skating along the corridor...

Jasmine Green

Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Rain pelted against the windows. Jaz had spent most of the morning wishing that it would disappear; yet it had not. She had then left the common room as it was getting to stuffy. But before leaving, she had gotten another favourite possesion. Her skateboard.

She looked at it fondly, she had, had it for a while and even though she hated the colour, she was glad she had it. She smiled smugly remembering how she had begged for a skateboard, and her parents had given in, but given her a pink one. The pink was an effort to turn her more girly; which wasn't going to happen.

She put it down on the corridor floor and started to skate. She glanced round, and wondered if any teacher would hear her, she hoped not. She laughed to herself, she wouldn't get caught. She ollied, disturbing portraits from there naps and conversations as landed. Of course, this didn't stop her.

[I was thinking next poster she could almost run into; or run into :p ]

Imogen was very wet. She'd gone out to send a letter to her sister and misjudged the force of the rain. She was soaked from head to toe. Immy was finally on the 7th floor corridor, happy that she was close to the common room. She'd be able to get warm and changed clothes. Into something a lot drier. Immy walked down the corridor and turn a corner. It was then Immy collided with someone, moving pretty fast. Immy fell to the floor. It didn't help that she was wet. Immy sat up and rubbed her head. She had her eyes closed so didn't know if the other person was hurt.

"Are you alright?" Imogen asked opening her eyes.

Jaz had been just skating along, she wasn't really watching where she was going. Which was a stupid thing to do, but she hadn't been skating for a while and was enjoying it throughly. This was until she collided with something, fell off the skateboard. She went sprawling, the skateboard flying backwards. She sat up to hear a voice asking

"Are you alright?"

She recognised the voice, and looked over

"Immy!" she exclaimed getting up and walking over to her "I'm sooo sorry I should have been watching where I was going more closely..." she drifted off looking guilty.

"I'm fine, are you ok??"

Imogen nodded. She knew the voice and smiled as she saw a fellow gryffindor and a friend, Jaz. Immy got to her feet and smiled to Jaz. Immy was fine, a few sore bones but nothing more. She brushed down her clothes with her hands but this was pretty unsuccessful as she was wet.

"No, it's okay. I should've been watching where I was walking." Imogen said. "I'm fine. Just wet, but I already was wet." Immy smiled at her friend. "Where did you learn to skateboard?"Immy asked interested.

"Sorry" she said again, still feeling guilty. Then she replied

"Well I saw a program on TV, fell in love, convinced my parents to buy me a skateboard, and then practised. Lots." she smiled at Immy "Much to my parents delight" Jaz said with some sacasm, laughing.

"Do you skate?" she asked.

Imogen smiled and nodded as Jaz spoke about skateboarding. Immy didn't really know much about skateboarding. She had always found it very interesting how people were even able to stay on the board. Imogen guessed that it probably took a long to be good at. She shook her head.

"No, I've never had the chance. Seems really cool to be able to." imogen said with smile. "How long have you been skating for?"

Imogen was surprised by the fact Jaz had only been skating for just over a year. Immy was impressed. She guessed that maybe Jaz was natural good at skating. Imogen smiled at her friend.

"That is so cool." Immy said brightly. "Show me what you can do"

(Can I join? If you don't want Luna to join, I'll edit!)

Storms were fun. Luna found watching it rain more fun than watching students take classes. Since she didn't have to take any classes, on account of her being dead and all, she had loads of time of her hands. She looked at her transparent hands, smiling. The red-haired girl floated around the Seventh Floor, her usual haunting place, and wondered what the Gryffindors were up to today. Most people didn't believe that Luna was a Ravenclaw until they saw her clothes, the Ravenclaw uniform minus the cloak. Luna didn't have a clue why she haunted the Seventh Floor instead of the towers, but she felt a pull of some sort towards this floor.

Being a ghost was rather depressing for Luna, she hadn't talked to anyone properly since last year. Some first year boy who she had floated though had talked to her for a bit, even though he had been quite annoying. Luna looked down from the ceiling, and saw two girls chatting. One of them had a skateboard, Luna noticed as she floated down to greet them. She accidentally flew though one of the girls. "Sorry!" she said, laughing. Luna loved floating through people, she loved how they felt like a bucket of icey water was being tipped over their head. It was all to amusing to watch. "Hey, mind if I join you both?" she asked politely. Not many people wanted to talk to a ghost, so Luna was used to being ignored.

[no, no Join! Jaz hasn't spoken to a ghost before!]

Before Jaz had a chance to reply, she had a weird sensation; as though many ice cubes along, with fresh cool water from a glacier, had been tipped over her head. She shuddered at the cold, with a shocked face, wondering what it was. She heard a "Sorry!" followed by laughter, she looked over to where it had came from. It took Jaz a few seconds to recognise who is was. It was a ghost. Jaz was slightly amazed she hadn't really seen any ghosts at Hogwarts, as she spent so much time outside, she had only seen glimpses. And now one was talking to them, she smiled at the thought, thinking about how her muggle family would react. Not too good. Smiling, she replied to the ghost

"No, not at all" she said, still amazed "I'm Jaz and this is Immy" she then followed, she figured she should introduce themselves.

She wondered if Immy had ever spoken to a ghost before, and if she was just as amazed as she was. The question that was really on Jaz's mind was, how did she die, but Jaz knew that this could be offensive to some ghosts, and many of them get asked over and over again, so she didn't bother.

Immy hasn't spoken to a ghost before either, it'll be fun

Immy nodded, she looked curiously as Jaz shuddered. Immy couldn't understand why, it wasn't cold on the floor. IN fact it was quite warm and Imogen was slowly getting dry. Immy looked up as she heard the sound of laughter. She saw a girl floating, a ghost. Immy tried her hardest to stop the look of both shock and excitement which past across her face. A ghost, that was the most amazing thing ever. Imogen had so many questions running throw her head. She did know better than to ask, she didn't want to bombard the ghost with questions. Immy nodded as Jaz spoke.

"As Jaz said, Immy." Immy said with a bright smile to the ghost. "What's your name?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back