Curved 13 Inch Rigid Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Basics

Scott Baker
May 3, 2038 (Age 11)
Muggle-Born Wizard
Born in Porirua, New Zealand
Currently Resides in Lower Hutt, New Zealand

Appearance

Scott is 4 feet 7 inches tall and slightly heavier for his age at 80 pounds. He has a brown messy mop of hair on top of his hair and deep brown eyes. His face has very owl-like features, despite being afraid of them.

Personality

Full of kindness and humility, Scott is the first to offer help to someone in need. He never expects anything in return for his good deeds. His timid demeanor often makes him a target for bullies, where the belittlement and teasing tend to go over his head. Scott often scratches the side of his face when he is nervous out of habit.

Family Life

Scott Baker was born on the third of May, in the year 2038. His father hasn't been in the picture consistently since the beginning of his mom's pregnancy. His mother was only 19 when she had Scott. The last time he saw his father, Ty, he was 3 years old.

Joel Krista Baker
Mother
Opal Christie Baker
Grandmother (Maternal)
Ty Fox
Father

Friendships
Coming Soon

Heritage

Scott Baker was born on May 3, 2038, to Joel Krista Baker. Joel was a biology student at university at 19-year-olds when she gave birth to Scott. She was able to continue university by moving from the dorms to living with her mother, Opal Christie Baker.

Being raised by a single mother humbled Scott in many ways, but he was a very average boy growing up. He entered primary school at the age of four. Scott's timid personality has been present since he was a small child. He avoided confrontation whenever possible and was given the 'Sharing & Caring' award in his kindergarten class.

Mrs. Field was Scott's teacher for a couple of years in his early childhood and is primarily responsible for inspiring his love for stars. Scott had some trouble in school at the age of seven with a teacher who had differences with him. Mrs. Briony was strongly disliked by many students, but particularly by Scott. He was one to be kind and love everyone, but Mrs. Briony seemed to pick on Scott for being shy. He doesn't feel like he gained anything from having her as a teacher.

The year 2049, Scott Baker found out about his magical heritage and that he will be entering Hogwarts New Zealand as a first year. He hopes to fit in and navigate his way through the confusing pre-teen years and finding out about his magical powers.

Hobbies & Skills

Astronomy
Herbology
Gardening

Strengths & Weaknesses

Friendly
Honest
Un-Assertive
Unassuming Ego
Peacemaker
Chivalrous
Diligent
Non-rebellious
Warm emotional capacity
Reflective
Positive
Laid-back

Hogwarts

Hogwarts House:
Hufflepuff
Favorite Subjects: Astronomy, History of Magic, Herbology
Worst Subjects: Flying, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts
Extra Curriculars: Music club in primary school prior to Hogwarts.
Future Plans: Scott has always been interested in space and after learning about his magical abilities, his interest grew in the stars. He is hoping to do something with Astrology in the wizarding world in the future, if that doesn't work out he would like to work in a muggle space station.

Magic

Wand:
Curved 13 Inch Rigid Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Patronus: Coming Soon
Patronus Memory: Coming Soon
Boggart: A large hippogriff
Mirror of Erised: Scott sees himself standing with his mom and grandma at his own planetarium.

Fun Facts
Favorites
Pot Roast
Powdered Donuts
Green Apple Candy

Italian sausage, jalapeno pizza

Diary
Today I found out that I am a wizard. I still want to laugh when I say it out loud. It doesn't feel real and it sure doesn't seem possible. My mother and grandma haven't said much to me about it other than the boarding school seemed like a good opportunity. I can't tell if they are on board or if they are just in shock. In the past they have always supported me in what I wanted to do, I don't know how this would be any different. The best part of all of this though? There is an astronomy class at Hogwarts, so I can still learn a bunch about the universe, planets, moon, sun, and stars.

Last edited:
Hogwarts Class History
Flying
Scott struggled with Flying class every lesson, eventually showing a little improvement. Professor Grace Holland was his instructor for the year 2049. His first class, he approached the professor to ask what he should do about his fear of heights and flying. She offered him extra assistance if he ever needed it and told him he could fly lower. Scott felt reassured by her words and went on to have a successful lesson, by getting his broom to respond to the 'up' command. It took him some time, but the broom responded to his command about half of the time. The second class presented greater challenges for Scott, whose fear of heights prevented him from wanting to hover. After practicing a calming exercise his grandmother taught him, he successfully lifted into the air. Making the mistake to look down, his fright took over his emotions and he crash-landed his broom. Professor Holland noticed his struggle and spoke with him after class, he burst into tears, fearing he would be kicked out of Hogwarts for not being good on the broom. She reassured him that he was trying his best and thats all that mattered and that he can take it lower and slower the next time. Feeling comforted by her words, he was more relaxed going into the third lesson. Scott managed to start off flying within standing distance from the ground at a steady pace. When he became worried what the other students may think, his broom began to jerk him around. He jerked and jutted his way to finishing his first lap, but accidentally raced his way through the second. Scott had to take a break before making the third lap because of how dizzy he was. He took the third lap faster than the first, but accidentally ended up way higher than he meant to. After talking himself down, he was able to lower his broom a foot at a time and finish the final lap. Scott felt more confident knowing he didn't cry that day and didn't fall off his broom while flying it. Going into lesson four, Scott was able to complete three different speeds of laps around the pitch, all at a lower height for his comfort. This boosted his confidence in his flying abilities and magical ones altogether.

History of Magic
First Year
Coming from a muggle family, Scott didn't know anything about magic or its history. History of Magic was one class he enjoyed, even if it wasn't as exciting as the other classes.

Charms
Transfiguration

Herbology

Users who are viewing this thread

Back