Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual (James)
Wand
Knotted 10 Inch Sturdy Aspen Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Geo had been excited to see a familiar name on her list of rose deliveries, and had eagerly headed up to the seventh floor in the hopes of either finding her best friends sister on her way to or from the common room, or nearby the Heta Omega meeting room. Although in the last year or so she'd not spoken to the seventh year, Maddie had been a great help to her when she and Leila had first started at the school, and she considered her to be like an older sister in the way that James was a brother. Getting distracted looking for the brunette by the Quidditch practise outside, Geo pressed her forehead up to the glass as she looked down at the figures, momentarily wondering whether she needed to be out there more before the games.

The Gryffindor Common Room was absolutely stifling. All the seventh and fifth years were studying ferociously and Maddie couldn't take it. James was out playing Quidditch with the rest of the Gryffindor team and all she wanted to do was to get out into that fresh air aswell. She shut the book she was studying from and left the Common Room immediately. She was sure that James would be happy for the break from practice once she got down there so she headed towards the Quidditch Pitch straight away. However, just as she she stepped out of the portrait whole she saw a familiar face and she instantly broke out into a smile. "GEO!" she shouted to her adoptive little sister "ugh it feels like ages!" she said pulling the younger girl into a hug.

Geo's head turned as she heard her name, and a wide smile appeared on her face as Maddie greeted her. "Hey!" she threw her arms round the seventh years shoulders, feeling as though she hadn't spoken to her properly for so long but glad that they were still in a good place. She knew the Gryffindor must have been ridiculously busy, but that didn't stop her wanting to make the most of the time she had left in the school. "I know, we definitely need to get together before you and James run away!" she smiled, wondering if they did, whether Leila and Jess would join them too. "How's NEWTs treating you?" she asked. She knew from Flavio that OWLs were difficult, but the next level exams must have been a whole new ball game, and she wasn't talking as joyful as Quidditch.

Maddie beamed when Geo returned her hug. She picked the younger girl up and span her around while giggling. She had missed her so much but hadn't realised how much till now, Maddie had taken the time they had spent together previously for granted and regretted that they hadn't remained as close as they had used to be. She nodded enthusiastically at Geo's suggestion "definitely, I know James would love to catch up with you aswell. Maybe next Brightstone weekend?" she proposed to the Hufflepuff. Maddie rubbed her eyes and shook her head in repsonse to Geo's question "please don't talk to me about them" she replied "lets just say they weren't lying when they said they were the most difficult things you'll ever do" she sighed. "How are your lessons going?" Maddie asked her.

Back when Geo had stayed with the Waldens before joining the school, it had been great to have an older female figure to look up to, and Maddie had continued to be such even if they didn't speak as often. She'd squeezed her back affectionately at her hug, her eyes beaming up at her as she offered the suggestion that they spend time together in Brightstone. She nodded quickly, "Definitely!" Even if there was nothing she needed to buy, she would happily spend the day with the Gryffindors, wanting to make the most of the time they had left. She gave a small nervous laugh at her reaction to the upcoming exams though, grateful she at least had a few years herself until she was in that potion. "But you're so smart, you'll pass them with flying colours!" she replied enthusiastically. "I'm trying out the electives for the first time, and there's a few subjects I thought I'd like and I don't and vice versa, but nothing too difficult just yet, just a lot of them." she explained with a smile. She didn't really want to talk about classes either, much preferring if they stuck to fun topics. "Oh, I have something for you," she suddenly remembered, rummaging around in her basket for the rose she had to deliver. "Here. And no, I haven't read it." Geo smirked, she'd been good not to at all this year.
Dear Maddie,
Can you believe we've survived almost seven years at this school!? Here's my last rose to you. I hope you and James have a fantastic Valentine's Day!
Love,
Charlotte

Maddie grinned and clapped her hands together "that's perfect! It's sorted then! We'll pay a visit to the Three Broomsticks and Honeydukes!" she suggested "maybe we could get Leila and Jess to come with us?" she asked Geo knowing that the younger Hufflepuff was close with both of those girls. Maddie was meaning to spend more time with Leila and Jess too so this would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

She scoffed at Geo's comment about the NEWTs "Ugh I hope so. I only have a couple, James has loads more than me. I don't know how I would cope! But thank you!" she replied, smiling at Geo. "Ooh yes! The electives! What are you taking?" Maddie asked her, pleased that the subject had changed from her exams, she didn't like to think about them longer than she needed to.

Maddie didn't realise Geo was up there to deliver a rose, much less to herself. It was a shock to her to be handed a rose but she smiled nonetheless and read the note. It seemed that the rose was off Charlotte and she was extremely grateful to her best friend for sending one. "It's from Charlotte, have you met her yet? The Head Girl?" Maddie added in case Geo had no idea who she was talking about.

Geo was practically glowing when Maddie suggested they get together in Brightstone, and was more than pleased that she thought it was a good idea to invite the others. It would be a group day out, just like it had been when they started school. If the Hufflepuff was honest, she was a little nervous to talk to Jess and Leila again, but she missed her best friends and felt like they'd strayed far too far from one another recently. "Um, all of them, at the moment." she admitted quietly, not really wanting Maddie to think of her poorly for trying everything all at once. She didn't know which she'd like best so she had to. Geo shook her head at the Gryffindors final question, "Not really. I've seen her on the pitch during the Slytherin games. I haven't spoken to her yet though." As far as she could tell she seemed nice enough, and if she were Head Girl and a friend of Maddie's, she must be lovely.

Maddie wasn't completely oblivious to the situation with Geo, Jess and Leila so she wanted to get the threesome together again. She had learned the hard way that friends were the most important thing in the world and the three of them were better together and needed each other. Hopefully Jess would agree to come to Brightstone with them, it would do her good to get out of the common room.

Her mouth dropped open when Geo mentioned that she was taking all of the electives "wow... how are you finding them?" she asked her little sister don't burn yourself out too quickly!" she said, stroking her arm. "Ooh, Charlotte's great! I'll introduce you to her soon!" she grinned "you'll love her!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back