Sir Cadogan

Stormie Lew

Walking up to her common room after a little more shopping in Hogsmeade, Stormie had stopped to appreciate the portraits hung along the corridor walls. Some appeared to be asleep, while others were gone from their pictures-they must be able to travel-and still others were watching her intently.

As she passed in front of a rather plain picture, depicting a simple knight and his steed, the man inside called out. "Halt! Who goes there!"

"...Excuse me?" she replied, unsure what to make of the knight. "Umm... My name is Stormie...?"

"Aha!" he cried valiantly, "and a gentle lass indeed! Methought you were a vagabond, else a terrible wrongdoer of the vale..." he trailed off, shuddering.

"...Mhmm..." Stormie mumbled, patronizingly, still wondering about the man in the picture. "And you are?"

"Alas! What a shame you have not heard the name, famous far and wide... A noble title, fit for a nobler man!"

As he got caught up in a fit of confidence, she interrupted. "Well? What is it?"

The man was taken aback. Looking hurt and put off, he replied lightly. "I see your ladiness is not capable of recognizing true moral fiber," he said with a huff.

Realizing she had offended him, she tried again more kindly, and in character. "Humbly, sir, I do implore you. What is your name?"

Excited once again by the more tactful approach, he brightened. "Sir Cadogan, patriot of the greenest grasses, follower of the bluest skies, and sailor of the bluest seas!!" He appeared to hear a call from inside the picture. "Adieu, fair student, I daresay we may meet again!"

As he climbed, rather unsuccessfully, onto his horse, Stormie stifled a laugh. "Bye Cadogan! Nice meeting you!" He rode away into the horizon, and finally out of view. She stood for a moment, amused, and reflected on this new experience. "Nice guy," she concluded, and continued down the hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back