Siara Bennington

Wand
13 1/2 inches, Cherry, Phoenix feather
The Basics
Character's Name: Siara Bennington
Character's Birthdate: 31 Jan, 2009
Hometown: Razgrad, Bulgaria
Blood Status: Mixed Blood. Muggle father, half-blooded mother.
Wand: 13 ½ inches, Cherry, Phoenix Feather. Her wand has no connection to her mother’s wand (10 inches, Willow, unicorn hair) so she guessed it is related to what her father would have had if he were magical, which she is fairly sure he wasn’t.
Hogwarts House: n/a

Appearance
Hair: The small third year’s hair is cut just past her shoulders and straight. It is a light reddish brown color with slightly more red than brown.
Eyes: Her eyes are shockingly blue. Often the first thing people notice about her, Siara sometimes wishes they were different though she doesn’t mind entirely.
Height: 4’11”
Style: 100 lb
Other Distinguishing Features: Siara guesses that her father was an Irish traveler since she has very Irish features and her mother is Bulgarian and Swedish. She has many freckles gracing her face which seem to multiply in the sun. While she doesn’t necessarily burn easily in the sun, her skin is almost never tan unless she is consistently outside. Those who hang around Siara long enough know that she is extremely flexible and often can be found stretching to keep that flexibility up. Her love of dance is a contributing factor to this. Also, when on her own, she can be found doing some sort of exercises to keep her strength up, be it crunches, lunges, push-ups, or some other whacky exercise she invents.

A Little Deeper
Personality: The thirteen-year-old witch is definitely one whom most people like. Being raised to never be mean to anyone and to accept everyone as they are, Siara is very friendly and outgoing. She is often the first to go and introduce herself to someone regardless of what they look like, where they come from, or how they behave. She loves meeting new people and often goes out of her way to help others. She is a non-judgmental sort of girl meaning that she will not change her manner around different people just because she likes some better than others. Her mother always told her to never judge a book by its cover and Siara has made a point to live by that because she wants to keep her mother proud.

Being a dancer, Siara often will dance around rather than just walk. She can often be found leaping and turning every few steps or, at the very least, trying to stretch and work on her strength. Her craft is her life and her dedication. She doesn’t mind dancing for people though she prefers to wait until she has a routine completed and perfected to show anyone. Her ultimate ambition would be to become a dancer though she is content with a Wizarding career because it is something she knows her mother would like.

Bering a preppier sort of girl, Siara is very giggly. With her closest friends, she is always giggling about something or another, enjoying a joke or just giggling at something someone else did. Unfortunately, one of Siara’s vices is being a gossip. She will often try and find out as many facts as she can before she goes to her friends with a story but she is still not right most of the time. She doesn’t mind, though, for she just loves talking about anything and everything with her friends.

While she was at Durmstrang, she, naturally, had her own favorite classes. She was excellent in charms and Herbology. Charms just came naturally to her. Everything she did was right and, while to took several tries to get a spell right, as with everyone else, she eventually got it, taking less tries than most of her class. This was exciting for her because she thought Charms would be the class she was worst in, seeing how her mother sometimes struggled with the simplest charms. Herbology came naturally, she assumes, from something having to do with her grandfather. Villi always told her that her aunt, Dannie, was phenomenal in Herbology and that it was something inherited from Grandpa Bennington. Potions and History of Magic, however, were a whole other story. Siara was bad with practical application and Potions was an entire subject devoted to practical application of knowledge. She had a hard time measuring out ingredients and putting everything in exactly the way it was meant to. It made absolutely no sense to her. History of Magic was just impossible for her to stay awake in. She constantly tried her hardest to stay awake but the professor was just so bland with her teaching methods that Siara could not understand it for the life of her.

History: Siara’s life began in the home where her mother grew up, a small simple home in Razgrad, Bulgaria. The result of a one-night-stand with a Muggle, Siara never knew much about her father. All the girl knew was that her father was an Irish charmer and her mother loathed him for it. While her childhood was spent living pay-check top paycheck with her mother, Siara enjoyed the simpler aspects of childhood. She was the sort of girl who was more than content going to the park and just playing in the sandbox for hours until it was time to return home. The tiny girl never needed many toys or anything fancy. She was content with her favorite doll (dark curly hair, green eyes, and a pretty brown dress) and her favorite stuffed animal, a teddy bear which her aunt had sent her when she was born.

