Running out of ideas

Abigail Lurken-Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Spanish Cedar 14" Core of Werewolf fur and Phoenix feather.
Abbey was in an awful mood, she had embarassed herself beyond belief in front of Theodore, who was the only person she actually cared what their thoughts of her were. She had also found out that he only wanted her around so he wasn't bored, not because he felt the same way she did, or that's what she had taken from his words. Maybe, just maybe, Gossip Girl was right about Theodore and the goths. Maybe he fancied one of the other girls that she disliked so very much. What would happen if he and one of them started dating?

All of this was in her mind as she jogged on the Lake Side as she often did when she had to work things out in her mind. Tears formed in her violet eyes, but she insisted that it was only because of her speed and the wind, as it was quite windy today. She didn't want to be pushed to the side by Theodore, but it seemed that there was only so much affection she could show to him without getting it returned. It hit her heartstrings and made her sick when it wasn't reciprocated. It wasn't the first time, and even though she didn't think it would be the last it hurt. The last person she had truly cared for and loved was her sister and Mrs. Cajou, they both left her. Mrs. Cajou through death, and Asher she just left her out to die, and she had told Theodore absolutely everything. Maybe I should just be cold and distant, that would work, I could do that, she mused, really not wanting to be hurt again, not wanting to be abandoned after she showed even the first signs of love for another. It seemed like the only way, perhaps it was the only way.

[Yeah sure, but not Theodore k?]

//Kay.//

Alyssa walked out onto the lakefront wearing a casual Outfit and her straightened blonde hair covered by a small beret cap. She had just gotten back showing her dress deisgns off to Isabella for the next fashion club meeting. She had been hoping to auction many of her designs off to help raise money. This has made her quite busy, and with Halloween coming up it also meant that Alyssa had to come up with a good costume to make up for her awful idea of one last year.

As Alyssa walked onto the seemingly quiet lakefront she noticed someone jogging. At first Alyssa was just going to ignore whoever it was. But once they got closer it appeared to be a fellow Glam Squad memeber and one of Alyssa's best friends. It was Abbey, who seemed to be jogging a fast pace. She looked slightly upset, but Alyssa wasn't sure.

"HEY ABBEY!" Alyssa shouted loudly as her lungs could manage. She hoped the Violet eyed girl would hear her so she wouldn't have to chase after her in jeans and her moxy flats. Alyssa had longs legs and could most likely keep up with the girl if she had to, but the jeans and shoes would most likely prevent her from doing so.

"HEY ABBEY!"

Abbey, with a start, jumped in fright. She hadn't been expecting her name to be called while running, in fact she was sort of hoping she would see no one that she knew, or anyone for that matter. She came to a slow stop then turned towards the person that had called her name. Her face contourted as she saw white, blond hair, thinking it was Theodore for a split second she scowled at herself, but as she saw that it was Alyssa, she lightened up. Not by much, but she still did, after all Alyssa was Theodore's sister, and they were extremely close.

The Slytherin gave her friend a light wave, but was unable to call back to her because she was panting for breath. As Abbey's arm lowered she adjusted her grey tank top then her shorts. She sighed before walking towards Alyssa, she couldn't just turn around and continue running now could she? "Hey Alyssa," she said, her voice and face was void of any emotion and expression as she spoke that greeting. She pressed her lips together, and tightened her messy bun as she waited for a response from one of her best friend's.

Alyssa took an immediate notice to Abbey's behavior. Abbey had greeted with a tone that Alyssa was unused to. Abbey was usually happy and sweet, not cold and seemingly annoyed just by someone's prescence. It somewhat took Alyssa by surprise, but she did her best not to let Abbey see it. Maybe she was just having a bad day and didn't want anyone to bug her about it. Alyssa brought her hands up to let them rest on her waist before she gave a small smile to Abbey, who looked like she had been running for a bit before Alyssa had found her.

"I've been looking for your all morning. Are you okay?" Alyssa used a light tone that told Abbey she was worried about her. Abbey was very secrative when came to her personal life, and Alyssa often worried that it would feel like she was intruding in her life. But they were friends, and friends had to help one another.

"I've been looking for your all morning. Are you okay?"

Abigail sighed and shook her head, she wanted so badly just to be a normal thirteen year old, it wasn't fair that she couldn't be. "I'm way in over my head with everything," she said honestly. Even though living on the street was no longer a problem, she was being black mailed by Adira and Hoshi, and she had the memory of it. She couldn't make herself go back to how she was before the summer between first and second year. Her memories of the man at the orphanage were no longer vague and dusty, they were very real, more like flashbacks then anything. When she stayed awake at night, she really was staying awake at the orphanage, trying to protect herself in any way possible.

For a split second the Slytherin was tempted to tell Alyssa everything, every speck of her life that made her feel like she wasn't good enough for anything, but she didn't, she just weakly gripped the two pendants that were resting on her chest. One from Theodore, and one from Noelle, that previously belonged to her mother, and before then, her mother, and so on and so forth. Tears formed in her eyes again, and she blinked them away as best she could. She was sick and tired of being like this. With a heavy sigh, she looked away from Aly, she didn't wish to have her life being pry'd into, but there was only so much she could take of not getting it off her chest. The lies, the flashbacks, the pain was consuming her to the point where she wasn't sure if she wanted to deal with anything any longer.

Alyssa's eyebrows furrowed as she looked down at her friend with a look of sadness. Alyssa wished she could say she understood her pain, but she knew she would be lying if she said so. Alyssa didn't understand pain, or suffering, or lonliness like many others her age had. She grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth, and a future promising of gold and greatness. It was weird that while she was happy to alive and praised for just being herself, others were suffering and being told they arn't worth living because they were being who they were.

