Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Willow Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
It was early autumn and willow was enjoying the cooler weather. she had always thought her mum was weird liking the autumn weather why not summer when you can swim in the dam and it is warm and sunny al the time. but she was starting to understand the advantages of it cooling down. she had been for a run and was not wanting to go inside just yet. the feeling of the sun on her skin was lovely and the endorphins that came with running were still pumping through her and she just didn't want to go back inside and go back to homework. she had considered going to the quidditch pitch but she was tired from the run and didn't want to do more exercise. instead, she found herself standing by the lake, on the small pebbly beach looking out over the water. she bent down and picked up a small flat stone and threw it watching it jump one, two, three times before sinking. she picked up another stone and tried again one, two, sink. she kept going trying to get more and more jumps enjoying the relaxation and competition of it.

Splish splash!
Noelle was leaning against the tree close to the lake. He had his eyes closed, reveling in the cool weather. He just finished his workload for the day and enjoyed the remaining hours of the afternoon before dinner. Opening one eye, he caught sight of a girl around his age throwing stones into the lake. She seemed familiar to him, having shared some of the classes. He sat up straight as he continued to observe the girl. She seemed contentment in what she was doing with only the sound of the pebble breaking the water surface be heard in the place. "Hey.", he called out to the girl as he made to stand from where he was.

Willow was surprised when she heard someone shout behind her the pebble she was throwing was didn't spin right and landed in the water with a plop. she turned around and saw a boy sitting under a tree. she hadn't seen him sitting there when she had arrived but she hadn't been looking at the tree. he had probably been there the whole time. "Hey" she replied as he stood up. he was familiar, she had had classes with him but didn't even know his name.

Noelle smiled at the girl as he started to approach her. She looked friendly and he could use some company before dinner. Inwardly, he was racking his brains for the name to match the face. Cullen was her last name, that's for sure. "You're in the same year as I am, right?", he asked her. For someone who could almost remember books cover to cover, Noelle could not remember her name at all. "I don't believe we have met. I'm Noelle. Noelle Maxwell.", he held out his hand toward her.

willow smiled as the boy came over to her. it seemed that she was not the only one who didn't know the other person. that was a good thing. between quidditch and her adventures with other social activites, it seemed like a lot of people knew her which was probably aided by her vibrant orange-red hair. "yes, or at least I am a third year" she said. pretty sure that he was one too. she was glad when he introduced himself. otherwise, she would have pretended like she knew him "I don't think we have, at least not properly, nice to meet you, Noelle, I am Willow, Willow Cullen." she said. realising that he was wanting to be formal and shake her hand she quickly switched the pebbles she was holding to the other hand. and shook. "did you want to skim some pebbles?" she asked. offering one of the stones out to him wondering if he would take it.

Noelle smiled at Willow. Now, he would easily remember her name. Her fiery red hair stood out in the crowd. He chuckled softly at her answer being a third year. He smiled at her when Willow offered her a pebble. Taking it, he shifted its weight on his fingers before throwing it out to the lake. Surprisingly, the pebble managed to skip thrice before it sunk. "Beginner's luck, I guess?", he said to Willow. He bent down to pick up more pebbles, giving half to the girl. "Shall we?", he asked with a grin. He had never enjoyed a friend's company this way without Yvette ruining it. The only other friend he had was Alexis Kramer, whom Yvette had a particular dislike.

Willow watched as Noelle skimmed the pebble into the lake. "good going" she said smiling. three was a pretty good throw. "if you are a beginner that was a great start" she said. taking one of the pebbles he gave her and threw it letting it spin out of her left hand. one, two, three, times it jumped before it sank under the water. she threw another stone and watched it jump twice. skimming stones was relaxing. but having company made it more fun. the quiet was companionable. like when she was out fishing with her dad.. but she did feel like she should start a conversation she tried to think of a good conversation started but nothing came to mind that wasn't boring or lame. "how's your day going" she asked before skimming another pebble, four skims, it was still a lame question but it was at least fairly open.

Noelle smiled modestly at Willow's compliment. He watched as his classmate took the stone he offered and flicked it toward the lake. "Nice.", he stated. Willow continued to flick another stone, this time jumping twice before it sank. Noelle never had this fun before, only hanging out in the library most times. Now, he understood why Alexis, a friend in the higher year, liked to go out on her free time. He glanced at his new friend when asked about his day. Picking up two stones, he threw them out successively, each taking three jumps before sinking. "Pretty great, I guess. Nothing special.", he replied before adding shortly, "Aside from meeting you, of course.", he chuckled softly. "And yours?", he asked in return.

Willow smiled as Noelle complineted her skimming. she picked up a couple more pebbles from the beach. she passed a couple to noelle. "have another shot" she said before throwing two in quick succession. the first only bounced once but the second bounced five times. "woohoo" she whooped. before drawing out her wand and summoning it back to her. that was too good of a stone to only thow once. she caught it as it came towards her and put it into her pocket. best ot leave it dry a little first. she nodded in agreement when Noelle said that he had had a great day but not a special one. "yeah..." she started until she realised that he hadn't finished what he was going to say. she had to chuckle as he said that meeting her was the exception. "she quickly picked up another couple of pebbles letting the loose bit of hair that had fallen out of her ponytail fall across her face. she stood up and threw another stone. two jumps. "my day was pretty average. we had class but it is a good day for a run. and new friends are always good" she said. "I don't see you around much. where do you hide" she asked. wondering where he usually hung out. you could tell a lot about a person by where they hung out.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry for the delay. i lost my muse. and wanted to make a decent reply. unfortunately it still isn't that decent

Noelle laughed when Willow asked about his hiding place. They may be in the same year but she was right about not often seeing him except during classes. Fixing his glasses, he smiled before answering, "I usually hide in the library.", adding quotation marks in the air with his fingers, chuckling. "But I also frequent the lake, the tower, and the pitch.", he added. He usually went to the pitch when he needed to do some serious studying and when the Ravenclaw Team practiced. His good friend Alexis played for the team. He glanced around only to find out that almost few students lingered in the grounds. Dinner would be served shortly. "Hey, you wanna have dinner together? We could join either your table or mine?", he asked boldly, a bit surprised at his own words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back