When the red head turned six-years-old, her mother decided it was time to get her involved in something so she signed the girl up for dance lessons, something that they barely had the money for but something Villi knew would be good for her daughter. The lessons forced the family to sacrifice other things, such as nice dinners out, but Siara never minded one bit. The moment she tried on her first pair of tiny pink ballet shoes, she was in love with dancing and, as such, devoted her life to it with the utmost care towards everything she did. When she was still little, she didn’t entirely understand why some things were done, such as stretching before class or drinking water to keep hydrated, but she did them anyway and ultimately developed the habit of stretching every day, dance class or not, and drinking more water than the average little girl would. As she grew older, the importance of stretching and hydrating became clear and she made a point to remember to do both every day. This intense dedication resulted in Siara being more flexible than most of the girls in her class. She had a full split on both sides as well as in the center by the time she was eight, while all of the other girls she dances with were only about halfway there. As she grew, she began doing odd jobs around the neighborhood to earn her own money to be able to pay for more dance classes. She was such a dedicated dancer that her instructors would often give her free lessons simply because they did not want her to stop dancing.

In her early years, Siara knew that she was going to be a witch, Growing up with a single mother who was a witch and relied on magic to help her through the day, Siara always knew she would follow in her mother’s footsteps and attend a school of magic where she, too, would learn how to perform the same spells her mother did. When she turned eleven, she was sent off to Durmstrang, a school of magic different from the one her mother attended. While Villi went to Hogwarts, she could not afford to send Siara to and from London every year to catch the Hogwarts express. Durmstrang was a much easier school to get to and, thus, much more affordable. Most of Siara’s things were second-hand and she was forced to give up her dance lessons to afford everything she needed for school but she promised her instructors she would continue dancing while away at school and would try to return as often as she could.

Unfortunately, she would never return to her old studio as two years after starting at Durmstrang, Villi heard that her sisters children were going to be attending a school in New Zealand which was said to be better than Hogwarts and Durmstrang both. This news sent the small Bennington family packing to New Zealand. While it was hard on their budget, Villi managed to come up with barely enough money to get them both as well as their stuff to New Zealand and into a small but livable house. The family is currently struggling to survive but Villi has a promising job and Siara has resumed doing odd jobs around the neighborhood.

Family:
Mother: Villi Bennington. Siara’s mother is
Father: Unknown. Siara’s father and mother had a one-night-stand nearly fourteen years ago which Siara was the result of. Villi refuses to tell Siara anything of her father, seemingly ashamed of what it did to the family. Siara, however, has been able to deduce that he was Irish contributing to her freckles and red hair, and that he was cold hearted jerk for leaving her mother. The small girl usually does not talk about her father to anyone unless they ask for she is almost embarrassed to tell them her history though her very closest friends know about her father. Also, she is sure he is a Muggle for it is the only thing her mother told her about him. Siara guesses that this is partly why he left. Her mother let it slip she was a witch and he fled in fear. All this does is add to her hatred of him.
Grandmother: Elissaveta “Eli” Bennington. Villi is closer to her mother than Dannie ever was or ever hopes to be. While having Siara set that relationship apart a little, Villi still is in contact with Eli and is still happy to have visits from her mother. Siara doesn’t know what to think of her grandmother. She has met her but most of the visits were when Siara was a baby so she doesn’t remember very much. Eli is a Muggle. Her husband, Danail (deceased) was the wizard of the family.
Cousins: Jadyn Heaton (10), Zachary Heaton(10), Bryan Heaton(7), Yvette Heaton(6)
Aunt and Uncle: Dannie Bennington-Heaton (32), Jacob Heaton (33)

