Alternate RP Shut up and Fish

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Austin Maxwell

Texan | Marine Biologist | Young dad

OOC First Name
Alex
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Set in July
The winter in New Zealand was unbearable to Austin. Having to live all his life in Texas where heat was common and the snow was nowhere to be found most of the winter. His mum packed lots of winter coats for him but it wasn’t enough that he had to buy some over here. Yes, he was excited when his application to intern at Victoria University was accepted but upset at the same time that he would leave his friends in Port Aransas where he formerly intern as a Marine Biologist.

Although, lucky that his school, University of Texas, has an internship program with other international school. Austin packed up for the day after seeing Sperm Whales in Kaikuora. Magnificent creatures they are and he was honoured to be given an opportunity to see them in the wild. He always loves the sea, all his life he’s been living by the Gulf of Mexico but the down side was the oil rigs and oil spills that happens quite frequently than usual.

Cold and hungry, Austin decided to get some coffee at a nearest Starbucks. His parents would wire him money even though he makes a decent amount here in New Zealand. Being the only kid, he was being spoiled and yet, he doesn’t like it that way. The boy ordered his usual grande flat white and bacon and Gouda sandwich, his southern accent can’t be missed. He smiled at the barista as they gave him his order and sat down near the windows.

Jenna was thinking what she will be do when shcool was end. She finaly got her 17 years and she still was free girl it was that bad? Her all friends was dating and she was more emotian as ever. Why she was so care anyway? Jenna ordered coffe and take her place and she wanted something drawning in her note book. Drawning when she sit next some boy and she was drinked her coffing and she was just drawning. She today was not realy good mood and she hoped that her coffe would be help her.

Sipping his coffee cautiously, a woman just appeared and sat across from him. He thought she hadn’t noticed him and Austin decided to be silent until he noticed she was drawing. The boy became curious and wanted to struck a conversation. Austin wasn’t an artist but he can appreciate a hard work art any time of the day.

The sea is more of his masterpiece, the creatures that lives in it are his models. Weird but he sees his line of work, art. Austin looked from the drawing pad to the person doing the work. He noticed her cheeks, they’re plump and red from the cold
“Pretty dang cold outside, huh?” He asked, his Texan souther drawl coming up. He can’t seems to take off the accent, maybe if he hired a speech teacher that he’ll get rid of it someday.

“What ya sketching?” Austin was done for today. So, a little conversation won’t hurt him. Although, he has some school work to do but that can wait till later when he comes back to his dorm. The people of New Zealand was by far nice and helpful. He didn’t felt left out at anything even with his roommate who constantly ask him to join them for night outs.

For the moment Jenna looked who was talking with her. She didn't know enymore why she was try know another people but she needed be nice and just forget her complex. "Yes, it's preaty cold. You are not from here?" She asked and Jenna was always think if she have accent to becouse she was from Turkey?" It' just coffe drawn and i din't know what else drawn." It was her mood fault and she don't have lot of ideas.

Austin knew she was going to ask him that but he wasn't embarrassed. His cousins have much deeper accents than him. "I'm from Texas, United States of America. Not much too see there other than hills and plains." Although, he likes living in the big state, the only problem was getting out of it. Some travels by plane just to get to the next big city and some who hates flying tend to drive. Traveling by vehicle to get to another big city takes at least 4 to 5 hours depending if the roads are being constructed. Him and his family were lucky that they live not far from Houston, another big city in Texas.

"Ya draw anything else than coffee?" He chuckled. Austin wondered if she draws sea creatures? Should he ask if she can? "Name's Austin, by the way." The boy didn't want to be called something else.

"Texas? Wouw, i never was there. How was there live? I was born Turkey and now live New yourk" Jenna asked him and she was just curios about him and she was interesting about United states and she know how was more excited Kiara when she was told that she was going to North Carolina. "Yes, i drawn people faces, nature and something funny. My mom was artist" She smiled him. "Nice to meet you. My name is Jenna!" Mayby he will be to run away when she will be told her ages and thst she was only 17 years. Mayby she needed tell and see what he thinks? It was funny if he told her that she is look to old her age.

He'd met a lot of Jenna in his life time before. Some of them had became his classmates in the muggle world and wizarding world. Austin lives in North America, his parents won't send him at Hogwarts Scotland because as they said in their own word 'It's too far'. The boy doesn't know why they won't let him meet his distant family either. He'll know one day but for now, he will just focus on his studies and his new surroundings. "Pretty name." Austin complimented her with a warm smile.

