Sad talks

Andrew Bruke

Andrew walked on the edge of the lake as he wet his legs in the lake water. He hoped Alga, the mermaid would come out to talk with him like she had come last time when he was lonely and bored. After a few minutes he decided he would write to Pez asking her what was happening wit her aunt.

He went to the tree where he had put his bag and took out his writing materials and wrote in blue ink.

Dear Pez,

How are you? Where are you? How are things with your aunt working out. Did she allow you to come back? Are you okay? I am so worried and I miss you so much.Do you think I should tell the headmaster maybe they can help.

I am very lonely, although I have Jake and Caina but I don't have you and..
I broke up with Zuka. I don't know why and the worst part is she is dating Brian.

He didnt yet complete his letter as he thought what to write to her that wasn't something sad. He had bad grades, he broke up, he was feeling lonely. Everything was so sad and unhappy around here.

Andromeda was out early taking some fresh air before the first of the classes started. As she headed to the lakefront she saw Andrew there, she hadn't seen him in ages and certainly hadn't talked with him since Zuka and Brian had begun dating. She didn't think it was fair to cut him completely though so walked over to where he was.

"Hi there, mind if I join you?" she wasn't going to go paddling or anything but stood with her arms crossed infront of her instead.

"Hey Andy" Andrew said as his face lit up with a smile on sight of a familiar face."Yeah, sure do. Boredom's killing me. Thanks great saviour" he said with a grin. "So, how were your holidays? Had fun or were they like mine?"he asked her as he put the letter in his bag.

Andromeda smiled, he looked sad and very dispondent and by his comment she could gather his holidays had been no picnic. All her previous ones had been like that but there wasn't one complaint about the one she had just had.
"Had a great summer. Went home to Ireland with a few friends, then went to France and then on to Canada. Uber buzy for a change. Of course I also had to work at Honeydukes in between Professor Fletcher was very understanding about the time I requested off", she had explained to him about her travel document which he was already aware of and had understood the need to go home and actually have a proper vacation for the first time in three years.

"So what did you get up to?"

"Thats very nice. Travelling always refreshes one"he said with a smile. "I just went back to Mallory. Caina came to stay and thats that. I had to work of course and a few trips to Obsidian Harbour and icecream eating"he said with a smile at the mantion of ice cream.

"So, how is your health. You know I mean..Zuka mentioned something about researching for you but I havent kept up with it after the break up"he asked not thinking about the break up but about Andy. She was a friend too and after Zazuka had told her about the werewolf and Dumstrang thing he had really started caring for her although he hadnt done anything for her but if Zuka and Andy were up to any reasearch that might help Andy, Andrew was sure to join in.

Andy decided to sit down which was just as well, for after Andrew talked about his holiday, he mentioned Zuka having discussed research for her and inquired about her health? Where was he going with all of this? Andy looked at him perplexed, did he know? Lately it would seem every second bloody person knew. Andy had noticed some strange looks from some of the students, especially the Durmstrag transfers and wondered if any of them knew were they blabbing to all and sundry. It was one thing for Andy to tell people she considered her close and best friends but quite another for any of those to recount her situation to anyone else. Had Zuka told Andrew?

"My health is just fine Andrew. What exactly did Zuka say to you?" she asked putting a hand up to block the sun from her eyes as she looked up at him.

Andrew thought for a moment before he started explaing Andy. He thought Andy knew that he was part of the secret, did Zazuka betray her best friend? "Well, she told me that you are..a werewolf. Then things that happened at Dumstrang, they kept you in a dark cell and it was very bad. Brian and Zazuka had planned to rescue you when you came back with the help of a Dumstrang guy" he explained.

"She said that she was thinking of asking Nick for a seprate lab where she wanted to research something concerning your medicine. I thought You, Brian and her were researching together"he added with a weak smile. "But its nice to know that you are in good health.

Andromeda turned to look at him immediately, so Zuka had told him. Well at the time no doubt she thought she could trust him explicitedly, of course things were different now between them. Was he still trust worthy with this information? Andy didn't think it really mattered anymore, the transfers were spreading word of a red haired werewolf about with rapid speed, it was only a matter of time before people began to remember she had been to Durmstrang. She sighed, it didn't bother her really that Zuka had told Andrew. Zuka was usually a good judge of character, even if her boyfriends were not the best choices in the world. Andrew she thought would have been better off remaining as Zuka's friend - they had been happy together for a short time sure, Andy liked Andrew. She simply hadn't thought that he and Zuka had been a great match.

"I'm doing my own research, Zuka is doing a seperate one and Brian wouldn't lift a finger to save his own life. We're not friends anymore. Sometimes I don't think we ever really were".

"Don't worry, although we have broke up but I keep secrets" he said with a smile. "Oh! What happened? I thought you guys were best friends?"he asked Andy as curiousity filled him. Was something wrong between Andy and Brian? If so, what was it? he thought. "You can tell me, I promise not to breathe a word, not even to Zazuka if required" he said seriously. Andrew knew that if there was any pain in this no-friends business, if Andy would tell Andrew, surely she would feel light hearted.

Andy smiled at Andrew but shook her head.
"It's ok, I think if I were to talk about him I'd end up jinxing and hexing everyone and everything about me. I'd prefer to not mention him ever again" she sighed, Andy had resolved this course of action over the summer though part of her had begun to miss him. She had even been tempted on her return to school to see if he was still angry with her. Andy had once asked Zuka about him but had been glad that her friend hadn't elaborated on him much at all.

She wanted now to simply change the subject.
"So you and Caina, are you an item now?"

"Hell, No!"he said as he laughed at the idea of him and Caina being together. "Even if Merlin asked me to hook up with her, I wouldn't and I am sure Caina herself thinks this way" he said still laughing as he explained to Andy.

"We are best friends, buddies you know"he finally controlled his laughter and made a straight face."So, tell me something about you that I don't know yet?"he asked her wanting to talk more with Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back