Similarities.

Benjamin Chase

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Birch Wand 14 1/4 Essence of Dragonstone
A part of Benjamin Chase was glad to be back at Hogwarts. He somehow missed the food they served redudantly (it was to him anyways), the bustling students everywhere and of course, the common room. Perhaps it was the common room that he loved the most. The sofas, the atmosphere, the door to Professor Styx' office and the emerald flames. Those things comforted him, whenever he was frustrated at something so simple to understand. Benjamin was lazy for his schoolwork after all. At often times, the common room was quiet, allowing the Slytherins to experience the tranquility and let go of the various homeworks that were given to them by the professors. Benjamin was relieved to reach the common room without seeing any Gryffindors on the way. They were the ones who always ruined his fun, especially girls who would bug him. Truly, a Slytherin and a Gryffindor were not compatible for one another. Benjamin was there to prove that for he had several arguments with the Gryffindors themselves. It was only with a certain younger blonde Gryffindor that he had a civil conversation with, which he enjoyed at the very least. The small fights that he had made him sigh and surprisingly, he reached for a book in his trunk. It was almost three hundred pages all in all, and the story was not so bad. It was a book of adventure and romance, no doubt. Benjamin flipped through it briefly and exited the dungeons to go to a place he had always wanted to be in. He had his wand along with him, which was tucked in his pocket, just in case there was an emergency. Thankfully, the dungeons weren't exactly as dark as the last time he even set his foot on the place. The torches illuminated the place brightly enough for his sea green eyes to see it whilst the floor was damp as always. The lake always brought the water to the floor. Benjamin heard the dripping of water from afar and hurried his pace to get out.

The halls were not as full as Benjamin expected. There were people, yes, but unlike the ordinary school days the students were murmuring among themselves only. No boisterous laughs were uttered and no whispering from the gossipers were heard. He did not pass any professors and he was glad about that. The Slytherin held the book in his grasp safely and walked out of the sunlight. The afternoon was set and it was about four o'clock that day. He had plenty of time to spend it leisurely, and he planned to eat a late dinner later. The book that he held awaited itself to be read and Benjamin was even more than willing to read it. His mother somehow convinced him to get him into reading and the plot was somewhat intriguing. He dug his nails into the skin of his palm impatiently, walking faster.

With a groan, the right door that led to the student lounge opened for Benjamin. He pushed it again, this time in a discreet manner and walked in with a grin. It was only him that was in there and the huge space of the room made him feel content with his decision to visit the place. Benjamin shut the door quickly without locking it and went to a sofa that had an ordinary color of black. Uttering an exaggerated grunt, Benjamin dropped himself loudly on the piece of furniture whilst he remembered the memories he had, the last time he ever visited the place. It was when he met those two Gryffindors, Meadow and Hawke, who were acting like a bickering couple. The guy was a bit protected of the girl and Benjamin laughed when he remembered this. Benjamin scowled though as he remembered Hariah Meadow. The way she and him were featured in Rumour Has It affected his ego like a punch in the stomach. It was embarrassing to see himself there and the way he reacted was something he did not expect at all. The Slytherin pushed the memories aside and sighed. He didn't want to be thinking of these things! It was odd for him to ever think about his bad memories with the Gryffindors. Wanting to distract himself, Benjamin flipped through his book until he reached the third chapter. Benjamin sank his whole body in the sofa, trying to enjoy the silence and the peacefulness of the room.
<i>
</i>

Mima had completely failed to fit in at Hogwarts, and that depressed her. After a year and a half, she hadn't made any good friends - barely even spoke to anyone, for that matter. Mari wouldn't let her. She reminded Mima constantly that she was a pureblood Scarlet, and there was no point stooping to talk to people below her. And she couldn't dispute Mari. The family portraits, although disappointed that she was sorted in to Hufflepuff, constantly nagged her to behave more like a true Scarlet - haughty and proud and powerful. To Mima's credit, she did - but she didn't talk to anyone, so it didn't really matter. At least the ghost of Alice was more understanding. Still, Alice had been a wild child, fun and popular. She didn't understand why Mima wouldn't put herself out there.

It was Maribelle's fault, if she wanted to be honest. But she didn't want to anger her. Maribelle was her best friend. Although she could be cruel and bossy to Mima, she did like having a friend, even if she was only imaginary.

Sighing, Mima picked up her History of Magic book, straightened her uniform, and walked out of her bedroom, out of the common room, and down to the Student Lounge. A change of location was nice, sometimes, but she didn't feel like going too far away from Hufflepuff House. Nor did she feel like going to the Library. This was just more comfortable.

Sinking down in to a sofa, Mima realised too late that she'd sat down next to someone. She hadn't paid any attention to what she was doing, and now she'd intruded on someone's space.

