Sitting by the Lake

Zoe-Hope Weasley

OOC First Name
Zoey
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4
Zoe-Hope wanders to the lake, hoping to meet some new people and escape the wrath of her brothers' jokes and tricks. Sitting there peaceful, and alone something in the water stirs.

Zoe-Hope sees' a face, she thinks that it is a student drowning in the water. Frantically, and unaware that there is a giant squid in there, Zoe-Hope takes off her shoes and socks, and dives in after them in the lake, in hopes that she can save their life.

While searching for the supposed student she thought she saw drowning, Zoe-Hope hears a wonderful song, and then the face again and is tranced to follow it. Her eyes are forced shut, her lungs are closing up. Zoe-Hope realises that she is running out of breath, and if she doesn't get out of there fast, that she will be the student that is in need of help. She quickly swims up to the surface, and gets back on land and gasps for breath.

She just lies there staring at the water, praying that the face she saw, was just her imagination, and that she had dreamt the whole thing. Then the face came up again. But this time, there were more faces. Hesitantly, she goes a little closer and shouts "Are you okay?" She didnt want another near-drowning experience. then the faces come closer and closer to the surface. Zoe-Hope jumps back, then the faces come up, attatched to a body, attached to fins. At that precise moment, Zoe-Hope realises that the face she saw earlier was just a mermaid, or a merman. And that the song that she heard was just that of a mermaid singing.

Thinking about what had just happened, Zoe-Hope moved slightly further away from the lake and just lay there, to dry in the sunlight.

Walking comfortably over toward the lake, Soleil sped up a bit as a young student dove into the lake. She started running, surprisingly quickly, and the student came back up. Relieved, she slowed down and tried to call to the girl. To the professor's amazement the girl jumped back in once again, and stayed down for a rather long time. When Soleil finally reached the lakefront, the girl was just coming up again. A bit confused, though relieved that the student was okay, she tried to catch the girl before she dove down again. "Oi! What are you doing?"

"Oh, sorry I thought i saw a student drowning in the lake, and I dived in after them. I heard some fabulous singing down there, but didn't find the person." Zoe-Hope said stammering, as the shouts of the professeur had greatly startled her. " Then I thought i saw the face again, and moved closer, then something jumped out, and I think it was a mermaid, or a merman, and then it went back in the water again, but I'm not sure if there is, or isnt a person in the water." Zoe-Hope ran to the lakeside again, and put her feet into the cool water, the face appeared once again, but this time there was another face along with it, and there was some arms flailing, and the other face seemed scared, whilst the first one had a look of evil on it.
Zoe-Hope once again pounced into the water searching for the person, but once again to find nothing. She climbed out and sat by the waterside, hoping for some sign that the person was ok.

Reaching her arms out to grab the girl, Soleil laughed worriedly. "Those are indeed mermpeople, and the song you heard is theirs. I assure you they are quite happy to be where they are, and not in the least bit of danger... Your bravery is admirable, though. It's good to hear that a student would be concerned about her classmates. If you would, please," she tried not to sound too authoritative, "let's have a chat out here in the wonderfully dry air."

Startled, Zoe-Hope walked with the Proffesor curious about what she had done wrong. thinking to herself "Oh dear, maybe i should have just kept to myself. I should have just stayed with my annoying brothers!!! then i wouldn't have been in this jam to begin with!" Zoe-Hope prepared for the worst listened carefully to what she said

Seeing that the girl was frowning, Soleil laughed. "No! You're not in trouble! I just don't want you jumping in the lake anymore. Not a safe place for students," she said glancing back at the mermeople below the surface. "Did you know there's a giant squid that lives in there too?" She doubted that would concern the girl. "Anyway, I'm the Divination teacher. I take it you're a first year?" she said kindly. "You can call me Soleil."

relieved that she wasnt in any trouble, Zoe-Hope introduced herself aswell.
"Nice to meet you..er.. Soleil. Its kind of odd to call a teacher by their name. well I'm a first year Slytherin, the name's Zoe-Hope, Zoe-Hope Weasley. You probably know my troublesome brothers Fred and George. A bunch of Baboons if you ask me!" Zoe-Hope took a few steps towards the lake, then said "So there really is a giant squid in there, eh? that is pretty neat. i wonder if hes friendly." Then Zoe-Hope walked back to Soleil and asked "Are you a fan of Quidditch?"

Laughing, she replied. "Well Zoe-Hope, I'm not a terribly ceremonial person. However, you may call me 'Professor Tenbrook' in class, that is if you happen to find yourself studying Divination in the future. I do know your brothers; in fact I went to visit George in Hogsmeade just yesterday! I went to school with them, back at the original Hogwarts. Fine wizards, by my stand. Probably not the easiest to live with, though," she nodded understandingly. "I don't follow Quidditch too closely, but I've been known to throw a quaffle or two every now and then. Have you tried out for the school team?"

"Yes i have, and I made one of the teams as seeker!" Zoe thought about something. "Isn't Divination a 3rd year subject?" she asked remembering something one of her elder brothers had said.

"Congratulations!!!" Soleil said enthusiastically. "You'll do great. And yes, Divination is studied in your third year at Hogwarts NZ. Have you ever practiced it before?" She hoped the young girl had some interest.

Zoe thought about this for a second, "I've had a practise for Quidditch, but I havent practised Divination yet, if that is what you meant." She said with a smile :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back