Secret gifts

Scorpius nodded his head in agreement, as if she had been the one to suggest it and smiled to himself. He turned to look at he with interest as she spoke up, pocketing his new gift carefully after he had turned it off. He took a seat on the bench again, resting his head against the cold wall with the photo album placed loosely in his lap. "You told me so?" he repeated a bit confused but his eyebrow was raised in interest and curiosity yet again.

He gestured for her to take a seat again and half smirked and half chuckled when she revealed that she and Toni were practically friends. "Wow," he murmured softly, trying to conceal his smirk. "And I thought it would never be possible," he said out loud shaking his head. To him, Toni wasn't a hard person to get along with at all, yet Jenna and Hoshi seemed to think otherwise. For a while he thought perhaps it was a girl thing, but Taylor had succeeded in befriending her so that couldn't have been it. "Well, I'm proud of you," he stated mock-proudly, clapping her softly on the shoulder with a smug and look similar to Taylor's and he stuck his tongue out at her playfully before he laughed lightly. "Maybe now you can convince Jenna and Hoshi to get along with her too," he added half jokingly, half seriously.

She laughed lightly and took the seat that Scorpius gestured to next to him. She sat with her legs up on the bench, wrapping her arms around them and placed her head on her knees. She didnt like the Dungeons all that much, but with Scorpius it made no difference where she was. She admitted befriending Toni had only been achieved after the second meeting with the girl and they had only become friends because Taylor helped Toni with her problems.

Knight then clapped her on the shoulder, distracting her from her thoughts and she smirked at him, nudging him in the ribs when he stuck his tongue out at her. When he stated that she could maybe convince Jenn and Hoshi she raised her eyebrows and looked at him with her head tilted slightly forward. "Now, I may have befriended Toni, but Im not a miracle worker." She laughed. She didnt think anything could get Toni, Hoshi and Jenna to be friends. All this mess had come about because of Sam. In Taylor's opinion it was stupid, but she guessed she needed to know the whole story before she could make assumptions.

Scorpius let out a laugh when she said she wasn't a miracle worker though he quickly tried to cover it up with a cough; he felt bad for laughing at the situation for some reson. He nodded his head and said, "Yeah I didn't have high hopes for that one." He shook his head softly still with a smile on his face at the thought of three of the girls he hung out with all hating each other and a lot of the times it was awkward. Add Sam into the mix and the tension just kept on getting higher since all the drama seemed to be because of him. Scorpius didn't mind it so much really, they all acted civil when he and Prince were around, and the drama between Prince, Jenna, and Toni seemed to have calmed down a lot. "I bet you're glad you weren't part of the 'drama' eh?" he said to Taylor with a nudge as he put air quotations on the word 'drama.' He really didn't know if she knew everything that happened, but it wasn't hard to guess.

Taylor let out a small snort of laughter. It was actually a very strange thought thinking they would all get along one day. No Taylor didnt think that was going to happen. There was just too much hostility in the group, well between the girls anyway. Taylor was the only one that didnt hate someone else. She shook her head with a smile. "Yeah Im definatly glad I wasnt messed up in that." She said with a roll of her eyes, but a grin all the same. "Things happen way too fast." She said with a thoughtful tone. "So much can just slip right past you." She was thinking about the last semester. Only one semester and already Sam had been with Toni and then with Jenna, Knight had liked Toni and then Toni was with Beau, now Knight was with Luna. It made Taylor's head spin. She was rather relieved she had stayed out of dramas.

Scorpius nodded his head solemnly as Taylor admitted she was glad she hadn't been involved. He sat in silence for a bit as he remembered everything that had happened since the day he first met Toni at the train station, then later Sam on the train. He chuckled a little at how different they all seemed to be. In fact, before Luna he had been rather wild and even mean. The thoughts of all the love triangles or squares, whatever they were, between Sam, Toni, Jenna, and Beau were all confusing but Prince hadn't been the only one to stir up his own bit of drama.

Scorpius was reminded of the time when he and Luna had first began dating, and how he had kept it a secret from Jenna, Hoshi, and, he glanced sideways nervously at Taylor as he remembered he had led her on too. Thankfully she had been the only calm and rational one to accept the news that he had a girlfriend; he had suspected Taylor probably never even liked him as more than a friend in the first place. "Hey, do you remember when I first told you I was with Luna?" he asked her with a smile on his face, indicating that he wasn't just asking for the sake of conversation, but it was actually leading to something.

Taylor's head swam with the thoughts of everything that had happened and before she knew it she had begun staring into space. Something she did alot more often than she should. She was distracted from her staring and ripped from her thoughts by Knight who asked her a question. Looking up at him, she furrowed her eyebrows a little. "Yeah, of course I do, up in the North Tower, why?" She asked with a little bit of a smirk. The question seemed to be leading up to a confession or something of that nature. She wouldnt forget that meeting. She had been shocked to hear that Hoshi and Jenna hadnt acted rationally about it. Taylor wasnt over all happy with it herself, but she had been happy for Knight, so she pushed everything aside, she wondered why he was bringing it up now.