Other
- What would their Patronus be? Her patronus would definitely be a graceful doe because of how they move. Siara thinks they are such beautiful animals, always leaping and basically dancing to get [places rather than just walking. Siara is the same way. She dances wherever she goes rather than just walks.
- What would their Boggart be? Siara's boggart would definitely be her mother dead. The woman is one Siara turns to for everything. When she has a bad day, she goes to mom before anyone else to seek guidance. If she needs a lift somewhere, mom is the first person she thinks to ask. Her mother has been her rock through everything and Siara honestly doesn't know what she would do without the woman.
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) Her Animagus would be a swallow. Just like does, Swallows are graceful animals, gliding through the sky on the most beautiful wings, diving and spinning and, essentially dancing with the wind. Just like Siara.
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Siara would see herself finding a happy way to be both a dancer and have a wizarding career as they are both things which interest her greatly. She hates the thought of having to pick between the two and, therefore, would much rather
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Siara would use the memory of the first time she tried on her first pair of ballet shoes.

The small six-year-old finally managed to get the chair close enough to the closet that she could reach the top shelf if she really tried. Her small teddy bear sat on the bed watching her as she reached for the box she knew contained something for her. High hopes told her they were the dance shoes she would be wearing to her first lesson next week. Excitement coarsed through her veins as she finally managed to make a tiny hand touch the bottom of the box and pull it out a little bit. With several more tries, she made the box finally topple past her, bounce off the chair where it lost its lid, and land with a thud on the floor. Sprawled out next to the box were two soft pink shoes still wrapped in tissue paper. They were just her size, or so she assumed from standing on top of the chair looking down.

Carefully leaping off the chair, she plopped her teeny bum on the floor and pulled the shoes towards her. Unwrapping the, careful to not rip the tissue paper, she slid the shoes on her feet. Nothing excited her more in that moment than knowing that soon, she would be dancing around a room with other girls her age prancing around to pretty music being a pretty little ballerina. From that moment, her life was changed. She was forever a dancer.

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
Dear Diary,

Today was actually a pretty good day. We finally unpacked all of our boxes and mom said I could go out. I could tell she kind of didn't want me to. She wanted me to stay home with her but she insisted that I go and meet people. So I put on my favorite dance clothes and went to find a studio. Sure enough, I did! They had open space so I went in there and danced. Some girl I've never seen came in and we were talking and dancing together and it was great. It's so awesome to have a friend around here now, even if she is a little younger than me.

Which reminds me, I haven't found my cousins yet! I mean, I don't really knew what I'm looking for seeing as I haven't seen them like, ever, but I still want to find them. Maybe mom can call auntie Dannie and we can all meet up together. That would be awesome. I just want to meet them so I can know more people. From what mom's told me about Jadyn, we would get along. Maybe we could even be in the same house at Hogwarts. That would me so cool!

Okay, I'm really hungry and mom's calling me for dinner. I smell home-made veggie soup! Write you later.

Love always,
Siara.

Any questions you have would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Hmmm... okay, here are some things I'd like to know about Siara:

-how did she feel when she heard the news she'd be moving to NZ?
-would she like a pet? If so, what? If not, why not?
-she seems very focused - did she have a lot of friends at Durmstrang/before Durmstrang?
-has her tendency to gossip ever gotten her into trouble or made her any enemies?
-does she want to become an animagus?
-she seems to always be cheerful; what kinds of things would bring her mood down?

I'll think of more later.

I'm going to answer 1 and 3 together. Siara was mixed about moving to NZ. On the one hand, she really liked the studio she danced at but on the other hand, with the exception of a small group of 3 really close friends, she didn't have many friends at Durmstrang. Moving to NZ was like a fresh start for her as far as a social life went but on the other hand, she misses her studio and those friends.

If she were to get a pet, she would definitely get an owl. To her, they require the least amount of maintenance when bought as adults and she could use it to correspond with her old friends.

She likes to keep her gossip just between her and her friends so it doesn't get out. She hasn't ever had the problem of the gossip leaking out of her tight circle so in the instance it ever did, she wouldn't know what to do.

While she thinks it would be fun to become an animagus, she thinks the amount of time it takes would take away from her dancing so for the meantime, she isn't planning on becoming one.

Her good mood, while often up, can easily be brought down by someone outright insulting her dance or by just being unreasonably rude/mean to her. She's the type of person who's not going to judge (as i already mentioned) but she's also a firm believer in treat others as you would like to be treated. so if someone's going to be mean to her, she's going to be mean right back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back