Hearing Jenna asked how's living in Texas is and he can't really describe Texas other than their traffic problems.
"Texas has pretty much everything; The gulf coast, the hill country and the flat plains in the West. Only half of Texas is pretty much a desert. I grew up by the gulf coast, that's why I love the sea creatures living in the water. They look peaceful and harmless. Oh! and barbeque, yah gotta try those bad boys. My mama and nana bakes the best peach cobbler and pecan pie. My powpow (grandfather) loves barbequing." Austin just poured everything about Texas to Jenna and hoped she didn't get overwhelmed about the information he had given.

The boy loves his home state except the politics which he never cared to debate with other people. But he does use his voting skills to good use. "You said yah from New York? I've only been there once and wow! Too crowded for me, sorry. But how's Turkey? I've never been and wonder how's the country?" Austin focused the topic on their homeland. He did heard him say something about her mum being an artist but the word 'was' stopped him from asking.

"Thanky" She smiled him with warm smile. Later she drinked her coffe and then now started a little more information from Texas. It was amaizing hear that he loved his home and she was the same feeling about New Yourk. "What do you meen Texas is like a desert? That sound preaty amaizing." Jenna smiled him and Texas sounded amaizing place and mayby later when she be 18 can go and looked this place and take amaizing pictures.

"Yes, i am from New Yourk. But right now i am staying in New Zealand and i have work and shcool here. Well, my brother was going to Turkey when i was go to North Carolina and go wedding. Jule is preaty hot there and is 50 Grades. There is so warm and night is 45 grades in summer. And i love so much sweets there" Jenna told him and drinked coffe.

Austin almost spit his coffee out hearing what she just said. Has she been in a desert before? He thought to himself. The heat in Texas in the summer goes to 42 degrees Celsius and that's not with the humidity in the coast. "I ain't gonna say the desert is amazing in Texas but them sure are a looker." The only looker in that part of Texas was a The Big Bend National Park where he used to make a trail and hike. "You have a brother? That's nice, wish I have one." He was an only child and it was sometimes hard for him. Being the center of attention when he doesn't want to be.

Austin's parents were disappointed though when he decided to be a Marine Biologist. His mum, a Wizarding Senator for Texas was excited when he finally graduated Ilvermorny. While his dad, a Political Science Professor was about to help him get into Harvard Law. The boy disobeyed them but being an only child, they still helped him get into a good school with a good international school ties. "You say a wedding? Are yah the bride or are yah the maid of honour?" He asked chuckling a little bit. She was too young to be the bride that's for sure.

"Okey! Yeah, but we are not so close as twins." Becouse they somtimes got long fight and she didn't know why she was try take come down but she was try be friendly and no more fight. "You are only family? You are luck. I have s brother and half sister to" She told him. It was like a dream come true and she was alone in her family. That she can try all attantion to her dad.

"No. I am to young and I only have 17 years. It was Reagan Wolf sisters wedding and i first time was American wedding" she giggled and then told him. It was still hard about that Reagan was not like her becouse she got crush on him and it was preaty stupid from her.

EDIT

He had a thought about having siblings. It’s great to have one, to have a best friend but then again they will be compared to each other and Austin didn’t want it like that. Although, if he will ever get a sibling, he wants his parents to threat them equal even if the age difference is huge. Austin chuckled, he might be just the only child but he has cousins from his mother’s side.

“I’m just joking, of course, you look young and pretty. I’ll be surprised if you have a boyfriend.” Austin’s cheeks warmed up at the mentioned of relationships. He had a crush at this one girl from his college but she turned him down when he started courting her. “American wedding?” he’d been in lots of wedding. American, Canadian, Native American and Mexican wedding. He’d seen it all.

''Aww, you are realy sweet. You to are cute. I don't have a boyfriend.'' Jenna take deep breath and she don't wanted tell him that he left her Valentin's day. ''Yeah, American wedding'' She smiled and drinked coffe.

His cheeks redden when she called him cute, no one has said something to him like that before except his mother. “Thank you.” Austin can feel his whole body warmed up. He was getting nervous, his way with women are limited. After his crush turned him down, he hadn’t court anybody else after. The guy chugged down his Luke warm coffee and smiled at her. “So, do you work around town? I was wondering if you want to get lunch sometimes.” It was a first for him in forever to ask someone out, well, it wasn’t asking out. Just two acquaintances having lunch.