Scorpius' smile almost turned into a smirk when he noticed Taylor seemed to recall the memory a little too quickly but quickly waved it off. "Well I can't remember if I told you this or not, but Hoshi actually broke my hand when she found out," he said through his laughter. As he was recalling the memory, he brought his hand up and stretched out his fingers as if to make sure he was fine again. He remembeed the bludger hitting him on the back of the head but he hadn't lost too much blood. It was comical how different Taylor's reaction had been to Jenna's and definitely Hoshi's.

Taylor listened intently as to what he was about to say. He then confessed that Hoshi broke his hand and her expression turned to shocked horror. She broke his hand?! And he was laughing about that?! "She broke your hand?!" She said expressing her thoughts. "Why would she do that? I mean, I personally wasnt happy about it-" She stopped realising she had let something very very wrong slip. "I mean I just didnt think you would get a girlfriend." She tried to make it better, but she felt the blush rising on her cheeks. Then quickly noticing she had just said something offensive, she shook her head. "No what I meant was-!" Her mouth remained open as she tried to find something to cover what she had just said, but for once, her ability to use words was overtaken by her embarassment. She let her shoulders slump and heaved a sigh. "Oh geez." She muttered, avoiding Scorpius's eyes.

Taylor's reaction to his little story surprised him at first but then it only made him laugh more. Yes at the time he had been really mad that Hoshi had over reacted like that, but now it was just funny. "It was an accident...sort of," he said trying to rationalize with Taylor. Before he could begin to explain the story, he heard what Taylor had to say about how she hadn't been happy about him being with Luna. He raised his eyebrows in surprise as a small smile crept on his face before he realized he shouldn't be happy about that. He was happy with Luna, despite all the fighting.

Her next statement made him chuckle in amusement as he said, "Oh really? And just what does that mean?" As she tried and failed to explain, Scorpius couldn't help but just stare back at her in amusement. The longer he stared at her the more he noticed the pink blush on her cheeks and a full grin appeared on his face. He quickly ruffled his hair out of habit and was glad Taylor chose that moment to look away from him so she wouldn't see the grin he had on his face. It was wrong anyway. He replaced the grin with a smirk and said, "It's okay, I know what you mean. I think?" he chuckled as he added the last bit. He was dying to ask her why she hadn't been happy that he was with Luna but he didn't dare ask.

She had vaguely heard Knight try to explain that it was an accident. It still didnt give his best friend the right to break his hand. Taylor just couldnt and wouldnt understand why Scorpius was okay with that.

Taylor sat there, completely embarassed, how could she have been that stupid as to say something like that? Usually she was so good at keeping things to herself and she almost always could counter an argument or cover up her mistakes, but this time she couldnt. Annoyed at herself she stared at the same spot she had been looking at before when she had been thinking. She didnt know when it would be safe to look at Knight again. He said she knew what she meant and Taylor just didnt think he could. She tried an uneasy laugh, but it didnt sound at all convincing.

They sat in silence for a few strange moments, before she turned a bit, to look in the direction Scorpius was sitting. She let her eyes flick once to his face, but she didnt think she could keep her eyes there. She then stated to get rid of the awkward silence. "Well thats awkward." She said with another uneasy laugh.

Scorpius sat there beside Taylor, suddenly very self-conscious about the silence that bothered him for the first time since they had met up. Usually even if there was silence between the two, it wasn't awkward. As he thought that, Taylor spoke up and said exactly what he had been thinking. Well, truthfully he wanted to know why it had been awkward for her. Had he just heard her confess that she was a little upset that he had a girlfriend? He quickly waved off that thought, he didn't think Taylor ever liked him like that and besides what did it matter? He was still with Luna and he wasn't going to try to flirt with Taylor again just to end up having his other hand broken by her if things ended badly. He chuckled a little and ruffled her blonde hair playfully just to ligthen up the mood again.

Taylor was once again distracted by her thoughts with a hand to her hair. "Hey hey!" She said playfully, glad he had chose to let it slide without asking about it. She lightly flicked his hands away and stuck her tongue out at him. She ran a hand through her hair. "No one messes with 'the do'" She said with a laugh. Her Dad used to do it to her all the time because he knew it got annoyed. He always said there was nothing cuter than her throwing a tantrum at him. She finally felt it safe to look back up at Scorpius and she gave him an amused smile. She was relieved her little outburst had changed nothing, for all she knew he didnt even put the peices together after all, but his silence on the issue basically confirmed her worries. It didnt matter though, she would never ever try anything to break up Scorpius and Luna and it was only a little crush. It was nothing serious, she was happy for him either way.

Scorpius laughed when Taylor flicked his hands away from her hair and told him no one messed with 'the do.' "What? Messy's good sometimes!" he said in jest as he ruffled his own hair. "See?" he gestured towards his own hair before laughing a bit. Scorpius always ruffled his hair whenever he was feeling nervous, so doing that a few seconds ago worked for two reasons, first to show Taylor that messy hair looked good, and secondly to try and hide the bashfulness he was suddenly feeling. He subtly shook his head as if trying to get rid of any new thoughts about Taylor that entered his mind. He was with Luna. And he hated tha he had to remind himself of that.

