School girl crush

Keera Harlight

Keera hadn't been to Obsidian Harbour before, it was a very boring place, she thought. She didn't have anything to do, anyone to meet up with, and she had left her sketch book behind when she left. She was bored out of her mind, and wanted someone to talk to. Even someone to annoy, she didn't mind. It was a chilly day, so she was glad she had chosen to dress the way she had. Her hat kept her ears warm from the soft but chilly breeze that was blowing accross the harour.

She finally decided to stop walking, and sit down for a rest. She came to a bench and she sat down, thinking to herself, how nice would it be if there was someone who actually wanted to spend time with me. She had the time for friends, people just didn't seem to have the time for her. She frowned, feeling very sorry for herself.

Gabriel had the day off, and he was desperate to go somewhere else and just breathe. Obsidian was only a short walk away, but he chose to apparate, saving himself the trouble. Truth be told, his new bellybutton piercing still hurt too much to do a whole lot of walking, but Gabriel was desperate to just get somewhere else; escape. He was dressed warmly to fight the cold, and figured maybe finding somewhere to get a hot chocolate, or possibly even get a butterbeer at some pub, if any were open. As he was looking around, perusing what the harbour had to offer, he noticed a small girl. She was sitting on a bench, by herself, and Gabriel thought she looked rather lost.

"Are you okay?" He asked, approaching her carefully. He didn't want to scare her off; if she was lost, she probably needed help finding her family. "Are you looking for your parents?"

Keera had almost managed to drift off into a daydream, when she heard a voice speak to her, asking if she was looking for her parents. She turned her head, and saw that a man had been speaking to her. She raised both of her eyebrows, and clenched her fists. This guy was so cute! He even had snakebites, Keera noticed. That is way too cool, she thought. She couldn't quite put her finger on how old he was. He must have been at least twenty.. Darn it, she thought. Much too old for me. But a girl can dream, right? Oh gosh, this guy is way too cute.

Suddenly, Keera realised she had been staring at him for quite some time with a very daft look on her face, and didn't want to scare the guy off. She turned her head downwards and looked at her feet. What had he asked her? She hda forgotten already, she was so taken by him. Oh that's right, he thinks I've lost my parents. Better make myself seem a little older and cooler than he thinks.

"Um, no, I'm just waiting for my friend. We, um.." she struggled to put together the rest of the sentance, not knowing what she was trying to say. "She's coming to... oh man. Sorry, it doesn't matter. I'm Keera, I like your snakebites."

She muttered the part about his snakebites, she didn't want him to figure out that she liked him. That would be embarassing. After all, he was much too old. She swung her feet back and forth under the bench she was sitting on. You fool, Keera. What an idiot! You should have shut up. Now he's gonna think you're a loser.

Gabriel waited patiently for the girl to speak, figuring she was simply confused and taking some time to gather her thoughts. She looked quite young, possibly even a first year, and could just be adjusting to this whole magical village thing. Gabriel tended to forget that he looked quite intimidating; tattoos reaching up to his neck, and down to his fingertips. When she spoke she didn't seem frightened though, just flustered, and he replied kindly, sitting next to her.

"Fair enough. Would you like me to wait with you, so you don't have to be alone?" He asked, stretching his legs out, trying not to move his stomach. "I'm Gabriel. And thanks - I did one of them myself. Stupid idea. Don't ever, ever try it, even if you know what you're doing. Hurts twice as much as normal."

Oops, Keera thought. If he sat and waited with her, he would find out that she wasn't actually meeting anybody! But on the other hand, it would be nice to sit here and chat with him. He was after all, absolutely stunning.. It was only now that Keera noticed that he was covered in tattoos. HOT! She thought. No fair, why do I have to be so young?

"Oh yeah, that would be cool." Keera replied, trying not to look at him too intently. She didn't want him to realise she was attracted to him. He would think she was a creep. But she wanted to check out all of his tattoos. Maybe she could get him to show her..

"I would never pierce myself" Keera laughed, "Needles? Not my thing. I like tattoos though, I just wouldn't get one myself. I like yours. I'm an artist.. well I like to think I am. I draw on practically everything. Did you design these yourself?"

Gabriel smiled. Keera seemed a little weird, but she was basically a sweet kid, and sort of reminded him of himself when he was that age - Gabriel hadn't talked much, he had kind of been a shy kid. Keera seemed reasonably chatty though, and he replied to her in an amiable tone. "Fair enough. Most people don't like needles - they hurt a lot. It's not so bad when you're used to them." He smiled, gesturing to one hand with the other. "Drawing on everything? Sounds a lot like me, when I was your age. And now I get to draw on people for a living." He laughed. "Yeah, I designed these all myself. I even did a couple of them myself, though don't try that either. It's really stupid." He said jokingly, and pulled his left sleeve up slightly to reveal a wonky, faded star. "I did that when I was nineteen. It did help me a lot though - I'm a tattoo artist now." He smiled.

Keera was impressed. Gabriel was not only cute, but he was into art, just like her. Not only that but he was a tattoo artist. Keera thought this made him even more exciting. She was becoming more and more disappointed that he was so much older than she was. But there was no harm in trying to get to know him a little more. He would definately go down in her visual diary later that evening. The lopsided star tattoo that Gabriel gave himself was very cute, Keera thought. And impressive.

"Nice work!" Keera smiled. "Who cares if it's wonky. Not a lot of people can say they've tattooed themselves. I'd love to be paid for my art, I don't mean to bost but I'm pretty good - well, it's hardly boasting. It's about the only thing I'm good at."

Keera was impressed. Gabriel was not only cute, but he was into art, just like her. Not only that but he was a tattoo artist. Keera thought this made him even more exciting. She was becoming more and more disappointed that he was so much older than she was. But there was no harm in trying to get to know him a little more. He would definately go down in her visual diary later that evening. The lopsided star tattoo that Gabriel gave himself was very cute, Keera thought. And impressive.

"Nice work!" Keera smiled. "Who cares if it's wonky. Not a lot of people can say they've tattooed themselves. I'd love to be paid for my art, I don't mean to boast but I'm pretty good - well, it's hardly boasting. It's about the only thing I'm good at."

((Hehe. Fail :p ))

Gabriel smiled. "That's true. It is a pretty impressive thing to say. Don't ever, ever do it though. Ever. Asides from being stupid, it hurts like hell." He laughed. "That's why mine is so wonky." He smiled when Keera said she liked to draw. Gabriel always had a soft spot for artistic kids; they reminded him so much of himself. He had gotten in so much trouble at Hogwarts for submitting illustrated essays, though he never stopped doing it. "That's brilliant. Keep drawing, it'll bring wonderful things into your life." He chuckled. "Trust me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back