"Ugh, sorry," she spluttered, picking herself up.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000"> The soft crackle of the fire was relaxing. The peacefulness, the tranquility of the room was inviting. It was almost speaking to him in soothing tones, telling him to just doze off anytime. Benjamin was the only presence in the room anyways unless some ghost was there to stalk him up. The book in his hands was interesting though and he was determined to stay awake for the sake of his new book. The plot intrigued him for it was a mixture of different genres. Had a bit of romance, drama and lots of adventure. It was the latter that Benjamin liked the most because the first two weren't really his type of genre. Romance was something that he was exposed too, considering the fact that he was one of the heirs to the fortune of their family. And drama was nothing to his liking. It was too much, a bit over and a turn off. Benjamin just read on, occasionally rubbing his dark sea green eyes. He was all drowsy and the book just didn't seem to help. With or without the book, Benjamin knew that he was sleepy. He wasn't tired at all though, it was just the laziness clouding his brain again.

Even though Benjamin tried to remain awake, he could not take the invading sleepiness. It fogged his senses, making him flutter his eyes weakly and sleepily. He snapped the novel shut and laid it on his right side. He was giving in to temptation really. He wanted to trudge off to the Slytherin dormitories but he doubted he would be able to make it just in time, before he would drop dead on the floor. His energy level decreased so rapidly just because of the quiet atmosphere surrounding him. Benjamin stifled a yawn and lolled his head onto the back of the sofa and observed the ceiling above. It was nothing much. Simple but perhaps sturdy. Benjamin was lost in observing it and his breathing was even. His eyes closed themselves softly and he was lost in a trance of darkness and silence. Benjamin wasn't asleep but he was resting his brain that was previously trying to contemplate a meaning of a word in the book.

It was until a pressure beside him sunk and it startled the pureblood. Benjamin opened his eyes immediately, a bit embarrassed that someone caught him closing his eyes. He heard her spoke something like an apology and he looked up at the intruder of his personal space. It was a girl, no doubt and she looked young. She was wearing her uniform and had a book in her hand. It was a familiar textbook and Benjamin's eyes took itself off from it. He faced the girl, with a small irritated expression affecting his once peaceful features. "Oh man. Do you mind sitting there instead?" Benjamin asked sleepily and rubbed his dark green eyes. He gestured to the other sofa in front of him that had the same neutral color as the one he was sitting on. "That is if you don't like invading in someone's personal space." Benjamin wasn't trying to be rude, but perhaps it did sound like a comment of arrogance. He had been featured already in the Rumour Has It magazine, talking with some halfblood girl. Benjamin wisely thought that staying out of the spotlight was something he could get used to doing. He did not mind being unnoticed anyways.
<i>
</i>

At the first sign of conflict, it was Mima's instinct to meekly apologise and run away. However, Maribelle didn't share that instinct, she was more inclined to stand up for herself and fight. And so it was that the living Mima was forced to meet these two warring personalities in the middle.

"Ugh, fine," she grunted, pulling herself upwards. Straightening up, she loomed over the boy as she stepped backwards towards another nearby couch. The rational, quiet Mima knew she was the one at fault. The irrational, Mari-Mima, however, wasn't going to let anybody push her around. "You can sleep in your own common room, you know," she snapped, glaring down at him. How dare someone push around a Scarlet! Mima was a pureblood from a wealthy family! She didn't need anyone telling her what to do. Well, so Mari reminded her. And so Alice had reminded her over the holidays.

"Slytherins. Think you're all so superior," she muttered, hypocritically. Her entire family were, of course, Slytherins, and Mima did fancy herself rather above everybody else, what with her birth circumstances.

Staring at the girl for her reaction was perhaps the most amusing thing in the past thirty minutes. Benjamin thought that she would snap at him and defend her own actions. He looked at her briefly and noticed the small grunt she let out. It wasn't much of a reply but he understood as soon as she made that sound. The boy positioned himself so that he was facing the sofa that she would sit on, regarding her curiously. He let his own green eyes study her face and once he set his eyes on hers, he noticed that familiarity of them. He was certain that he already saw those eyes before and there was something that was different about her. It almost looked like they were actually in the same situation in life. However, the next comment she uttered made him sneer a bit as he leaned forward to reply. "I can sleep anywhere I want. Anywhere that makes me feel comfortable." Benjamin know noticed the snap of her voice and the glare she gave nastily. Truthfully, he did not exactly care where he would sleep. He only wanted some peacefulness and he wanted to be alone. Benjamin looked away from her and took his book, flipping through the pages until he reached the part where he stopped. He recognized it and pretended to read until he heard the girl say something about his house. "Sorry what? What's it about us Slytherins?" With whatever insult it was, he felt offended by it. It seemed that she was judging the whole Slytherin house based on him. Or that was just how Benjamin thought it would be.

