Sketchables

Noboru Hiroto

Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Sturdy Black Walnut Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
Noboru sat in the Trophy room, his sketchbook open across his knees, pencil in hand. He was sketching the trophies before him.
Unfortunately, Noboru was a perfectionist and every time he attempted to draw the handles of a particular trophy, he would erase it and begin again. Getting nowhere fast, Noboru shut the sketchbook and placed it to one side along with the pencil.
He stood up and began pacing about the room, lurking around the trophies.
Noboru walked to one particularly shining one and leant close to it to read; it was a Quidditch trophy. Noboru had no doubt that his brother, Daichi, would be winning one of those some day.

Keira walked into the trophy room, expecting nobody to be there. There was a boy though, hiding behind a trophy. He seemed to be reading the plaque.
'Is that yours?' She asked, hoping he already knew she was there.
She hoped it was his - Then she could congratulate him.
'Why are you lurking here?' She asked with a giggle. 'Not that it's any of my business.' She added softly.
She hoped he wasn't upset about anything. She wasn't very good at comforting people.

Noboru jumped at the sound of a voice and head-butted the glass protecting the trophy.
"Ow.." He said, rubbing his sore head. He turned to see a girl he didn't recognize. "No, it's not mine." He replied looking her up and down. She was too young to be a prefect or someone with any power to turf him from the trophy room- not that he was doing any harm anyway.. well, apart from head-butting a glass cabinet.
"I was-" Noboru paused to let his brain work, "I was sketching the trophies... Look." He practically dived over to his sketchbook and peeled it open to show the girl. It opened on a picture of a tiger.
"Er.. That's not it." Noboru said awkwardly, quickly finding the right page. "I just can't get this handle right." He rolled his eyes and sighed.

Keira smiled. 'Maybe I can help?'
She took the sketch pad gently from his hands and drew a perfect arc, shading it like he had done with the rest of the trophy. She edited it untill it looked like the other handle.
'There.' She handed the book back and smiled. 'It doesn't matter what you were doing in here.' She winked. It was the truth though. It was none of her buisness. He could do what he liked, and so could she.
Well, to a certain extent.

"Oh.." Noboru said as the girl took his sketchbook. He was worried she would ruin his sketch but when she handed it back, it was perfect.
"Oh.. wow.. erm.. thank you." Noboru said in surprise. He smiled at her with his brown eyes. It was time for an introduction.
"I'm Noboru.. Noboru Hiroto." He tucked the sketchbook under his arm and extended his other arm out, offering his hand to her.
Only now did Noboru begin to study the girl's face, her features.. She was very pretty.
This thought caused Noboru to blush a little.

Keira noticed Noburu blushing, and hid her own face under her hair.
'Thats, um, Ok.' She giggled. 'I'm Keira... Kendall-white.' She didn't usually bother saying her surname.
'So, uh,' She couldn't get her words out after he had blushed.
She liked his sketch a lot, minus what she had drawn. He was a good drawer. She tried to hide her enthusiasm, because it would have seemed fake.
'My sketch book is almost full.' She said randomly, to break the silence, and then blushed some more because she wished she hadn't said it.

"Oh.." Noboru said, not sure if she was boasting or if this was just a random comment. Perhaps she was hinting something? Noboru had never understood girls but still, he tried his best to answer. "I.. I have a spare sketchbook if you needed it.." He shrugged a little awkwardly. "Erm.. so.. yeah." He smiled, a few questions popping into his head- some of which had never come to mind before.
He chose the most appropriate of these questions and asked.
"Would you.. Do you think we could be.. friends?" Noboru asked, hand sliding over the back of his neck to try and distract Keira from how much he was blushing- it wasn't very manly of him.

'Oh!' Keira said quickly. 'No I didn't mean that I... Just... Well nobody was talking.' She laughed, wondering why she couldn't talk properly. Oh god, was she going to be one of those girls who couldn't talk around boys? She hoped not.
'Maybe.' She smiled, hoping Noboru got the fact she was teasing him. She'd soon know.
Keira tried to look away from his face so he wasn't embarassed about blushing. She didn't mind, she thought it was quite cute really.
'Shall we... Go somewhere else?' She asked. The trophy room wasn't one of Keira's favourite places.
She hoped he wouldn't mind. He might still have been sketching.
'I mean, you don't have to.' She added hurridly.

"No, no, it's fine." He added quickly. "I suppose we could go to.. er.." Where was there to go? Well, there was always the library but.. It wasn't exactly fun. Noboru thought over the floor plan of Hogwarts and what there was to do..
"I mean, we could go for a walk by the lake or perhaps go to the Quidditch pitch and see if anyone is playing? Or.. We could go to the student lounge on the sixth floor?"
What places was a girl interested in going to?

Keira smiled when Noboru suggested going to the lake.
'The lake sounds good.' She hinted, smiling. She enjoyed being outside, but didn't fancy watching quidditch right at that minute. She hoped Noboru didn't mind.
It was a nice day for spring, seeing as it was just warming up. She couldn't wait to get outside and enjoy the sun.
'Is that ok?' She asked, picking up her sketchbook and tucking it under her arm.
She didn't want to make him go somewhere he didn't want to, even though he had suggested it.
'We can go to the student lounge if you prefer.' She tried to give him the choice of where to go, but knew he was likely to choose the lake, now Keira had already said it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back