Wand
Rowan Wood 12"1/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
Dan isn't rich anymore
Carla broke up with her now homeless boyfreind
Kasey doesn't like dating beggars :ph43r:
But she put him up in her house out of pity
<i>
</i>

The painted writing on the walls was surveyed by the school with a mixture of responses.

Andy walked down the flight of stairs to see a handful of students gathered on the sixth floor corridor when she went to see what they were up to, they dispersed fairly fast. Her prefects badge had that effect on loitering students. She looked at the wall with painted letters and sighed. When would students ever learn. She knew Kasey and didn't think she would want any malicious gossip said about her. It was bad enough when the gossip magazine had been out but when students started this kind of thing, that was going way too far.

She took out her wand and using the scourgify charm, began to clean the paint off the wall. Wondering where their caretaker was for this sort of thing, Andy also wondered who had actually done it.

Kasey was coming back from the library, a handbag hanging from her right shoulder full of books and so were her hands. This fifth year was studying very hard for her OWLS. She had to study in all the time she had got because every evening they had Qudditch practices which she wouldn't miss on any conditions.

As she passed from the sixth floor she saw a few younger students point at her, give her akward looks. She wondered what all this was about. As she moved a bit further she watched a message written on the wall in big handwriting.

Dan isn't rich anymore
Carla broke up with her now homeless boyfreind
Kasey doesn't like dating beggars
But she put him up in her house out of pity

It ran through her head like five times and silent tears started pouring out of her eyes. She didn't know who had done this and didn't have any enemies she could think of. It was really sad as she stopped rooted to the point reading it over and over as more silent tears poured down her cheeks. She watched Andy come and clean the wall with the scourgfiy charm but the damage had been done.

This Ravenclaw who had safely made it without appearing in any of the gossip magazine issues was now going to face the school because of her breakup. She looked at all the faces looking back at her and then ran away from their. She was going to lock herself in her dormitory.

Ginny started turning the corner of the corridor with her newly done asignment to hand into her class when she saw some commotion. Walking over, she started frowning as she saw the familiar neon orange paint. Alex, was all she thought angrily. He hadn't stopped even after all their argueing they had on this very topic. She sighed before a familiar figure ran past her. 'Kasey? Kasey, wait, stop,' she called running after her friend. It wasn't hard to catch her up though, Ginny always having been more physically fitter than Kasey since first year. She took her by the shoulder gently hoping to give her friend some support.

Kasey ran not listening to anyone. There was someone, trying to stop her, calling her name. She did stop but in a lavatory. Her face was filled with tears, her eyes red and puffy. It was Ginny who had stopped her. "Ginny leave me alone" she said wiping her tears as anger started boiling in her. Whoever had done this was going to pay when she found out who it was.

"I am okay" she lied carelessly. It was very well known that she was lying however currently it seemed to be comforting. She wasn't lying to Ginny but to herself pretending that she was okay and that these wall thing had no effect on her.

Ginny looked at her friend dearly. She hated seeing anyone in tears, especially ones she cared abut. She swallowed slightly to stop herself saying anything stupid and shook her head when Kasey told her to go away. Ginny wouldn't do that even if a pack of wolves were after them.
She'd be here for her friend and that was that. She did lift her hand off her shoulder though, just incase that's what was bothering her. 'Why? What makes you think you're okay?' she asked her crying friend. Maybe if she listed all the things that were going really well in her life, she'd not concentrate about the bad things.

She wiped her tears although they kept making their way out of Kasey's eyes. "Well..umm.. I finished my ..." she said trying to find something to lie about. "Homework. And nothing's wrong" she lied as she washed her face splashing water on her pale skin. She wiped her face with a hanky and then said "See...i..m alright" she said but her voice broke.

"Just a bit tired" she continued "but once I get some sleep it will be alright" she said to herself rather than talking to Ginny. Now the whole school will know.... she thought miserably as she tried to hide her sorrow from reaching her eyes.

Ginny sighed as her friend washed her face. It was so obvious she was lying because Ginny came out the room with Kasey's homework still layed out on the bed. She had forgotten all about it. Ginny came to stand beside her friend.
'Kasey, I'm not dumb, though probably by the way I act a lot of the times, I might seem it. I do know about the writing on the walls. But you musn't let anyone, whether it be someone you know well or not, manipulate and change your own life like this. What you do with a boy is your own business and not their place to judge,' she told her friend meaning every single word of it. She wasn't going to betray her best friend here but she was going to get him punished for doing this. He deserved it today.

Although she had washed and wiped her face new tears had stared forming in her eyes. She hugged Ginny and continued her silent crying. There was no use pretending it didn't happen. "Why dd...id.. som..eone nee...ed to do it?"she said sobbing still hugging her best friend. "What bad did I....I... d.oo to them?"she asked as she once again made efforts to wipe her tears.

"What's written is wrong. We broke up because he goes to Dumstrang while I come here and not because he is poor and has no home to live"she said not sobbing anymore and therefore her words made some sense now.

Ginny hugged Kasey back, glad she wasn't pretending it hadn't happened anymore. 'I don't know Kasey. Why they would do such horrible things,' she told her friend. Even though she knew who had done it, she had no idea why he had done it.
She nodded as Kasey explained the writing on the wall. 'S'ok Kasey. I didn't believe it anyway. If you had things against people being poor, you would never of become my friend in first year.' Ginny laughed because for some reason she had no idea why, but she found this fact pretty amusing.
'Kasey, you sure you have no idea who could of done this??' she asked her friend. She knew Alex hadn't lied to her when he said she had told him but still, he was always so gifted with his words she knew there had to have been a twist.