Jenna feel her cheek turned a little red when he asked her go out somtimes. It was so sweet and nice for him and she was forgot how nice feeling this was. It felt preaty good right now. ''I work Scrivenshaft's shop as assistant, you can find me there. I would love to go with you.'' Jenna smiled him and mayby she needed give him her phone number.

Austin felt proud on taking his fear out of the way. Although, shy around women, he can handle a bit of them. “Scrivenshaft’s Shop? I think I’ve heard it before … So, you’re a witch then?” Austin asked, never he had encountered another wizarding in the vicinity before. But he knows where the shop is located. Austin feared that this girl just assumes everyone is their kind.

Living in North America was hard enough as it is being a magical. There were conspiracy theories everywhere. It was like they’re still living the Salem Witch Trials.
“How about a lunch next week at the Beach House and Kiosk? That way after lunch we can go to the local aquarium?” Austin hoped she doesn’t mind looking at the marine creatures and fossils.

"Yeah. Are you a wizard our muggle?" She hoped that he was a wizard and hoped that he is not muggle. Mayby her dad won't be angry about that. "Do you have a mobile phone? I can give you my number" Jenna smiled him.

"It's a date? I would love to go with you Aquarium and dinner" Jenna agreed and why not take a little risk in her life.

It would be risky to ask questions like that if you didn’t know the person. Specially when you meet them in the muggle world. “Yes, my mum’s pure blooded and my dad’s halfblood. I don’t know much about my dad’s ancestry, all I know is he’s from England.” Austin answered her question even if it is dodgy. “I do.” He happy got a tissue paper off the dispenser and took his pen out. He wrote his phone number in it and slide it to Jenna.

Austin’s cheeks warmed up again when she said it was a date. Was he just naive or something? He wasn’t that fast isn’t he? He didn’t want to scare her off but she took his offer either way.
“Great! It’s a-a date then.” He stuttered nervously and they just met.

''My dad is Halfblood and my mom was muggleborn. He is lucky, i always wanted traweled to England. It's like a small dream.'' She always wanted go England and looked to Big Ben our London museum. She was see many places but never England. It was such a shame. Jenna take the nummer and writed her new mobile phone Redmi note 9. Later Jenna writed her nummer New Youker and gave him. There was see New Youker number.

Jenna blushed him and she was happy that she got a date.

You should ask her to go to London Austin's conscience talked him to an idea he didn't want to offer so suddenly. "I heard from me dad that the food is good in England." He wondered if his dad had cooked any England dish to them because some of the recipes he had was unknown to him. "Maybe when I go to a marine expedition in United Kingdom, you can come with me?" He was too weak to resist the temptation to ask. Austin sip the remaining coffee he had.

'' Realy? I heard there is good pizza. Do you liked?'' She was curios about him if he liked pizza our something of junk food. Jenna never eated to much but somtimes she loved spend time with Kiara and eating fries. ''Well, you think we will be met that long? I am just curios. But if my dad let me go then i would love to go. '' She smiled and finished her coffe drink.

Pizza was the least favourite he has. It was more for city folks and he lives in the country side where his dad cook rather than his mum who’s a politician. His mum didn’t had to relocate for her position, she can simply apparate. “I dun like pizza that much. A good steak is my favourite.” A true Texan was always into steak and bbq. Medium rare is what he prefers. A great smoke is what he wants in his brisket.

“Why can we meet that long? We practically live in the same country. My internship doesn’t finish for another year. After that I might work permanently here in New Zealand.” Austin gave Jenna a warm smile. He thought it would be nice to established himself in a permanent place. He’ll miss Texas but it’s time to grow up and explore. The man looked at his watch and was surprised the time got by so fast. “anyways, I’ll call you for that lunch.” He winked at her playfully and stood up. Finally he made a friend, and he was happy about it. Austin walked out of the shop and head back to his dorm.

' I love stake to. '' She smiled Austin. She loved medium stake and with fries. It was like the best day when she eated.

''I not sure if i say that right but i have a little complex to my self. I will work New Zealand to and live in Qeenstown. '' She smiled Austin. ''Have a nice day and see you soon.'' Jenna told him and then she left coffe shop and walked back to her work and finished some things and then back shcool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back