It was time to actually get rid of the nagging in his head. He leaned back and said casually, with a tone of arrogance, "you're that Scarlet girl. I never knew you were in Hufflepuff." He disliked the way she glared at him and getting to humiliate her was his goal for the day. Or maybe it wasn't, he just needed some entertainment. Either way, he just wanted to make a conversation with the girl, hoping to get an interesting result out of it. He shut his book softly and fingered the spine whilst watching her with clouded green eyes.

Mima stopped when the other boy correctly identified her. "I...it wasn't my choice!" she hastily defended herself, face reddening. "I should've been in Slytherin but the hat obviously made a mistake and anyway you shouldn't insult me because you know I'm a Scarlet and I'm a pureblood and I will not be spoken down to!" she exclaimed, words running in to each other as she blurted them all out, before she hastily stopped, face reddening even more.

Damn it, Maribelle, Alice, and all Scarlets before me! she thought to herself, angry and humiliated. Why can't you all just leave me alone?

Regaining her senses, Mima took a deep breath and cleared her throat. "Ahem. You're the Chase boy, aren't you?" Logical and calm Mima had returned, shoving emotional Maribelle to the side for a rare moment. "I don't know what came over me. My apologies." Her voice betrayed no emotion, no feeling. Of course she knew exactly what had come over her. She wasn't exactly going to admit what that was, however. She didn't need to be dragged off to St. Mungo's for insanity. Not at such a young age. At any rate, she didn't feel there was really that much wrong with her. She was coping, and that was that.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000"> Benjamin looked at the girl who seemed to go red as some lipstick that his mother had. He smirked at his triumph, amused to see that his small words seemed to make a big deal on her. Everyone knew that Hufflepuff was not exactly the house for people like him, pureblood and ambitiously sly. He just watched her red face make a sudden outburst whilst his face didn't make an effort to hide the huge smirk on his lips. "Whatever you say." Benjamin said, mimicking the high voice tone that the Hufflepuff had. It was too funny and he thought that he might burst with giggles. Benjamin bit his lower lip painfully, to stop whatever sound would come out of his mouth. He listened to whatever excuse she was going to say and scoffed when she seemed to demand respect from him. Why the hell would he do that? He was a Slytherin and a pureblood. However, some words caught him off guard which made his mouth drop slightly, leaving him in a silly expression. He thought that he heard something wrong from her outburst which left him wondering about what he just heard seconds ago. But quickly, he regained his mind and shut his mouth quickly, before the girl even had the confidence to laugh about it in front of his face. Benjamin cleared his throat and just stared at her whilst the silence stretched.

It wasn't long when her voice was there again, ringing in the Slytherin's ears. She seemed to recover from what she just did and what she just spilled. His personality towards her softened almost immediately because of what she said about her blood. Were both of them purebloods? "Er, yeah." He said, sensing the awkward atmosphere. What the hell? They were classmates and he was not so surprised that he knew his name. Well, basically his surname only. Benjamin observed her for a moment, noticing her sudden change of her tone in her voice. Benjamin waved a hand as if to dismiss the topic like a teacher. He did not want to talk about that. He wanted to know if he heard correctly or if his ears needed another cleaning. The Slytherin leaned forward and said so softly, "you're... a pureblood? Are you really a pureblood?" He asked, in awe to what he just discovered. All these years, he wanted company who was actually worthy to be in his presence; meaning both had the purest blood of all bloods. Benjamin simply sat awkwardly, waiting for what her reply would be whilst his heart pumped wildly in his chest.
<i>
</i>

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry this has taken so long! IRL dramas. D:

Mima simply tilted her head slightly at the boy's reaction to her. He had looked upon her in a teasing manner as she made that outburst...until she'd blurted out the fact that she was a pureblood. Mima was confused and startled by the boy's reaction. Weren't purebloods a normal thing? Her whole family was purebloods, and she'd met a few others (albeit rarely) in her early life. Sure, as her family constantly reminded her, they were the aristocracy of the wizarding bloodlines, and maybe there weren't that many of them compared to half-bloods, but still, Mima thought it was a relatively normal thing.

She just chose to talk to herself, or her dolls, instead of others, so she had no real way of knowing about anyone else.

"Um. Yes." She blinked, twice, confusion etched in to her face. "And it's not a bad thing, by any circumstance," she hastened to add, but stopped defending herself upon seeing his face. Mima didn't have much experience with people but even she could tell that this boy wasn't judging her harshly for her blood - indeed, he seemed in awe.

"Why, are you a pureblood too?" Knowing someone else of a high class bloodline would be beneficial. Her family would be proud, and perhaps she could even find an acquaintance or ally...perhaps even a friend. Despite her bizarre outbursts, of course.