Kasey didn't let go Ginny. It was now more than ever before, except during the time of Steve's death that she needed a best friend to support her. Kasey being shy and anti-social didn't like being talked about or being the attention of people. As Ginny asked he question, Kasey thought but in all this confusion and sorrow her mind was clouded.

"I don't know" she said thoughtfully as she wiped her tears and tried to be logical. Looking at Ginny she said "I don't think anyone whom I know would do something like this" she said sadly not being able to figure it out. "Maybe if I think...later it would come" she said hoping that she would know who had played dirty with her.

Ginny smiled at her friend. 'Well, I hope you do remember because when you do, you're going straight to the Professor with the culprit,' she replied sternly to her friend. It wasn't often she used this voice, in fact it was so rare she actually did use it, Kasey probably hadn't ever heard it before.
'You sure you can't even remember telling someone this and seeing anyon hearing or something like that?' she asked her friend before remembering something that sometimes woke her up during the night from her light sleeps. 'Kasey, can you remember falling asleep somewhere?' she asked her friend, knowing what Alex had now meant by Kasey telling him it. Sleeptalking. The little swine.

Kasey tried to remember things along the lines Ginny suggested but nothing came. "I do sleeptalk....when I am too tired"she said truthfully as she tried to think. "But I don't sleep anywhere..."she said saying it as if it were a fact.

"Not in class...or library"
she said but as she said library it came to her. That day, she had been sleeping and dreaming about Dan. Someone was there, who had said "I am your worst nightmare"It all came back. She had been tired and therefore sleep talking that day.

She tried to recall the face. It had been a boy. She had seen him in the garden once helping a fainted girl. It had been Ginny and the guy was....Alex, Alex Cullen. She gulped looking down at her shoes as she remembered it. Alex, was Ginny's best friend and she wouldn't like to hurt Ginny by giving him in.

Ginny noticed Kasey trailed off after library. So that's where she had fallen asleep. Looking into Kasey's face and taking her by the shoulders, she frowned slightly.
'Who was it Kasey? And we'll tell the Professors.' she told her, being stern but alas, very gentle with her friend. She knew she would think bad about about peaching on Alex because it would hurt her but Ginny didn't care. In fact she, her selfish side was coming out now and she wanted Kasey to tell on him, give him what he deserved but making sure she didn't get blamed for it herself.

"I don't know" she lied to her friend. She didn't like lying to her best friend but in Kasey's mind it was for Ginny's own good. "Yeah, once I figure it out. We'll tell the Professors" she agreed faking it but keeping a straight face hoping Ginny wouldn't realize what she was up to. She wasn't sure weather Ginny and Alex were just friends or shared a deeper relationship and she didn't want to hurt one and hurt Ginny in turn.

Ginny raised an eyebrow at her best friend reading through the lies. She sighed before letting go of her. '
Fine. If you won't tell Kasey, I'm just going to have to tell on him myself,' she replied, making sure she put no names into her response. She wanted to let Kasey know that she knew but she was loyal to Alex not to peach on him to anyone. She was struck between two though as she also had a duty to Kasey to help her out anyway she could. Ginny knew which was one was most important though. Alex wouldn't mind another detention. It wasn't like he didn't have time to kill. He hardly ever studied.

Kasey sighed as the realization hit her that Ginny might already be knowing, yes Alex could have told her. "Please Ginny" she said holding Ginny by the shoulder and looking into her friend's eyes. "He is your friend...he hates me so much because maybe he thinks I stole you from him or something like that. He'll be very angry if he knows that we told his name to the Professor" she explained in hope that Ginny might give up.

If she didn't, Kasey would tell Ginny that she needed some time to think. Yes, then I can write to Benjamin and ask him what I should do in such a situation she thought positively.

Ginny suddenly realized this. 'I warned him about it Kasey. He knew the costs he was writing that stuff on the wall would end him up in. I even threatened him but he didn't do anything about it. Besides, it doesn't matter whether he'll be angry to you or not, he needs to know he can't do whatever he likes to anyone he likes in this world, 'specially if it hurts someone, like you Kasey,' Ginny told her before sighing.
'But if you don't want to tell on him then, I won't push you. After all, it's up to you.' Ginny ran her fingers through her hair hoping she hadn't made her friend annoyed at her. She knew she made some people feel uncomfortable in her persuasive way of talking but no matter how hard she tried to step out of it, old habits died hard.

Kasey considered Ginny's talk. She did want to tell on him, a part of her didn't care if he got detention or if he got points deducted from his house and it was her duty to do so as a prefect but the kind and polite part took charge.

"I think I'll give him a last chance" she said thoughtfully with a smile. "We can go and warn him about it if it makes you feel good" she said brightly "We can even blackmail him" she said giving Ginny a mischievous grin. "After all he is being considered as a head prefect for next year" she said, her voice dropping to a whisper. "I over heard someone talking about it in the prefect's common room" she told her best friend.

"I don't want to ruin his chances"
she said truthfully. "And once he is the head prefect, he cant do anything wrong and if he does he'll be in more trouble than he could be right now" she said with a smile.

Ginny listened as Kasey came up with a compromise. Really, in all truth, she totally disagreed with this because this was only a few extra detentions in the case. There was no way he could get head prefect with all the mess he has made for his two years at this school already. But she shrugged and smiled at Kasey. 'Ok, we can let him off but if he ever does this again to you, you promise you'll go straight to the Professors, yes?' she asked her friend waiting for her to make her promise before she was going to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back