Open sitting, knitting and watching the world.

Selene Le Fey

Twin, Seer, Teacher

OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
It was the start of semester and Selene was back at the school. she had had a good time over the holidays and had been happy spending time with her sister, mum and grandma. Grandma Morgan had even taught her to knit. this afternoon was beautiful warm and sunny the call of the outside was too much to resist she took her needles and wool and made her way to the lake. she found a nice soft spot of grass underneath the willow tree and started to knit. she was starting with a scarf. it was already about half a meter long. sure it was summer and not the kind of weather for wearing a scarf but she found the rhythmic pattern of knits and purls was relaxing. as she knitted the second year watched people pass by. some on their own, some with friends, some going for a walk around the lake and some to the quidditch pitch. it was actually very relaxing sitting here the warmth from the sun making her a little dozy which if she was smart she would go up to the dorm for a nap but she was too happy here just sitting knitting and watching the world.

Usually, Emilia felt pretty homesick after returning to school after a break. But this time, it felt less bad. She wasn't sure if it was because she was maturing, or because she was feeling more confident at school. It seemed to her like pretending to be more confident was making her believe she was more confident, almost like she was tricking herself into it a bit. It was silly, and a thought she couldn't really share with anyone, but it was strangely comforting. Today, on one of the first days of the new semester, Emilia decided to take a walk outside. She was kind of hoping to catch Derek coming back from Quidditch practice, but she wasn't entirely sure when that was over. In the meantime, taking a walk wouldn't be a bad thing. Almost automatically, Emilia headed over to the lake. She had really liked the lake, ever since she had spent time here with Jacob, getting to know him. They were very different people, but Jacob was one of her closest friends. She always felt like they could talk about real things, though they hadn't had a good talk in a while now. Shaken out of her thoughts, Emilia noticed a younger girl sitting by the lake and knitting. One of the things she had vowed to do this year was talk to strangers more, and while that was scary for the Hufflepuff, she really wanted to try it more. A younger girl couldn't be that scary to talk to, and she decided to give it a go. "Hello, that's nice... what are you knitting?" She asked the girl in a friendly voice. It could really be anything, as Emilia didn't know much about knitting.

into the gap, around the tree over the hill and off, into the gap around the tree, over the hill and off. into the gap... Selene thought as she moved the wool around the needles. She looked around as she felt a shadow pass over her. and she heard someone speak. she looked and her mismatched grey and violet eyes settled on an older girl standing there. "Hey, Umm thank you" she said. she said. looking at her scarf. 'I am making a scarf. I have only just learned to knit" she said. sheh ad dropped a couple of stitches and gained a couple of different ones. but it didn't look too bad and she was sure that from a distance you wouldn't be able to notice it. "I am Selene by the way, It is nice to meet you" she said hoping that she hadn't met the girl before, she couldn't remember her but that did mean she hadn't met her.

Emilia was still anxious about simply talking to strangers, and as soon as she spoke to the girl she was sure she had interrupted and annoyed her. But it was too late to simply walk away now, so she could only hope the girl didn't think her rude, or weird. Emilia kept the smile fixed in place even when her thoughts went in a negative direction. She was fairly relieved when the girl thanked her, and then answered her question. "Oh, I see it now. That's very good if you just learned. I can't do anything like this." She said encouragingly. "It's nice to meet you Selene, I'm Emilia. You're not in Hufflepuff, are you?" She hadn't seen the girl around before, and she knew most of the Hufflepuffs at least on sight.

Selene smiled when the girl said that the scarf looked good. It wasn't the fanciest scarf in the world just a straight knit not even purl stitch and certainly not some of the fancy twisty patterns she had seen people do. "Thank you" she said. "It isn't too hard once you get started. I can show you if you want but I won't be as good at teaching as my grandma is" she said. trying to remember how her grandma had explained how to hold the needles and wool. she had hardly been knitting a month but already it was already in muscle memory.
When the girl asked if she was in hufflepuff she shook her head. "No, i am in Ravenclaw. however you may have me mixed up with my twin sister heliana, she is in Hufflepuff, but we aren't identical" she said. rambling a little. but she felt like it was a distinction that needed to be made. as dark as her hair was helianas was light. as pale as she was helia was tanned. they were like the sun and moon even down to when they were awake.

Emilia smiled as the girl thanked her and offered to show her. As interesting as it was, Emilia didn't really think she would knit anything anytime soon. She had enough going on at the moment and not a lot of time for a new hobby. Also, knitting just didn't really seem to fit with the new image she was trying to project. But she wouldn't say that. "Oh, it's alright. I might take you up on that later. I'm pretty busy at the moment, but I do think it's very impressive." She knew that Evelyn would probably have been honest and direct in expressing her lack of interest, but she wasn't Evelyn no matter how hard she tried to be. She nodded when the girl explained that she was in Ravenclaw but had a twin sister in Hufflepuff. "Oh, I may have seen her around." She said, trying to remember any girls that looked similar to this girl. "I'm not sure. I don't have any siblings myself, but I have cousins. One of them is in Gryffindor, the other was also in Gryffindor but graduated last year."

Ilija had been wandering down the side of the lake, debating whether to ask Mhairi how she’d found her third year but not wanting to bother the older for too much. His sister often looked out for him but Ilija didn’t want to rely on her. He’d seen the damage of what that could do, and he would much rather have made a way for himself than depended of either of his sisters. Coming across another couple of girls, he heard them talking about houses and their family, and even though he kept to himself somewhat, Ilija thought he recognised at least one of the faces even if he hadn’t spoken to them much before. “Does it even matter what houses they’re in?” He found himself asking. He didn’t mean to be rude, and he knew it could help identify people but as far as he was concerned it wasn’t exactly a good thing to be distinguished by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back