her. The lake was lovely today the sun was glittering on its surface and the sun was also shining on Paige her brown hair making the blond streaks more stand out. Paige looked around and saw standing on some flat rocks looking for something. Paige did not want to startle him. He would fell into the water and maybe he would drown. Paige was wearing some easy clothing, a pair of jeans and a greenish tank top. Paige had already lost a pair of shoes and she wondering if Percy her cat hid them. Bex did not know where her shoes were so she was out of the question.

The boy had a pale skin and Paige hoped that he had used some sunscreen. Paige did not need sunscreen, her skin was used to the hot temperatures. Paige was still wondering what the boy was doing at the edge of the rocks. ''Did you lost something in the water?'' Paige had a curious expression in her blue eyes. She knew the boy from sorting in her first year his name was Dexter or something. Paige disliked his attitude in her first year he was way to excited and somewhat childish, now she could handle that and come to think of it this boy was kind of nice. Paige was wondering what Andrea found of her new room mate Bex, the two rarely talked. Paige looked at the water and wondered wherever the mermaids were, they were supposed to swim here somewhere.

Dexter's nose was nearly touching the water, he had to examine the water extra closely to make sure his blue eyes missed nothing. This was incredibly important to him. He could not let the squid slip past him if it were here. Unless it wasn't here, but he didn't care. At least the water was pretty to look at. The part-veela was starting to become really concerned. If he could not locate the squid, what would he do? He could always find one of his sisters, but they didn't like water much. How could he have fun with water when the people he would play with didn't like water?! This was turning into a disaster. It was terrible. A catastrophe, a... another really big, devastating word. But it was terrible. However, his opinion soon changed when he heard someone approaching him and looked around. It was that Paige girl. He knew little of her, since she never really wanted to talk to him. He never really understood why she never wanted to talk to him, he thought he was a great talker. However, she did not appear to want to push him into the lake or anything, so he jumped up to his feet, wearing a pleasant grin and waved excitedly. "Hai Paige!"

He looked back down into the water when she spoke. What made her think he'd los something? He was just looking. Unless she counted searching for the squid something lost - but the squid wasn't his, so he can't have lost it. The Slytherin shook his head. "Nope, I've lost nothing at all. I was just here looking for a squid," he jumped excitedly. "I've heard so much about them - I hoped to find one so I could teach it tricks and play games with it. Wouldn't that be really cool? I think it'd be really cool. It could skip stones with me, and have swimming races, and have water fights," he took a deep breath from excitement just by thinking of the possible water fights. "Oh Merlin the water fights!" he nodded, expecting her to agree with him. No-one could say that having a water fight with a squid was a bad thing. That was impossible. Squids were cool - they had tentacles and everything. "Do you want to help me spot it? I promise if we find one it'll be really fun, squids are one of the greatest creatures that could have ever popped up on the planet. Seriously, they're amazing. We could teach it sign language, and build a boat or something to go hang out with it.... Oh! and we could give it a name!" he looked around and tapped his chin for inspiration. He had yet to realise whether Paige had actually made any attempt to talk. He was far too caught up in the moment. "Like... something really nice. Like Andon, that's nice, or Borislava if it's a girl. Whaddya think?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back