seeing the sights

Emmett Martin

OOC First Name
Elise
Emmett was walking around Obsidian Harbor looking at everything. He had first found out he was a wizard when he was with his aunt and uncle and he could see some pup that his uncle couldn't. It turns out he was a muggle born and his aunt and her son were a witch and wizard too! Talk about coincidences. He looked in a store window and saw a flying broom, "amazing" he whispered.

Rakas was walking down the sidewalk of Obsidian Harbor. He was listening to his iPod, his black mohawk standing straight up and high. Rakas was listening to some metal band, the music up really high. Rakas saw a boy close to his age standing at a window. Rakas peered in, his emerald eyes shining with curiosity. He inquired softly, "What are you looking at?"

"flying brooms" Emmett said looking over to the boy, he looked like any other punk kid in his neighborhood so he wasnt surprised by his appearance. He turned his gold topaz eyes back to the store. He was going to have to ask his aunt about one when he got home, maybe Brodie could teach him. Brodie wasnt around much, in fact he had only been there a couple of hours on christmas. His aunt had said its because he didnt like her husband or there daughter. Emmett didnt see how anyone could hate there baby sister, he loved his. "what are you listening to?" he asked hearing the boys i-pod.

Rakas nodded, understanding. "I'm not allowed to own a flying broom. I am...prohibited." He didn't pronounce the word right, but he didn't care. Rakas wondered if his older brother had a broom that he flew around on. He doubted it, severly. Rakas took out one of his earphones and answered, "Some metal band way back in the day. The kind of stuff that growls a lot and has violent lyrics. Want to listen?" Rakas had the earphone in his hand, for the boy to take.

"um no thanks, my older brother is into that kind of music i get it a lot at home" he said with a mental sigh. It was the worst when his brother decided he wanted to play his music the loudest during Jillian's nap time. "im not really a music type of person im more into sports" he said with a smile. "Im Emmett by the way, Emmett McCarty"

"My brother got me into it. He is like...well, I live with him." Rakas put the earphone back in, and turned to volume down so he could jam and talk at the same time. Rakas shook his head at the thought of sports, "Eh, we don't have that in common. I am not a sports person." Rakas added, unable to smile over the years of abuse, "Rakas Varius, pleasure to meet you, Emmett. Strange name, by the way." He didn't mean it to be rude, as his emerald eyes were warm and friendly.

"yes i suppose it is, but then again so is Rakas Varius" he said with a slight laugh. "why do you live with your brother?" he asked. He knew if he lived with his brother one of them would get beat to death, they didnt get along very well at all. It became even worse when Emmett found out he was a wizard his brother thought he was a freak and told him so every day.

Rakas nodded, "I guess so. I find my name quite normal, along with Grezhen Varius And Azerail." Rakas heard the next question, and hesitated to answer. He was abused, a lot. In all forms, so what could he say? "Um, I get along with Grezhen more than my parents. Azerail lives with us too, my other brother. But he goes to Hogwarts. He writes us everyday, and a few times he keeps mentioning a girl." Rakas had no interest in girls, but it amused Grezhen though.

"oh, thats cool i guess" Emmett said hoping he didnt bring up anything to akward. "what house is your brother in?" Emmett asked. The only thing he knew about hogwarts was that there were four houses Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin. His aunt had said that her and her first husband had been in Slytherin and that his cousin Brodie would probably be in it to.

Rakas shrugged. He had to think of how to say that house. Once he pinpointed it, he answered, "Azerail is in Slytherin." Rakas wanted to be in Gryffindor, because the symbol was a lion, and he thought it was really cool. "Why do you ask?" Rakas found himself moving slightly to the music, and he stopped moving. He went back to wondering where Grezhen was. It wasn't often for him to leave Rakas alone for a period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back