Taylor shook her head in mock sadness. "On guys maybe." She said referring the the 'messy' look he was talking about. She looked at Knight as he pointed out his hair ruffling. As if he needed to point it out. It had been one of the first things she had ever noticed about Scorpius, she didnt think she needed reminding. She looked away with a shake of her head and a smile. "Boys are hopeless." She said fondly. All the talk on hair had her running her fingers through her own. She loved her hair, after many years of wanting it to grow, it would never reach the length she liked it, until finally it grew to the long length it was now.

"What? Why are boys hopeless?" he asked her with an arched eyebrow and an amused smile. "And personally, I think you'd be able to pull off the messy look," he commented in jest. He resisted the urge to reach over and ruffle her hair again, especially since she was running her own fingers through it already.

"They dont understand girls at all." She grinned answering his question. She let out a laugh at the comment about her being able to pull off the messy look. "Say it again once you have seen me when I wake up in the morning." She said matter-of-factly. Her hair was a mess in the morning, it was quite comical. It usually took quite a bit of effort to tame it. She glanced back at Scorpius, dreading what she would feel and sure enough it had only increased. She thought maybe it was best to call it a day and retreat where she didnt have to see his smiling face.

Standing up she grinned down at him, "Well, I think maybe its time we go our seperate ways, as fantastic as it is spending time with you." She said once again referring to their inside joke, but this time she didnt add emphasis onto it, she really did think time with Scorp was fantastic. "Thankyou so much for the gift." She said, picking up the necklace in an inclosed palm. "I hope you liked yours." She said as an afterthought, not releasing the necklace.

Scorpius chuckled when Taylor said boys didn't understand girls at all, and didn't say anything because he couldn't argue with her, she was right. Scorpius smiled and said, "I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. Too bad I can't get into the Gryffindor common room, I'd love to see that," he added with a cheeky grin, before realizing he actually meant what he said. Too bad he couldn't get into the Gryffindor common room, because he really wanted to see Taylor. A flutter in his stomach made him look away from her and ruffle his hair. Luna, luna luna! he reminded himself of his girlfriend.

In perfect timing, Taylor got up and said it was time for them to go their seperate ways. He nodded his head slowly, still afraid to speak just in case he said something wrong and chuckled at her use of the word fantastic, which brought him back to his normal self. "Yes it definitely is fantastic spending time with me isn't it?" he said jokingly before laughing and saying, "Just kidding, it was fun spending time with you." He got up and held his photo album in his hands, his camera pocketed safely in his jeans and shrugged his shoulders when she thanked him for the gift. He chuckled a little when she said she hoped he liked his own gift. "Are you kidding? Did the pictures we took mean nothing?" he said exaggeratingly before he stuck his tongue out at her.

Taylor laughed, "Trust me, no you wouldnt." She tried a serious tone, but all that came out was amusement. She saw him ruffle his hair for the millionth time that day and couldnt help but laugh a bit, the boy really did it too much, but Taylor wasnt really complaining.

She laughed as Scorpius said it was fantastic spending time with him and after a while she sobered and said quite seriously. "Yeah it is." She grinned when he asked if the pictures they took meant nothing. Of course they didnt meant nothing, they meant alot, probably alot more than Knight would know. "You will have to show me to second you get them developed." She said eagerly wanting to see how they turned out.

She stood awkwardly for a little while, not really wanting to leave, but wanting to get out to escape the feelings that were rushing to her. As a compromise she reached up and gave Scorpius a hug goodbye. "Well, I'll see you around I guess." She said a bit strained, how had one meeting turned everything upside down. Taylor then realised she didnt want to meet this Luna person as much as she did when Knight had told Taylor about her. Her jealousy would most likely get the better of her.

Reluctantly pulling away, after what seemed to be a bit too long for a friendly goodbye hug. Taylor blushed a little and then gave Knight a wave. "Cya!" She said with a huge grin, before turning and heading up the Dungeon stairs quickly. Her grin gone, she didnt know why she was doing this to herself, it was all so stupid, he had Luna and was happy, Taylor never wanted to interfer with that, but then again falling for Scorpius hadnt been her intention either.

Scorpius nodded his head affirmatively when she said he'd have to show them to her the second he developed the film. "Definitely," he said aloud. He had been thinking of doing that anyway, and perhaps inviting her to help him develop the film, since he would have no clue how to anyway. He would have to make sure he went to the library to see if there was a book on how to do it.

Taylor reached over and hugged him and Scorpius easily wrapped his arms around her. He smiled to himself happily but quickly snapped out of it as he felt her begin to pull away. He regained his sensibility and shoved his hands in his pockets, "Uh yeah, I'll see you around, bye!" he repeated her words as he watched her go away up the dungeon steps. Technically the two would be going the same way all the way up the castle until she left at the seventh floor and he kept going up to the tower, but something told him that he had to stay away so he let her go first. After a few minutes of standing there in the dungeons in silence, he shook his head vigorously once more to rid his thoughts of anything bad, and made his way up the dungeon steps to the Ravenclaw tower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back