Not that you need or deserve friends, Maribelle reproached her. Mima kept her expression neutral, avoiding the hurt the words caused her.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000"> Hearing that being a pureblood was something bad was quite foolish to say. Benjamin never heard such a thing, except from those people who held grudges on the people that were purebloods. Benjamin was usually treated indifferently when with other people because of his blood. But with that, he did not mind at all. He was the one who was supposed to be worthy of magic after all and not those mudbloods. He knew that there were purebloods in his batch, but most of those that he was aware off come from Slytherin which was a hundred percent expected. The girl, whose name was unknown to Benjamin yet, was not a Slytherin but a Hufflepuff. Benjamin did not exactly have something towards Hufflepuff. Instead, his dislike for the Gryffindors still remained. They caused him arguments always which usually drained his emotional energy after some verbal sparring. But despite that, he knew that arguing somehow made his tongue become quick and sharp whenever an insult was thrown at him. His reflexes were sharp too. "No, it's definitely not a bad thing." Benjamin cut his stare and replaced it with an interested twinkle from his eyes. He lowered his arrogant demeanor from her and tried to open up. It was a great feeling to find someone who can be of acquaintance, especially one who is a pureblood. He found comfort from his new discovery even though she was with the Hufflepuffs.

"Yeah." Benjamin simply stated and left the silence hanging in the air. He leaned back and sunk his back on the backrest of the sofa, feeling the heat between his back and the leather of the seat. It was a bit uncomfortable but he resisted leaning forward again. Benjamin studied her, but he did not find her like his family members who carried grace whilst they walked. Except for Victoria and Lucas who were too young to understand the logic behind their blood. "You're always quiet whenever I see you." He pointed out bluntly, a blank face facing the girl. He was not so sure why she was like that but he knew that purebloods like him should be proud of what they are and they have nothing to be ashamed off. Even though some of the prejudices died down, Benjamin's family still had the belief of being superior and worthy of magic. He thought that her family should be somewhat proud as well but the way she portrayed herself whilst walking in the halls wasn't exactly what Benjamin thought of.
<i>
</i>

Mima relaxed a little. Meeting another pureblood was interesting, a good thing, even. Her family would be proud. Even she was happy - it was nice to meet someone of her status. Being in Hufflepuff house meant that she generally had to keep her mouth shut about her blood status and her family's opinions. If she'd been sorted in to Slytherin, like she'd hoped, she wouldn't have had to, and she would've perhaps met like-minded people, like this boy, earlier on. As it was, in Hufflepuff she had to keep quiet. Purebloods had something of a negative stigma in a house that was keen on letting everybody and anybody in. As such, she simply avoided everyone and kept her mouth shut.

She could tell, though, that he was judging her for the way she carried herself. "I don't want to open my mouth to say silly things." Mima looked away for a moment, hiding a small smile at how hypocritical the statement seemed, before looking back at the boy. She shrugged. "I'm not really used to being around lots of people. It's kind of overwhelming," she admitted. Mima shook her head slightly, and then sat up straight, extending a hand towards the boy. "What's your name, anyway? I'm Mima."

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000"> To meet a person who had the same blood as his was exciting for Benjamin. Only, the person was a girl which disappointed him a little. He had hoped for a boy that could be a friend. A boy who had the same beliefs implanted such as blood supremacy. Benjamin never thought that a Hufflepuff would ever reveal himself being a pureblood to others, and he found her surprising. How could a student from Hufflepuff not be modest? Their outstanding traits, which was loyalty always depicted them as people who were simple in living. But some also varied when faced by Benjamin. He sat stiffly on the couch whilst waiting for whatever reply the other pureblood might say. He nodded in understanding, ignoring the brief turn of her head away from his. Saying silly things were usual for him, because of his immaturity as a boy. He hated homeworks and his favorite hobby was to only lay around, lazy. His life cycle was unpredictable, and he did not exactly follow a schedule everyday, except for his classes. He knew Scarlet barely, and he was eager to know what her views were - if her family believed that purebloods were worthy of everything.

Benjamin thought that it was strange to be overwhelmed just because people surrounded him. He was curious though, on how she could ever socialize if she disliked being surrounded. His social life was alive with the help of countless arguments that he had encountered. He did not regret all of them though because trouble never exactly found him. The professors did not seem to mind as well. "So you mean to say you isolate yourself from the rest." He stated, bluntly again for her to realize that he thought of it as something to be ashamed off. Their blood was something important and it gave them a reputation against other people. Benjamin was quite young, and a thirteen year old like him did not exactly want to be known notoriously. "Why do you do that?" The question was demanding but he was careful with his tone. It was curious and at the same time; sharp. He gave her a look of disbelief on whatever reason she would want to place it with. He never thought of isolating himself with the rest, but he did think that it was best to just go with the flow discreetly. "Benjamin." He smiled at her softly, noticing that her name was so short. Mima... He wondered if that was only her nickname or her full first name.
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back