Sending a letter to her dad.

Laura O'Connor

Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2inches. Core - Tail hair of Charmed Newt
Laura ran up the stairs to the Owlery, wishing to send a letter to her dad, telling him that she had got here in one piece, how much she missed him, and the love she had already for HNZ.

The letter was clasped in her hand, and she whistled her owl, Nightgazer, down from his perch. He flew to her wrist, and she gave him some Owl Treats to keep him busy while she attached the letter to his leg. It went as follows:
Dear Dad,

I arrived in HNZ alive and well. I met loads of people on the train, including one really nice girl called Patricia Rogers. She's a Muggle Born, but she knows a lot about the Wizarding World already.

The Sorting Ceremony went really well. Patricia was Sorted into Hufflepuff, but guess what, I was Sorted into Gryffindor! How cool is that?!

The girls in my dorm are really nice. We're all getting along really well. Steph and Belle are nearly joined at the hip already.
I think there's a romance going on between Steph and one of the boys too!

Give mum and Jo a big hug from me, and tell Jo to call here soon before she joins the Ministry. I really want to see her.

Love to all of you,
~Laura

Watching Nightgazer fly away until he was only a dot in the sky, Laura leaned against the window and sighed. Life was going to look up.

Hollie ran into the owlery, to see Laura there, leaning againt the window.
"Hey," she said, "You OK? Letter home?" She grinned. "I sent my owl on a mission home too. All the way to England. She'll be exhausted, poor thing." Hollie looked around. "So, in the peace of our own space, don't ya think that Belle and Steph are like, inseperable? And I think Belle whispered something about Steph and that James Abbott kid!"
She giggled. She knew this was gossip, but she was desperate to share this with someone else.

Hollie gasped in horror.
"Oh no, really?" she said, her voice full of sympathy. "Where was she crying? And when did James say that?" she knew she was being nosy, but she felt she had a right to know, for some random reason. "I thought they would have been quite cute together, but later on. I mean, 2 weeks into 1st year is a bit early I guess..." she paused, waiting for Laura to say something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back