With a small sigh Alyssa removed her hands from her waist and took a step foward, Alyssa felt like she should comfor Abbey more. But there was a small fear that she would pry further then needed to if she did. Alyssa felt that sometimes it was better not to know eveything, even if Gossip was one of her strong points. Placing a light hand on Abbey's shoulder she said in a light voice;

"Well....is there anything you do want to talk about? If you do I will listen." Alyssa asked, hoping that it didn't seem that she was trying to pry.

"Well....is there anything you do want to talk about? If you do I will listen." Abbey forced a weak grin onto her lips, until they fell once more. She exhaled deeply and courage, or maybe weakness, allowed her to tell Alyssa everything about her life. "I grew up in an orphanage, in my first year the lady that ran it died, she was replaced by someone. He was really abusive, so I left, ran away, I found a wizard to apparate me to the last place my sister was seen. New Zealand. For the rest of that summer I lived on the streets, working several jobs, and then in October I came here. I was adopted over the summer when my Aunt found me in Bleak Street, asking for work at the.. at the Poison Ater," she said in almost one big breath. She looked down at her feet anxiously, and kicked the ground with the tip of her sneaker. "Now I'm being black mailed by Adira and Hoshi, people are starting to piece things together, and Theodore, I don't think feels the same as I do about him. Every time I show any signs of love or affection for someone they leave me in the dust. I've got so much on my plate and I.. I.. I don't know what to do anymore," she concluded as she broke down in tears.

The Slytherin needed some guidence, some help, but she couldn't tell anyone about her life. It was only at that thought did she realize that she had just told Alyssa everything, everything about her life. What am I going to do now? She'll likely tell Bella, and one thing will lead to another, and the whole school will now, she thought as she covered her face in her scarred hands. Secretly wishing Willow would come and just give her a hug that she so desperately needed. The Gryffindor was the only true friend that she really had, that had stuck behind her through all the bull, and would continue to do so, just because she understood, and because they were friends.

Without word Alyssa immediantly stepped foward and wrapped her arms around Abbey in a tight hug. But inside Alyssa felt herself sinking, so this is what Abbey was hiding. Abbey had suffered more then any person Alyssa had known in her lifetime, and to think that she was a memeber of the Glam Sqaud and still had the outer appearance of being happy. Abbey was surely more strong of mind then Alyssa originally gave her credit to. Once Alyssa realeased Abbey she grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the edge of the water and beckoned her to sit down.

"I will tell anyone if you don't want me to. I.....I'll even keep in from Isabella." Alyssa said boldly. She usually told everything to her best friend. But she knew when to keep a secret. Placing her cold pale on hand on Abbey's she gave her a look of seriousness that was rarely ver seen. "If those two goth freaks black mail you...well....leave that to me." Alyssa scowled, she wasn;t afraid to do anything to those two anymore, even if it meant getting her in trouble.

Trying to lighten the mood Alyssa smiled. "As for Theo....h'es just not used to the attention. I know he likes you because he's told me. I think he's worried about moving to fast...." Alyssa was't exactly sure, but from the things she's heard of him...that boy has no clue what he's doing...at all. Alyssa immediantly tried to change the subject but she felt that this was between Theo and Abbey, and Alyssa was never realyl good with relationships...at all.

"You were adopted by your aunt though. So at least you don't have to worry about living on the streets right?" Alyssa asked worriedly.

Abbey didn't refuse Alyssa's hug, but also didn't return it, she just stood their crying like a young child. She let her bring her towards the water, and she sat down, and balled herself him, her arms, like usual, snaked around her thin body. When she said that she wouldn't tell anyone, even Bella, a weak smile was forced onto her lips. "Thank you Aly," she whispered gently.

As she felt Alyssa touch her shoulder she shivered heavily, a slow shudder grew up her spine, she closed her eyes very tightly for a moment before opening them again. The violet irises of the girl looked like sad gems, she shook her head forcefully as Alyssa offered help with Adira and Hoshi. "No, that would be weak," she said firmly. Those two were her own battle, no one elses, and she wanted to keep it that way, not to mention that she still was a very proud little girl. "Moving too fast?" she repeated when Alyssa said that Theodore might be worried about moving too fast. "I'm not asking for an instant family or what ever, I'd just like to be thought of as something more then an amusement, you know?" she said with a roll of her eyes at the thought of moving too fast. She was just as shy as he, but she was open about her feelings towards him, at least now she was, the only thing that rubbed her the wrong way was that when he asked her to stay with him, he seemed to be void of any true feeling for her, that she thought he had before.

"You were adopted by your aunt though. So at least you don't have to worry about living on the streets right?" Abbey sighed, she couldn't expect Alyssa to understand, but there was no use in not explaining now, was there? "Yes, I was adopted by Noelle, but I still remember everything so vividly, and I.. I have to hide everything from everyone, I have to lie so much that I'm sure if I was made out of wood my nose would be growing a mile a minute," she said with an inaudible grown.

"Why Are you so worried about everyone finding out?" Alyssa figured that this would be a given duh answer back to her comment. But Alyssa thought that this made Abbey strong, it gave her a sign of maturity, Abbey could probably handle hurt in her life. Sighing lightly Alyssa figuref this was a really dumb question to ask, no one really wanted others to find out their personal problems.

"Nevermind. That was a dumb question to ask." Alyssa shook her head and turned to smile at Abbey. "I understand that you've had a lot of suffering in the past, but it sounds like things will probably get better for you, you've got so much more to look ahead for."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back