Sending a letter to Pungahn

River Tamn

River walked up to the Owlery with her newly written letter to her friend Pungahn. When she entered the Owlery many of the owls were already gone. "I guess I'm one of the last to leave." She heard an excited hoot, and looked to her right where she saw her owl Selene. River went over to her and rubbed her neck. "Hi girl. How are you today. I'm going to need you to deliver this letter for me." Selene ruffled her feathers excitedly. "It's going to be a very long journey," River said to her concerned, "so take it easy. Rest often so you don't become exhausted."

Selene gave River a friendly nip on her hand and extended her right leg out. River tied the note, and Selene brought her leg back in. River gave her a treat, a pat on the head, and said, "Thank you, and I'll see you at home."

With that Selene took off out of a window in the tower. River hoped that she would be okay. It was quite a long journey from New Zealand to Texas and then back again. She watched Selene until she was completely out of sight, and then River left the tower to grab her things to go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back