Rule Breaker

Thorn

OOC First Name
Ash
Thorn wandered down to the Lakeside, it was early and she hoped to sneak in a little swim before the day started. Thorn liked to swim but her chores and caring for the Rosebush took up most of her time.
The Small Elf crept up to the waters edge and slowly walked in, she enjoyed the cool water between her thin legs. Thorn walked in a bit more so she was waist deep, her bluey green hair was half wet and flowing around her. The Little Elf ducked under the water and swam underwater for a meter before coming up for Air. she small elves eyes were almost the same greeny blue as the lake and she smiled as she enjoyed the thrill of secretly breaking the rules it seemed to her.

Thorn swam around for a good few minutes untill she was pulled under water. She let out a small scream before being under water. Her blue hair wrapping around her like it was fighting back aswell. The Small elf looked down and saw the some grindylow pulling her down, she thrashed her feet around kicking them off, not for one second using her Elf powers. the Small elf swam up to the surface but got pulled down Again, she was running out of air but she continued to fight back refusing to save herself with her Elf powers. Thorn kicked the Grindylow in the face and it let go of her foot, she swam up to the lakes edge as quick as she could, blacking out slightly. Thorn reached the surface and gasped, her blue hair covering her like she was some washed up piece of seaweed.
The Fragile Elf spluttered and dragged herself up to the Rosebush with her last strength, she could feel her arms shaking and her vision fading but she wasn't going to stop.

Thorn pulled herself next to the Rosebush after a long drag up the lake front and collapsed, her ankles were a bit red and cut from the Grindylow's grasp and her hair was wrapped around her face, she shuddered and tried to gain back her strength. The Small Elf stayed close to the Rosebush, shaking with fear.

On a cloudless day like today, Madlyn could not help but be outside discovering the school grounds. She had study this morning, went through all of notes and exams. Days like this she would come out to get a clear mind before she lost her wits from studying. It helped her to become calm and collective, it sorted all that she needed to do for the next day. It pretty much did her good when she had too much on her mind, when she was close to cracking down, walking was the cure to give her mind some fresh air to think. She had seldom walked the path towards the garden, slipping into her own mind of an open field. Creating all that she could imagine to keep her sane and normal. If only she could use magic to flick those exams away, she'd think how easy it would be to finish school now till her seventh year. It be marvelous to any students who disliked exams!

As she walked further along the garden, climbing over bushes and looking over tall hedges something from way down the corner of the garden was ruffling leaves. She couldn't make out the figure, whatever it was yanking the flowers out of their pot holes. They were making a big mess out of the dirt and trashing the leaves out of the hedges. She went to go stop it, 'whatever' it was but as she made the dash for it, the thing spotted her solid shadow. It went mad in another direction, leaving the part-giant girl confused as to why it had to runaway from her. Yet as she stood quiet now, trying to catch a noise from it, she heard something else.

Someone was sobbing or something. She'd wouldn't be able to tell yet, she exited the garden and followed the sound. She came near the cries, standing over a high hedge where the rose bush was placed she saw little Thorn crying with bloody fresh wounds covering her arms. "Thorn" she asked mortified to see such a creature battered in her condition. "What happen to you?" she pushed the hedges aside, making a path for her to slip through. Lowering to the ground, she crouch right next to the blue elf. "Who did this to you?!"

Thorn saw a girl who looked familiar above her and she squeaked lightly, a bad habit she had goten into since she was here. 'Grindylow's in the lake' she said softly as she tried to pull herself to her feet 'I'm Okay miss, don't worry about such an elf as me, i will survive' she said as her small legs shook as she stood on her feet.
The Blue haired Elf looked at her ankles and wrists and noticed the red marks but ignored the pain as she felt some salt water seep into them, she couldn't dare let a student tend to her, she would be a laughing stock.
For a fleeting moment she thought about using Magic but shook her head, She wouldn't dare, she was different with her long bluey green hair why use magic, if she wasn't Magical she probably wouldn't have blue hair she always thought of it that way anyway.

Thorn smiled weakly at the girl 'The Grindylow's were just being Grindylow's, Please don't hate them miss for what they are. They didn't mean it. I will be Fine' she said softly her voice still sounding sweet.

Madlyn felt half convince, she'd only knew Thorn in a short period of time; and so far Thorn was known to be a little reckless. "I'm not sure if I believe you, what if the Grindylow had feast on you? They are very dangerous when it comes to very small creatures as yourself" she sat bended on her knees. The ground was cushioning up against her skin, for a while she would get tired if sitting but she stayed like that anyways.

"What were you doing near the lake in the first place?" she question Thorn, her small body look wasted from the swim and the red marks around her ankle looked badly swollen. Madlyn didn't know how long she can take looking at her sores. She would have to contain herself in order to understand how Thorn got in that much trouble in the first place. "Were you hiding something from someone or something?" she asked eying her a bit.

'No Miss, Thorn was just swimming' she said smiling smally 'And the Grindylow are naughty yes, but its who they are' she added trying to convince the girl not to bother about her, She didn't want to be a pathetic House elf who neeeded help all the time.
Thorn went to get up and her thin bony knee's started to tremble but she got over the feeling and stood up tall 'I'm sorry i was swimming, it just looked so nice and Inviting' she said sadly knowing she would get in trouble for it when she should've been doing her chores.

Madlyn shook her head. "I understand but.." Thorn was so small, wizards and witches could defeat Grindylow, Thorn too if she used her magic. And it was weird, because Madlyn knew the capabilities of some house elfs, and here this one was badly injured. She thought maybe Thorn was afraid to use her magic, that maybe Thorn had deeper issues to resolve. "..why didn't you get away before they got to you? Maybe you wouldn't be so badly wounded" she said to the blue house elf. Honestly they were such lousy creatures at times, never ever having a backbone. It's no wonder why people like Madlyn exist, she cared to much to ignore a helpless creature.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back