Noel was in the midst of going over homework assignments when the first second-years walked into the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom. He looked over to them and gave them an friendly smile to welcome them. It would be the last lesson of the year with this batch of second-years so he wanted to give them the same opportunity he had given the first-year class. They could either stay and practice their wandwork or leave to study for the end-of-semester exam. It was up to them, he was perfectly fine with helping them out with their wandwork. '' Hello everyone. Last lesson already again.'' He than told them, the time did fly. '' I'm going to give you two options for today.'' Noel than stood up and walked to the front of his desk, facing the students. ''You may either choose to stay here and practice your wandwork or leave to study for the exam in the library or somewhere else where it's quiet. Remember that the exam will consist of a practical and a written portion, meaning you must study both. You'll have to partner up with another student for the exam portion involving spell-casting.'' Professor Waldgrave told them. He wanted them to be well aware about how the exam would look like.

He then tapped his wand on the blackboard next to him and made some writing appear on it. ''This is everything I want you to know for the end-of-semester exam. Study it well. Please don't hesitate to see me if you have any questions about the exam. The door to my office is always open for questions.'' Noel said to them with an friendly smile. He hoped they would make use of it if neccesary. Noel dismissed the class to do as they pleased. Once those that wanted to study somewhere else had left, the professor waved his wand and magically pushed the chairs and desks to both sides of the classroom so that those who remained could safely practice their wandwork. As always, he was available for questions and walked around to help out.

End-of-semester exam review
  • Definition of a jinx, hex, and curse and the differences between each.
  • Explain why we learn about prank-like jinxes.
  • Study the effects of the following jinxes practised in class
    • Jelly Legs Jinx
    • Trip Jinx
    • Knee-Reversing Hex (you are not required to master this for the practical exam)
  • Applicable spells for self-defence (such as the counter-charm (Finite) or the Shield Charm (Protego)
  • Study the effects of the following jinxes
    • Stinging Jinx
    • Ear Leeks Jinx
    • Antler Jinx
    • Bat-Bogey Hex

Just roleplay the lesson. Tag @Professor Noel Waldgrave if you want me to interact with your character! I try my best to respond.

Camille had tried her very best this semester. But she was an bit overwhelmed by all the work for classes. In a way she wanted to do well. But deep down she knew it was hard to do it all, she felt tired from all the stuff around her. It was exhausting for her, all the people, the classes and expectations she felt. Perhaps even still, it was what she was used to from her biological father. And although he never really had his eye on her, she felt even while he was in Azkaban his mark on her behavior. Landon had been kind to her and was so different, and she tried to focus on that. And she was looking forward to Herbology in the second semester. Something she really felt was nice and didn't cost a lot of energy but gave her.

The blonde made her way to the classroom and found her spot in the middle of the room. Which was good, not too close and not too far away. She gave Noel an quick smile and listened as he spoke. Camille sometimes had trouble with making choices. Because if you chose something it ment the other thing wasn't possible. And how did you know you made the right choice? She doubted what to do, but tried to gather all her courage to practice some wandwork. She had some time still to study for herself and made sure she got all her notes complete. And she could use the practice for wandwork, and with Noel it wasn't so bad perhaps. Camille looked over to what Noel told them they needed to know. And she felt her heart racing. It looked a lot, but she actually knew that stuff. Now she just had to believe she had it. Camille took her wand and tried a few spells and tried no too pay too much attention to the people around her. When the lesson was over she left the room.

Tanith was not having a good time. She was getting anxious at the thought of returning home. Maybe she shouldn't? She should talk to someone. Should she? She didn't know who to talk to. Chewing on her lip, she fluttered about her dorm nervously until there was class to distract her. She took her place in class, only half listening. Given the option, she gathered her things and left, going to the library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back